“Very Nice Surprise! I will be back!”
Review of Nu-Cavu

Nu-Cavu
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Wallkill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

While visiting friends in Wallkill we stopped there for lunch. Our friend's description of the restaurant sounded odd but then again, Jim is a little odd. But ok, we were willing to try something new. We had a gorgeous day! Perfect weather. Waiter (TJ) was professional, attentive, efficient. Model of a waiter. The food was great! Everyone enjoyed their appetizer and entrée. Our two friends visiting from France practically licked their plates clean. The portions were perfect. The French Onion Soup was NOT loaded with salt. A refreshing change. We were so satiated by our meals that we could not order desserts. TJ gave great drink suggestions. The prices were very reasonable considering the fabulous quality of the service, ambiance and, most importantly, the food. The planes buzzing by every once in a while was not annoying but was a novel distraction. Bring your camera if you like taking action shots. a couple parachuters came down too. A great time was had by our group of 11 (aged 8 to 80). (In the voice of Arnold: I'LL BE BACK! (with more friends and family)). My father-in-law loves planes and will love this place.

There are newer reviews for Nu-Cavu

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went there for dinner. Don't order fish. They really don't know how to cook it to order. Was so disappointed. My fish was overcooked and I sent it back and got something else. I was so looking forward to eating there but will not return.. Waitress was lovely. Appetizer for delicious. Had Thai mussels. Very tasty. Wished that was my entree. Nice decor.

1  Thank skibunny19
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We live fairly close to the NuCavu and frequent it regularly.

When you first pull up to the place, depending on the day you go, there will be a lot of cars in the parking lot. Summers tend to be the busiest because they have an awesome outdoor area and on Fridays you can watch skydivers. They also have bands/music in the bar area on weekend evenings. In the winter, they have a gorgeous fireplace in the main dining room. This restaurant really has great ambiance.

We find the food to be really good. They always serve you a bread basket with olive tapenade. They have a decent wine list too. Sometimes we like to go there and order a bottle of wine and a few appetizers (for our dinner). The mussels, fried calamari, and cold antipasti are all really good and more than enough for two people. As for the entrees, we find they do not disappoint. We never get to order dessert because we usually eat all of our dinner and the portions are not small! (We are piggies!)

The service is very good, they are pretty on top of the orders and clearing of the plates. I rarely ever have to ask for refills on my drink. They also have a water person who is always filling up on water.

In my opinion, the worst time to go is on a Friday night (especially if you get caught sitting inside). On those nights the staff seems to be frazzled which counteracts our wanting to relax and then with a full dining room its very difficult to hear the person next to you. I find those evenings to not be great. We find one of the best times to go is on a weekend afternoon in the summer, like a Sunday. You can usually see several airplanes arrive and take off from the runway which is right there and it is very relaxing.

I definitely recommend this restaurant and think it's worth a try and your own evaluation.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is hands down the best food I've had in the Hudson Valley. I only think to go on days they're closed, however, so it's unfortunate they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Go on Fridays! You can watch skydivers off the back patio just feet from where you sit, and there is also a raffle for a free tandem skydive. The menu is SO good. I've never been dissatisfied with the food.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I'm an airplane owner and my wife and I fly in regularly -- you can taxi right up to the dining patio. But I would drive an hour if I had to. This is the greatest restaurant. The food is varied, exquisite, and reasonable. Wait-staff are all professional and friendly. Views on a sunny day are uplifting. Owners are great too. You cannot leave disappointed. Wednesday nights they offer Mexican specialties like a big, perfectly spiced grilled Mexican steak for under $20. Large portions, top quality. I'd give it six stars, but the ratings only go up to five!

1  Thank skymanbob