“UNBELIEVABLE!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wallkill
Bernetta's Place Bed & Breakfast Inn by the Lake
Ranked #2 of 4 Wallkill B&B and Inns
Manalapan, New Jersey
“UNBELIEVABLE!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Just returned home from our first stay at Bernetta's Place and it was just amazing. Just a little piece of heaven. Bernetta is an amazing women who takes much pride in all she does She is extremely gracious and her home is kept impeccable. My husband and I
are so grateful to find such a wonderful place like this . We cannot wait to revisit again
in September. THANK YOU BERNETTA!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I went kicking and screaming to Bernetta's Place a couple of days ago. I hate B&B's. Usually cramped rooms, many times you share a bathroom and the food most times is well... she she (not guy food)  for a lack of a better term.
All I can say is UNBELIEVABLY fantastic! Grounds were huge and beautifully well kept. The rooms were better than many hotels I've stayed in over the years. Well appointed and a good size. But the breakfast was the best surprise. Hot strong coffee early and plenty. One morning I had fruit, orange walnut pancakes and BACON. I made my wife get the recipe for the pancakes. They were that good. The next scrambled eggs and bacon, potatoes and fruit and  again plenty of hot coffee. It was really hot and there was plenty of juices and water provided. Bernetta was extremely attentive to all the guests, and the best part... she allows your best friend to come with you. As long as you dog is socialized. Ours had a great time roaming the grounds and taking a dip in the crystal clear lake. We loved it so much, we booked a weekend in Sept. Thanks to Bernetta's Place my attitude towards B&B's has been transformed.

Guys I'm telling you have no fear, you'll love it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Bernetta is a gracious host and keeps her Inn in great condition. We stayed in the Adirondack room, which is just rustic enough for effect. We much enjoyed a nice walk to the lake, dipping in the hot tub, the salt water pool and the delicious breakfast (among the very best we ever had). Lots to do and good places to eat nearby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I first stayed at Bernettas's Place Columbus Day weekend 2010. We loved it so much I have stayed there 3 more times since, and have 4 more trips planned there this year. My husband and I live in nyc and have demanding careers. We are able to come to this bed and breakfast, rest, recover in peace and quiet, and are made to feel like we are home when we arrive. Our dogs love the place, the breakfasts are amazing, and Bernettas"s decor and hospitality are superb. Every time we visit, she helps us plan amazing day hikes, visits to local attractions, and helps reserve a place for dinner that always exceeds our expectations. She is a short walk to a lake where you can kayak, swim with the dog or just walk around. Her home is a short drive to town, antiques, farms, hikes and most important the vineyards. If you are looking for a quick, reasonably priced relaxing gateway, with or without your dog, I strongly recommend this B&B. Please note, I have stayed at other B&B's in town, and while they are nice, this one in my opinion is the best. I also travel here with family, and for girls weekends. It is the perfect place for any occasion.

• Stayed May 2011
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We randomly picked a bed & breakfast near the Minnewaska State Park. What a pleasant surprise from the moment we walked in to the moment we left. Benetta was very helpful in finding good restaurants, good hiking and local amenities. The breakfast was to die for as some of the other guests have indicated. The highlight for me was the lounge with the fireplace which was just perfect in winter ... and the hot tub :-) The house is beautifully decorated and you can see Bernetta's touch in everything. Would definitely recommend to everyone. Thanks for everything Bernetta. Clinton

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Forest hills, NNY
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I've been coming up to New Paltz for the weekend since moving to New York (about 5 years now) and just discovered this amazing bnb! We're always looking for a pet-friendly place and had somehow never stumbled across this gem. My husband and I were looking for a last minute place to stay with our friend from out of town and stumbled upon Bernetta's by searching for "pet friendly lodging" or some such on Google Maps.
Bernetta was UNBELIEVABLY friendly. I couldn't believe it. The house is just beautiful, the nearby restaurants delicious, and the hiking outstanding. Love the area, and now I think we have a new favorite spot to stay. :) Great rooms, food, company and a relaxing fireplace just to chill by and talk in the evening. I had such a great time - highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2010

My boyfriend, pup and I recently enjoyed a weekend at Bernetta's and were pleasantly surprised. It is everything I hope for in a bed and breakfast and more! I've stayed at a few places where breakfast means a coffee and muffins, not here. Both days breakfast was amazing. Everything Bernetta does here is with integrity, love and care. We stayed in the Milbrook Mountain Suite. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. It instantly felt like a home away from home. I highly recommend using the hot tub at night without the lights so you can look up at the stars. On our first night we took a walk to the nearby lake which was close and the perfect end to a weary day of traveling after a busy week. The next day we hiked around lake Minnewaska, dropped off the pup, headed to New Paltz for lunch and then over to the Hudson Whiskey tour. We stopped at the Mountain Brauhaus for dinner and back to Bernetta's to watch a movie and finish off our bottle of wine. I am not one to write these reviews but we had such a great time that I had to share. Everything about this trip was great. Bernetta was very helpful with directions and ideas of what to do in the area, as well as cook the most amazing breakfasts! Thanks again!

Kris, Abe & Stella

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallkill
Minnewaska Lodge
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
Honor's Haven Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ellenville
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown

Been to Bernetta's Place Bed & Breakfast Inn by the Lake? Share your experiences!