“GREAT PLACE”

Dining options: Reservations
Wading River, New York
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I live in the area and this place is great. The owner is very personable and food exceptional. It is NYC food in the country. Big portions and well prepared. If you get the chance go.

1 Thank RLLAX

Long Island, New York
“Reopened 2X4 restaurant”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Near Wildwood SP, this new version of the 2X4 is so much better. Excellent food in an old environment. Dining room off the bar area is quite good, and the new chef by the title name is very good.

1 Thank Ron P
Ridge, NY
“amazing food and service without equal”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I have been to Michael Anthony's food bar on six occasions... it seems like each time is better than the last. We just were at Michael Anthony's on Sunday September 18th to celebrate my birthday. Michael Anthony himself prepared a special dish just for my husband-- horseradish panko encrused t-bone steak! It was phenomenal! My husband ate the entire thing then started gnawing on the t-bone. I have the pictures to prove it. I had the seared ahi tuna with avocado and enoki mushrooms. It melted in my mouth! I know the restaurant is a little hidden away and off the beaten path, but anybody who LOVES food as much as we do, should get out the google maps and find Michael Anthony's.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank euphoryadeux
St. George, Utah
“Unusual location, pretty good food!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I spend most of the month of August at the family's home in Wading River, just up the street, literally from Michael Anthony's. Seriously, we walked there and that was a good thing, because even on a Thursday night, parking is limited. We called late for reservations, but we happy to be seated out on the patio, as the weather was gorgeous that night and inside, it was quite loud. Staff is excellent, very friendly and attentive. We were using a Groupon that I had purchased earlier this year, and sometimes I think the wait staff sees that as a negative thing...not as it's meant to be. Find new customers and impress them so they will come back even without a discount. She was more than happy to take it.
She brought out some rolls and flat-breads along with a hummus, tapenade and a buttery something good. We ordered a fig appetizer, very good and then shared a beet & feta salad. Thankfully they didn't frown on us sharing a salad, because seriously, once you hit a certain age, even small portions on top of appetizers can ruin your dinner. I thought the hummus was a little flat, and the tapenade needed a little more olive oil. I ordered scallops w/eggplant and my husband had the Ahi tuna. My scallops were awesome, I almost didn't want to share! The Ahi serving was HUGE, took half of that home. It was a tad bit salty, but prepared perfectly.
And on another note, we aren't big wine drinkers, didn't want to order a bottle and I was very happy to see that the portion they deem as a "glass" was quite adequate. Too many times we order just a glass, and it's hardly three sips! Glad not to be gouged for once!
Will definitely return in the future when we are staying in Wading River and possibly bring some of the family.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank BuckeyeRover
New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I tried Michael Anthony’s Food bar for a nice Sunday dinner. The menu is varied and many things sound so enticing. Everything we tried was excellent and very tasty. Only real complaint would be perhaps a bit to much pepper in the main course Tuna and Duck. It is a bit far for a regular visit, but we would certainly go again if the situation warranted.

• Visited August 2011