“Fine Dining at Its Best”
Review of La Plage

La Plage
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Wading River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "The Most Romantic Restaurant on Long Island" - NY Times Praised by Zagat Survey for its "superb culinary artistry," La Plage is one of Long Island's premier dining destinations, set in a gorgeous beach-front location offering both indoor and terrace seating.
Delray Beach, FL
“Fine Dining at Its Best”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Indoor/outdoor seating and bar. Elegant presentation and delectable flavors. All courses were outstanding. In sight of the beach and LI sound though the view is spoiled somewhat by parking lot; but, the drive getting there is very pleasant, especially in a convertible with the top down. Use your GPS. Reservations suggested.

• Visited July 2013

Texas
“Very accommodating.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Made no salt entre on request and it still very tasty. Beautiful location. Nice size portions. Across the street from the beach.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DDPTexas
west islip,new york
“perfect!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Another great La Plage experience. I am picky! Give me smaller portions worth eating and I am a happy camper. Would I go on a Saturday night in July? Not a chance. Tonight, I had a perfect leisurely meal with the locals. Such a nice crowd. It's a 45 minute drive w/o traffic for us but so worth it. Aside from the mussels, go for the specials. I did. Salad, entree and desert. The staff are lovely. Oh I love this place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bleepy
Miller Place, New York
“Dining al Fresco”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Reservations were for 8:00 pm...so dining under the stars was a perfect accompaniment to our delicious dinner. We started with the cheese platter (clearly explained and accented by appropriate "spreads") The tomato salad w/ Haricots was garden fresh and large enough to share. The Beef carpaccio was smoky and flavorful. on to dinner....the Pappardella Pasta had a bit too many Mussels in relationship to the rest of the ingrediants. the Filet Mignon with potato puree was PERFECT! The Veal Chop w/ Lobster Cream Sauce, Gnocchi and asparagus was tasted by all and ENJOYED by all! The Pan Roasted Branzino could have been a bit fresher. Our guest wanted the local fish but they were sold out. Overall, the meats were better than the fish dishes and dining al Fresco was a lovely way to enjoy a beautifuly evening.

• Visited September 2012
Long Island, New York
“Return for anniversary”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent service and food. We had wine (me the Rhone, my wife the merlot), salads (me the tomato salad, my wife the beet salad), entrees (me the filet mignon, best I ever had, my wife the crusted swordfish), desserts (me the 3 scoops of homemade ice cream, my wife the apple pie).
As it was Labor Day, the restaurant was quite busy, but the service was timely and polite. The food was well presented. I don't understand the previous review, must have been a bad day for those people.

• Visited September 2012