“stunning beach!”

73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“stunning beach!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just discovered this beach recently and have to say it is now my new favorite beach! (in the northeast anyway)

This beach is so stunning with dramatic landscapes of towering dunes and unique rock features. Very geologically intresting area - and the colors in all the rocks and pepples are so pretty, with pinks, purples, and oranges. It is a very long strench of beach so great for walking.

Not sure how crowded it gets in the summer, but I was there on a week day in September and there were only about 5 other people on the beach - so relaxing!

The water is so clear - it was too cold to swim when I was there, but looks like there would be good snorkeling around the rocks. I could see fish just standing from the shore. Also good for birdwatching - saw gulls, egrets, and swans.

Although the trails are not too well maintained, there is hiking on top of the dunes, which offer some spectacular views!

Only negative is the beach is more pebbly than sandy, but I did find a few patches of sand for sunbathing.

Visited September 2012