“Wonderful and Relaxing”

The Inn at East Wind
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wading River
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on our anniversary. Check-in was smooth. We reserved a King Room and it was ready when we arrived at 3:30PM. Check in is 4:00 PM. The room was quite big and comfortable. It was immaculate. In fact, the whole hotel was immaculate. Extremely clean and inviting. We ate dinner in Desmonds Restaurant in the hotel. Service was great. Food was above average. After dinner, a few drinks on the outdoor patio with friends, which was comfortable and relaxing. The restaurant has a beautiful wood bar. The next morning was breakfast in the same restaurant - best omelet I ever had. My wife had a spa treatment which she loved (she got a facial and massage). Professional staff who attended to every detail. I would definitely return for a weekend here. Highly recommend this hotel for couples and a romantic getaway. The hotel offers bus trips to the North Fork Wineries which will be the subject of another review.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank I
There are newer reviews for The Inn at East Wind

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I were invited to a wedding at East Wind. We had a baby a year ago and really have not had time to vacation. We decided to make a mini vacation out of the wedding. We stayed the weekend. It was such a wonderful place. The wedding was superb. The food was really good. All of the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The grounds were lined with some of the most beautiful flowers ever. We decided the next morning to go breakfast at Desmonds. We had breakfast outside on the beautiful outdoor patio. Then we went on a wine tour. They have a great luxury bus that takes you to the nearby vineyards. It was a lot of fun. We went with a few couples that stayed the night. It was a really relaxing and fun time. That night we went to Demonds again for dinner, the food was awesome. I especially loved the live entertainment. It was a really nice tounch. The next morning we went to the spa. I have been to many spas and this was such a wonderful hidden gem. It was so calm, relaxing and rejuvenating. My husband and I did the couples package with the side by side massages and the hydrotherapy tub soak. It was so clean!!! Our massage therapist were so professional and the were sooooo good. I love that this place is so close to home. I love that I am away but still close to my son. Definately try it. It is great! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank loretta s
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed two nights. Front desk service was good, room was nice. This is a wedding banquet facility that has a wing that operates as a hotel. The food was well priced and similar to what you would get in a banquet.

Room Tip: Best to get a room away from the banquet facilities.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank casper-sk
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Myself and a group of friends go the Inn for a spa/lunch and have been going for years. The last time we went the service and food were so poor that I called twice to speak to someone and complain. I was told someone would call back. No one returned my calls. We have had many parties and events at this hotel and I can only assume our business is no longer appreciated. My group agrees that we will no longer use this venue. Our biggest complaint was the quality of the food which to add insult to injury, was quite expensive. The waiter seemed annoyed and put out by any request and our "special spa" day was no longer special. I do not recommend this Inn, however, the area is lovely.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Phyllis C
Reviewed March 30, 2012

My family and I attempted to stay at the Inn to escape the ravages of the Hurricane last August. When we checked in we were not informed that all services at the hotel including bar, restaurant, room service and spa were to be closed within the hour and not reopened. Before we brought in the luggage from the car we checked out the room, which was the most expensive, sold to us on the grounds that it was the only one left, far from true, and found that it had not been configured as requested. On going downstairs we found out, by chance that all facilities were to be closed. We immediately told the front desk that we could not stay in these circumstances, paid the bill for some drinks consumed prior to the closure, and left having been told that we had cleared our account. While the checkout clerk was charming, The manager was surly and abusive and completely unhelpful.

On our return to the United Kingdom we found that they had debited our bank card for the room that we did not use. I note from other reviews that we are not the only 'guests' to have had the same problem. We are still in the middle of legal action to recover this wrongly taken sum. In a hurricane one expects people to be helpful and not exploitative.

Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Woollybear
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The check-in person was very helpful. The wait staff in restaurant was very patient and accommodating. Food was good. Only wish they had automatic doors. It was hard trying to manuever door and luggage. I also use wheelchair so that would have been a big plus.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank cienza26
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Stayed one night as part of a wine tasting package.

Location - LOVELY. Eastern LI is just beautiful. You are at the beginning of the "Vineyards Stretch". Vineyards are FABULOUS! Highly recommend hiring a bus to take you! Makes the day even better and it goes almost too fast!
Staff - Very nice. Helpful. Seemed a little overwhelmed at times in the bar with a large crowd but no problems.
Room - Very ornate design but spacious...LOVE the high ceilings! TV needs an upgrade. Old set that needed some time to 'warm up.' The bed was comfortable, bathroom clean. No complaints.
Desmond's Restaurant - EXCELLENT. I was expecting more of a "catered meal" but was pleasantly surprised. Service was tops. Food was terrific. Atmosphere was great! Had a few drinks at the bar afterward.
SPA - Loved everything! The fitness room could use some upgrading, but I suppose not many use it, as the hotel has fast turnaround and more or less one night stays after weddings, functions, etc.

I had a great time!

Danford's Hotel & Marina
Danford's Hotel & Marina
#1 of 2 in Port Jefferson
SpringHill Suites Long Island Brookhaven

Been to The Inn at East Wind? Share your experiences!