“Great Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Reviewed August 18, 2007

This is a very, very nice hotel. The suite we had accommodated everyone perfectly. It was more than we asked for as a layover for a long road trip. The pool was beautiful, the breakfast that was included had something for everyone and more. The lobby was rustic and charming, the courtyard had a tropical setting with a pond. Right off the main highway and plenty of restaurants nearby. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. If we are ever in the area we would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed August 15, 2007

Stayed here one night on a roadtrip from Boston to northern Michigan. Wish the rest of the hotels had been this nice.

The check-in clerk was a young "kid", but extremely courteous and professional. When my three-year-old asked what room number we had, he smiled and said he couldn't say it out loud for security reasons (I'd never had anyone do that before, but he did it so nicely that it seemed like he really was looking out for us). It was funny, because the setting made me feel as safe as any 4-star resort I've stayed in.

The lobby was gorgeous in a simple way. The room was spotless, comfortable bed, the pool was nice (jacuzzi highly recommended for strong jets) and the work-out room looked good. There was even a little courtyard/garden with a koi pond and lounge chairs that my son got a kick out of.

The breakfast buffet was nice, too, although I'm not a fan of CNN first thing in the morning. (Like to have my coffee before I hear about how the world is going to he(( in a handbag.)

This place was so good for the money, I filled out their comment card and said if all Hampton Inns were as nice, it would be my "default" hotel.

Mall, TGI Friday and freeway all nearby for anyone on roadtrip.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2007

we just returned from a 4 day stay, this area of New York state is beautiful and well maintained. The positive things about the hotel are the great staff and very comfortable beds - although the lobby and public areas are well appointed, the same cannot be said for the rooms - furniture such as dresser and closet are already worn and falling apart, the bathub area needs maintenance and the curtains smelled of cigarettes (non smking room) - the air conditioning unit was extremely loud (it had a life of its own) which made it very difficult to sleep.. it was in the mid to high 90's while we were there so a/c very needed..
the coffee was excellent and the breakfast items were fresh and plentiful - overall its a nice hotel but w/o proper upkeep it will soon become very dumpy...
On another note - this site and others advertised "no pets allowed" so you can imagine our surprise & disappointment to run into a big black lab in our hallway (good thing it was our last morning there) when we asked later the staff confirmed the hotel was pet friendly - not as advertised!
visitor from Canada

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2006

We have just returned from a one night stay. This has to be one of the best Hampton that we have ever stayed at. The location is just off the NY thruway, and a mall with Macy's and Lord & Taylor is one stoplight away. There are also numerous restaurants close by the hotel. The lobby is very large for a Hampton Inn, with a large stone fireplace, lots of wood panelling and very nice furniture. We stayed in a 2 room suite (only a $20 upgrade from a standard room) that had 2 TV's, kitchen with dishes, large bathroom, and a nice sized living room and bedroom. Included breakfast was excellent and all the staff we encountered were very friendly. We used a Roomsaver coupon and got a great rate.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dhi50
Reviewed October 28, 2006

I stayed for one night in October 2006 at the Hampton Inn in Victor, NY. My flight was delayed and I didn’t check in until 2 a.m.! Check-in was a breeze but the parking was a nightmare. I had to park all the way at the end of the parking lot and walk all the way to the front of the hotel. It was a little scary especially since it was so late and I was by myself. The room was very clean, the breakfast was very good and the staff was friendly. Too bad my stay was only for 1 night. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2006

We stayed one night, August 2, on our way back to Buffalo airport. It's a wonderful alternative to the high hotel rates in the Buffalo area.

The suite was oversized, immaculately clean, with a great air conditioning system. (AC much appreciated in the 100 degree temperatures!) The tub and toilet area was quite large and there was a separate lavatory and dressing area plus 2 closets.
Suite was nicely decorated, including artificial silk plants in the corners. Beds were extremely comfortable... featured by lots of Hampton Inns now.

Breakfast buffet was quite average... adequate, but served in a nice, comfortable and clean environment.

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and even tried to help me find a probably cemetery location in an obscure little town south of Victor.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Zell
Reviewed November 20, 2005

Nothing really bad to say about this Hampton Inn. It's clean, new, well-located right off I-490 and the Thruway, with a nice breakfast, beautiful and spacious lobby (way larger than typical Hampton Inn lobby), and comfortable rooms.

And, the room rate I paid ($139) was similar to what I paid for a far dirtier, older, less well appointed Hampton just up the road in Rochester.

I would definitely stay here again.

The only suggestion I have, in case someone from the hotel reads this, is to create a smoking lounge for the employees. As it is now, it appears all of the employees smoke, and they are not allowed to do so in the building so they hang-out by the back door and smoke, leaving a nasty cloud of smoke to walk through when entering the building (if your room is in the back of the building) and actually making the back hallway *inside* the building smell of smoke, too.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank travelguy20824
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Comfort Inn & Suites Farmington - Victor

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor? Share your experiences!