“Always what you'd expect from a Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We had a corner suite on the top floor. About ten minutes after we arrived, the receptionist called to ask if our room was to our satisfaction...That's service.

The location is not prefect, but you'll find everything you need in a five minute drive.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karl L

Reviewed February 5, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton this week because we were having some work done at our home. The room was a dump. The bed had all these lumps and bumps - pillows were horrible. One of the mirrors on the closet door had two huge cracks in it and both doors literally looked like they were going to fall off at any minute.
We really only used the room to sleep and shower which was a good thing. Everything looked worn and old. Not the least bit inviting.
Housekeeping barely cleaned the room - first day didn't even empty the trash! I used the plastic laundry bag the first night we were there - it never was replaced.
I am a Hilton Gold member so try to stay at Hilton hotels, but next time I need a room - I am definitely going elsewhere.
yuck!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ddd1234
Reviewed February 3, 2009

My room was upgraded to include a fireplace, a full kitchen, and a separate bedroom! Who knew that a Hampton Inn could offer so many amenities?! It is directly across the parking lot from a TGI Fridays - very convenient for business travelers. The staff is very friendly, the facilities are new and impressive, and you're a stone's throw away from the interstate exit - it's right there!! Quick and easy drive into downtown Rochester of no more than 15-20mins.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank CharlieDC
Reviewed November 15, 2008

We've stayed in this hotel several times & the location can't be beat - just off the highway, near lots of dining and shopping. I think that next time I'll probably try a different hotel since the room was quite disappointing this time. It obviously needed updating - everything from the horrible mattress on the fold-out couch to the hole in the wall that looked like someone punched it. The rooms are spacious but dated but the pool & exercise room are good.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank lilac7272
Reviewed September 14, 2008

A fitness center with basic weight lifting machines and/or free weights is a requirement when I choose a hotel.

I had stayed at this hotel in the past and it met my requirement.

At the time I booked, and throughout my stay, the hotel web site continued to show a photo of the fitness center, with a weight lifting machine and with free weights.

However this equipment had been removed and replaced with additional aerobic equipment.

When I complained to the staff and eventually to Hilton Hotels, the manager of the hotel responded that the Hampton Inn "standard" does not require weight lifting equipment.

I wonder if the Hampton Inn "standard" requires honesty?

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fuhampton
Reviewed November 16, 2007

Our recent stay fell well short of expectations. After checking TA, we booked a reservation(online) several days before our arrival. Hampton website showed a multitude of room types available and I indicated our preference for a room on an upper floor. Upon arrival for check-in at about 4:00 PM I was informed that there were only three rooms left...all on the 1st floor...and as an added bonus-adjacent to the pool. When I showed the front desk clerk our clear preference on my confirmation she replied,"we don't check Saturday reservations until Friday." Needless to say, we were subjected to a "track meet" outside our door until the pool closed at about 10:30. The attitude of the front desk staff was," we are sold out,so take it or leave it."
Otherwise: Room-average/Lobby & Grounds-nice/Location-good/pool-mobbed. Try the Holiday Inn nearby....we will be doing so.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Viking47
Reviewed November 11, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn- Victor (November 2007)because we had a wedding nearby. This is a VERY nice hotel. This is a nicer Hampton Inn than what I have stayed in. There is a HUGE fireplace in the lobby and the lobby itself is VERY rustic. We stayed in a regular room which was somewhat spacious. The king bed was very comfortable. The hot tub was nice, but the swimming pool was very cool (both indoors) so we didnt go in the pool. There was a group of 8 of us, and the hotel shuttled us to a nearby resturant. There is a TGI Fridays in the parking lot, but they close at 11. We did eat at the breakfast, which is the only below average comment I can say about the hotel. It was essentially a Sausage McMuffin on Saturday and some cheesey egg english muffin on Sunday.

If you have time, we did go to the mall nearby which was nice. Nothing too exceptional. I do have to HIGHLY recommend the Casa Larga winery which is less than two miles away. We did a wine tasting, and bought three bottles of wine (which you get a discount through the tasting).

It was a very relaxing weekend, and I probably would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjkcpktrips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Comfort Inn & Suites Farmington - Victor

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor? Share your experiences!