“tasty, salty, small portions”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 22, 2014

we were seated right away with our reservation for 6 persons. service was outstanding. Melissa knew the entrees and well as the seasonings down cold. she was very accommodating as we had to wait for some of our party. appetizers came quickly, and were small and very salty, as were our meals. the food was tasty, but the portions were so small. four med sized scallops, and 4 shrimp, med again, grilled and smoky. nice but I was still quite hungry. the garlic mashed were pretty good, and the veggie side was just ok. all but the seafood seemed pre cooked, like out of the big pot. for 19 bucks, it should have been a little less anemic of a dish. great spot to stop for apps or drinks, but I think I'd skip dinner next time. I don't need that much sodium.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We visit the local Bonefish Grill about every three months when we want something special and we're never disappointed. Usually we arrive early for dinner, get the half priced wine deal and then order the crusted trout. We're "old", so we split the trout order and each get a Ceasar salad. It's the perfect amount of food and the trout is always delicious. Add good, friendly service and easy access at this location and we leave feeling that the time has been well spent and special. This time we took friends and they agreed.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife received an email from Bonefish indicating a special for 12/30 where you can get $6 Bang Bang shrimp (and $12 endless champagne). That's pretty much it. No coupon. Nothing saying you have to show the email to the the server.

We arrived before 5:30 pm and the dining room was 90% empty, but we were told the wait was 30-45 min, so we sat in the bar. No problem. We ordered a couple of glasses of the very yummy Coppola cab, Bang Bang shrimp, fish tacos and the FL Cobb salad. The meal was very good and service (from Jeffrey) was very good, too...until the bill came.

I saw we were charged the regular price for the Bang Bang shrimp ($9.9). I asked for the advertised price. Jeffrey told us it was a special for customers who received the email ("Then we know you are in the database." he told us more than once). My wife whipped out her iPhone and started looking up the email, but Jeffrey cleared the table, took my card (kind of thought he would just believe us and adjust the bill) and left. My wife found the email and when Jeffrey returned, I found he didn't adjust the bill. We showed him the email, he said something about the freakin' database again and left us with the bill as-is. We did the only thing we can do and took it out of his tip. What could he expect???

We did look for a manager when we were leaving (she stopped by earlier to ask about our meal...which, again, was more than fine to that point), but there was a huge crowd around the hostess station so I am doing my venting using TA. Thanks TA!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've almost always loved this restaurant, and have had a number of very good meals here. Last night was about as good as I've ever seen. This restaurant is located inside the Eastview Mall in Victor, and is usually extremely crowded. Last night was an exception, being a cold Sunday night. For that reason, the service was much quicker than usual (which is sometimes their only downfall), and we were served our meals quite quickly. My wife and I both had the Maryland crab cakes, which were very nicely done, with a Remoullade (spelling?) sauce. The only issue I had with the crab cake was that it was a little too flaky, but the taste was very nice indeed!

Accompanying the crab cakes was a nice vegetable medley in which the carrots, broccoli, and string beans were perfectly steamed. Also on the plate was a portion of spaghetti squash that was sweetened with a bit of yam that went along nicely with the rest of the meal.

I'm not usually much of a dessert person, but I saw that they had my favorite...key lime pie, on the menu. So, of course I had to try that too. Yummy!!!

I enjoyed my entire meal, and will definitely come back in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ran out of trout at 6 PM. Sashimi doesn't compare to authentic. Crab and corn soup is tasty. Just so so.