“Truly Disappointing”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
“Truly Disappointing”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have frequented Bonefish Grill restaurants over the years, but apparently they have taken a change in directon that was a surprise and dissappointment for me personally. I guess it depends on your expectations.I suppose the change in direction is attributable to a more casual clientele and the business traveler. This locatoin is at the entrance to a large mall.

On my way to the restaurant I had visions of swordfish steak or perhaps fresh tuna. Those fairly popular selections were not on the very limited menu. The entire back of the single page menu was devoted to alcoholic (largely) drinks. The front offered very few selections of appetizers, entrees, desserts, etc. My memory of Bonefish was that it was a must stop for a wide variety of fish dishes and certainly a multi-page menu of selections.

Service was okay, that is, fast enough but not very refined. The restaurant was very pretty, however, it was hustle bustle and not a place to go and relax and have a great dinner. My friend and I each had one of the "Specals" (mixed grill) which I found to be pretty looking, but also pretty tasteless and bland. I think my firend that had the "Wolf Fish" special liked his meal more. We had the Creme Brulee for desert, and while good, has a less than firm consistency - if unmolded and served on a plate instead of the ceramic dish - would have run. We had coffee.

The bill, without any appetizers, salads or alcoholic bevarages was $70.00.

I would not go there again as their are many other fine restaurants in the area where you can get a much better meal and dining experience for the money.

Syracuse, New York
“bang-bang”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice atmosphere, great fish dishes and drinks. Must try the bang-bang shrimp and beef and ginger dumplings. Key pie is very good too.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“First time at a Bonefish”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a very good meal at Bonefish with some downsides. We had the bang bang shrimp for an appetizer and it was amazingly good! I then ordered the Sirlion and Crab cakes for dinner. My steak was no cooked to order and wasn't the best but I deserve that for ordering steak at a seafood restaurant. Now the crab cake was the best I have ever had! Super good and wish I had more. If you ever go to any Bonefish get the bang bang shrimp and the crab cakes for sure!! I only rated it a 3 because service was a little slow. We got the bang bang shrimp before our parents got their side salad! Also waiter did not check on table frequently.

Pittsford, New York
“Yummy food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

So I am not a seafood eater and was reluctant to try it. Glad I did as the food was awesome. Steak melts in my mouth. Love the garlic mashed potatoes. Service has always been above and beyond.

• Visited April 2013
Rochester, New York
“I go here often.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place has really good food. I love the warm bread and dipping oil that comes with every meal. Service is always good.

Visited January 2013