“Exceeded expectations and beyond!”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 13, 2012

After recently relocating to the area from outside NYC, we were in search for a place for some good seafood. I prematurely judged this place as a "chain" and expected frozen fish with boring sauces, however, I was blown away. The fish was extremely fresh and had the taste of the wood burning oven! I was told by the waitress the fish is filleted fresh everyday. I ordered the Grouper, my wife had the Salmon and my mother the Pork Chop. All three dishes were superbly cooked, boasting great favors. You would expect the seasonal side vegetable to be broccoli or carrots, but it was a fabulous medley of roasted corn, edamame, and red pepper. Delicious! In addition to the outstanding food, our waitress (Monique) was extremely knowledgable about the menu, ingredients, and food prep as well as being a lot of fun. In case you thought it couldn't get any better, the atmosphere and decor are very trendy, with a great bar area. Not cheesy TGIF type feel. Great date place or family dinner. We will definitely be back and will be asking for Monique! This place is NOT your typical chain restaurant.

3  Thank rossij22

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great food; they even have a special gluten-free menu which my husband who has Celiac's appreciates!

1  Thank gomim
Reviewed August 5, 2012

It was a Tuesday evening and very busy it took about 15 min. to get in. Our server Anthony was very good to us. We ordered an incredible appetizer that included scallaps in a creamy sauce with warm bread for dunking. I ordered a stuff tllapia fish dish and my husband ordered the chop fontina. Really tasty. No complaints at all.

1  Thank cat64_8
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Rochester is really not the place for fine cuisine unless "fine" to you means $50 rib eyes at Max's or Peter Geyer's. (yum!) Bonefish Grill is a typical chain with a typical chain issues. Mainly, it's inconsistent. That's why it gets "AVERAGE" from me. I've had an equal number of good experiences here as I've had bad ones. The service is spotty, although consistently pretentious. Come on, this is Rochester, NY. People's ideas of "dressing up" is wearing jeans that they had worn only 7 times after the last wash instead of the usual 15. I'm not knocking Rochester, I love it. But, pretentiousness in a medium priced chain restaurant is just unnecessary, and if you're going to be like that, at least back it up with excellent service and food!

Our party of 5 yesterday was hugely disappointed. 15 minutes between bringing out drinks and taking our order. 45 minutes between bringing our order and bringing our entrees. As a "consolation" for the kitchen being slow - a nice touch - they offered complimentary corn chowder, which *was* actually very good chowder. However they only brought 3 bowls for 5 people. Really? Really.

The food? The sirloin steak was cooked medium and it was still "unchewable." I've had better steak at Applebee's. The burgers were all right, and the other 2 dishes were acceptable.

It was just ... blah...

To be fair, I am not against chain restaurants. Cheesecake Factory in Pittsford Plaza - albeit very slow service as well - has not ever disappointed me! But, I won't be back at Bonefish for a while.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I really don't want to say anything bad about my experience eating at the Bonefish grill in Victor, NY because so much about it was excellent.

First the good part. My GF and I arrived without reservations about 7:00 PM knowing fully well we were going to have to wait and that was okay. We were told it would be about an hour and that was okay too. So we went to bar where were waited on by no less than three bartenders. They went so far as to write their names on a piece of paper so that we could speak to them by name. Excellent gesture.

Our table wait was only forty minutes which pleased us. We were given a huge booth in a quiet corner of the restaurant. Our server was a young lady who was extremely friendly and attentive. We decided to order the specials she told us about and for which she made some very high recommendations that we should try.

I must add at this point that during the wait for our dinner there was a mistake on our drink order. Our drinks were replaced and they were given to us as no-charge. Again an excellent gesture.

Based on our servers recommendation I order the Chiliean Sea Bass, but I ordered a small portion. I felt a large portion at $28 was a bit too much to pay. My GF ordered the Talipia also based on the recommendation of our server. Our meals were outstandingly good. I kept saying how good the dinner was all through the course.

Truly our meals and the experience of eating were perfect.

Now the difficult part. Later that evening when I got home I examined the receipt for our dinner. Whip me, beat me, I should look at these things while at dinner, but I guess I'm too trusting and I feel it is offensive to scrutinzed a bill at the table. The bill should me that I ordered the Small Chilean Sea Bass but I was billed the $28 for the large bass. A six dollar difference is not that big a deal especially when the we received a round of drinks for free. Well sort of when you think about the error.

So I feel a bit offended by this. I should take the blame myself and next time I will be more carefull.

Would I go back to the Bonefish Grill. Oh you bet I will. The dinner and everything else was just too good.