“Sometimes local charm ruins a good meal.”

Finn's Tap Room and Party House
Ranked #22 of 94 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The food was good but the server was so fast she didn't wait to hear the answer to the industry forbidden question "is everything okay?". She almost ran away from the table as the last syllable came out of her mouth....every time!
We would have had dessert, coffee, another guinness perhaps if she had just waited for us to answer....too bad cause the food was good....better than expected. In fact my review is the opposite of most reviews on this place.
I will say everything was fast...too fast....almost like we were in a rush or being rushed. I would be willing to give this place another try though.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Over the years, there have been different folks running the place ~ I get there once or twice annually, and I'm noticing a decline in the quality of the food, while the prices are going up (yes, I understand inflation, but $8.99 for an order of sweet potato fries? Either it's so gigantic you'll never finish it, or they come on top of a sirloin...) I had the portabella wrap, with a coleslaw side, and my friend ordered the blackened chicken salad - both just under $10. Her salad was made with iceberg lettuce... aside from low-end diners, who uses that anymore? The wrap was tasty, but not what I'd call a generous portion (I usually take half my food home, but THIS was small..) and the coleslaw had a weird taste initially.
On the plus side, our bartender was friendly and attentive, and the beer selection is great ~ lots of choices including local breweries (Rohrbach and Naked Dove). Better to stop by for a cocktail, but I can't say the food was anything to write home about.

2  Thank keerasel
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not bad but I dont look foward to coming here. Apparently a "double" and a "tall" mixed beverage are not the same. Spent a lot of time waiting for the server to be done talking before actually seeing if we needed anything. Not impressed

1  Thank hmummert001
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was average at best. It's suppose to be an Irish Pub but not one Irish item on the menu. Took out a lot of seating for bands to play but the rest of the seating is soooo close you get blown away. I won't be visiting again.

2  Thank Siobhan V
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good local restaurant. Reasonable prices and good food. Great place to meet friends and have drinks and or dinner. We had a group of 13 and the service was very good.