“Every Friday night”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We like the atmosphere here and the food. We actually stop almost every Friday night for snacks and a few beers. It is the kind of place you can go and bump into friends and just have fun talking. The owner and staff are great - we don't even have to order our drinks come out right after we enter. It is a feeling of being home or with friends that brings us back. We do eat dinner here as well from time to time and the menu is good.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Husband and I had dinner here and not our first time. I had ordered the pork and he ordered a chicken dish. When my food was served I noticed how thin the pork loin slices were and how overcooked . Once the waitress stopped by I told her it was overcooked and she offered to replace the meal. I didn't want to wait another 15 min or so for my meal so I said don't worry about it. Right after she left the manager came by to talk about my dinner and comped our drinks instead since I didn't want to replace the meal. So kudos for great service and the manager but you need a new chef!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

To be fair: This restaurant is a busy place and appears to attract a loyal local clientele. People have different tastes and different priorities. If food quality is not as important to you as are big portions, and if your concept of atmosphere includes multiple TVs tuned in to sporting events not only in the bar area, but in the dining room, as well, hey, this is your home away from home. If food and flavor matter, however, go elsewhere (or, if you're taken there by friends, order a burger, the safest bet). I had the "Chicken Victor," a house specialty. It was wretched--made me swear to myself never to mock chain restaurants again. Sounded good: sliced chicken breast with artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, olvies and feta over penne. What came out was goo over overcooked pasta in a cloyingly sweet sauce. Inedible. My wife had a steak salad. Steak was of poor quality and, again, glazed with a sweet sauce that was pure yuck (sweet sauces seem to be the kitchen's general approach to food)...and the dreary iceberg lettuce was straight from the 1960s. This is the kind of place where guys keep their baseball caps on at the dinner table and watch the game while ignoring their wives. For some folks, that's comfortable and homey. For us, it's a red flag. But elderly relatives wanted to go there (close to their home) and they were happy with their food. So...if it's just a social occasion, fine. But if you want good food, go elsewhere. Even though we avoid chain restaurants, any of the chains on the Victor strip would have delivered better food...and we passed an interesting-looking little Indian restaurant at the edge of town--made us long for actual flavor.

1  Thank Ralph1952
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Sports nuts love this place. TV's everywhere in the bar area. Good bar food. Seafood soups are not great. Average fish fry. Very good burgers.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Mickey Finn's is an excellent casual dining restaurant on the edge of Victor, NY. Although ownership has changed the original chef is still at work. Mickey's has a good range of draft beers including several craft brews. Tables and booths are available in two rooms, one with TVs, one without. Lunch and dinner menus offer a wide choice at reasonable prices, the burgers are particularly good as are the soups. Waitresses are friendly and efficient. Golfers can look forward to a free beer or glass of wine with a meal.

1  Thank TonyMMM