“Food was Good... Not so good service.”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #16 of 93 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had called earlier in the day to make reservations for our volleyball team and families. We were told that they would set up a whole room for us. When we arrived, they almost sat us in another reservation's area that had booked for much less people than us. Then, they informed us that they were not ready for us... no room set aside, no tables. They did finally set us up in two separate areas. My daughter was still waiting for her food long after all her team mates were done. I had ordered a drink which I finally had to have someone else bring as our servers never did. In fairness, one of our servers were new. BUT, with such a large group (close to 30), they might have been wise to use their experienced staff and not overwhelm the new girl. We have always loved Chili's and this was the first time that the service was less than good. Will definitely give this one another chance as I am hoping it was not the norm.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Went for lunch but later than the typical noon lunch hour. The waitress introduced herself and said she and another waiter would be waiting on us. She asked us what we wanted to drink and said she would be right back to take our order. She then proceeded to another table, then to the kitchen to bring out their order, then ran for things they wanted with their meal, then came over with our drinks. She took our orders and left. Our drinks were finished before the food arrived and the guy that was supposed to be helping her, was spending his time flirting at the next table where some young ladies were. Finally when the food came out, we were able to get the waitress to refill our drinks. The food was delicious but I asked for medium and got well done. It took so long that I wasn't about to send it back. Again we needed refill on our waters and couldn't get either our waitress' attention nor the guy who went to every table except for ours and then spent more time flirting with the girls at the next table. Getting our check was also like pulling teeth. If management paid more attention to customer service, it would be one of my favorite places to eat lunch as I work in the area.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were seated as soon as we came in. We were not prepared to order as quickly as they were to take our order. The we did not see our server for a while. Once we did place our order it did not take long to come out. It was not hard to make a change to a menu item to my preference. The server kept the refills on our drinks coming. The restaurant was very convenient to the Homestead Suites next door.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The food just wasn't very good and the waiter was nonexistent. We waited a while to get seated and had no service. We actually only gave 10% to our waiter and another 10% to the waiter who helped us out.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I can't eat spicy food... so what was I doing at a Chili's?? It was available and we were hungry - and I was very pleasantly surprised. I had the Marguerita grilled chicken and it was great - not spicy at all, but flavored nicely. My husband had the chili-mango tilapia and he was also very happy with it. Service here was great (our server had good advice for me about non-spicy options) and, taking advantage of the $20 "dinner for 2" deal we felt we had a bargain price and very positive experience. Definitely made me want to try it again!