“Totally different experience!:)”

The Soup Spoon
Cuisines: Cambodian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Welcome to The Soup Spoon, where we are so much more than your average bowl of soup! Here, we specialize in what we like to call Cambodian comfort food, and while very similar to Thai and Vietnamese cuisine, our dishes are very unique. The majority of our dishes are family recipes that have come straight from Cambodia, and how we prepare and serve our food here is just how our family enjoys it at home. It is our sincerest hope that you enjoy it just as much as we do! We pride ourselves on meticulously making every batch of soup, sandwich, and spring roll, and our main goal is to provide you with an amazing experience combined with a unique array of menu options and flavors. To achieve this, we have partnered with other local businesses to ensure outstanding quality and support of our local economy. We thank you for your patronage, and look forward to sharing a taste of Cambodia with you!
Reviewed August 1, 2013

It's place is excellent. I've never had anything like it. You get a basic soup and get to add items that you want to change the flavor. The ginger chicken was also spectacular!

1  Thank Misspickyeater

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Something new to try in Victor. Pretty easy to find, convenient parking and a concise , flavorful menu. We have been ther for lunch and early dinner, and came away very satisfied each time. The pho and curry soups were flavorful and filling, as were the teas and spring rolls. Well surely go back for this healthy fare!

1  Thank DonB100
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The inside of the restaurant looks modern and clean. It seems like "starkness" is a requirement for most Vietnamese restaurants I have visited and The Soup Spoon breaks that mold with leather chairs, a flat screen TV and high chairs and tables.

The menu is pretty straightforward, a nice selection of teas, pho and num pang (bhan mi). And when I visited, I had all three : Jasmine green tea, Pho w/ meatballs and pork num pang. All three were excellent. I especially liked the pho...with a dash of Sriracha, there was a perfect blend of pepper, hot and broth flavoring.

Reasonably priced, nice decor and great food. I'll will return soon to what I think is a contender for the best Vietnamese in the Rochester area.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Soup Spoon is almost invisible, unless you know it is there. "Underground" on the corner of Maple and Main. The owners are, I believe, Cambodia, and really care about the quality of the food they serve.
I often get their Pho which is almost as good as the Pho at SEA on Monroe in Rochester.
The spring rolls and 'subs' are quite unique and very healthy.

I too wish they had a bit more variety, but.. quality over quantity. Nice relaxed, quiet little cafe..
Eat in or take out.

1  Thank Fritz M
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch. My husband had the pork and vegetable sandwich on a toasted roll. It
was excellent. I had the Pho ...a delicate beef broth which you can add beef, chicken or shrimp. They bring a platter of sprouts, green onion, and cilantro to add to your soup. The soup was served with rice noodles and came to table steaming hot.
The table next to us ordered the chicken curry soup which smelled so good that we ordered it "to
go" and will have it for dinner tomorrow.
The staff was very helpful. We will be back!
C&G Robinson