“Clean, quiet & friendly”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our family (9 total) just stayed at Microtel. It was nice, clean, with a friendly staff. The beds in our rooms were very comfortable. If we ever get the chance to visit NY again, we'd look in to staying here again. Not too far from the LDS church history sites in Palmyra, Chili's next door.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth B

Reviewed June 19, 2013

good deal on hotel near highway. Breakfast sparse, continental. Close to Eastview mall. 15 min to Rochester.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

When we arrived, they had our reservation wrong- for Saturday and Sunday instead of Friday and Saturday. they were willing to change it, but unwilling to give us the same rate for Friday night that we had originally been quoted. It was late, we were tired, and I just didn't feel like fighting with them.
The heater/AC fan motor in the room was extremely loud, so despite it being cool outside, we just turned it off- too loud for sleep. Then at 6am in the morning, while I was in the bathroom, the toilet flooded and overflowed. I sent my 19 year old daughter quickly to the front desk to get help- she came back, said she could find no one. I had jumped into the tub to avoid the sewage water that was continuing to flood from the toilet, now going out under the door and onto the rug.
So, I reached out of the tub and threw every towel I could find on the floor, waded into the water, flowing with human excrement and old toilet paper, found the shutoff valve to the toilet, and turned the water off myself. I hopped back into the shower to clean the filth from my feet, hop schotched into the room, dressed, and went to the front desk myself. With a little effort, I finally found the clerk and a "maintenance man" and told them of our problem. Her response was "What do you want me to do about it?- I don't know anything about toilets. I can give you a plunger."
I told her I was NOT plunging he toilet for her, and we were checking out anyways. I told her that the floor was flooded with water, and the rug was soaked. I told her that I didn't feel that I should have to pay for a room with a plugged toilet that left old toilet paper and feces running across my feet, that I had to turn off and clean up myself ( I had wiped up all the toilet paper and feces and put it in the trash before coming to the front desk- as I didn't want myself or my daughter stepping in it any more. The clerk told me she could do nothing about that and that I would have to call the manager, who didn't come until 7am.
So I took the manager's card- her name was Sarah Ashley, and tried to called her and leave a message, but her mailbox was full and not accepting messages, so I also left a written note at the front desk explaining the problem and asking her to call me on my cell phone. when she did not call me back , I again called the hotel on Saturday morning, finally reaching the "manager". Her rude response was "Oh, things like that happen- I'll give you 10% off.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Reviewed June 17, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Checked in around 10pm, staff was very friendly and quick to get us a room for a nights rest. Checked in with no reservation in under 10 minutes, up to our room in 15. The room & hotel are very clean, comfy. Check out of 1200 noon is outstanding!!! Thank you

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Comfort Inn & Suites Farmington - Victor
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Finger Lakes Hotel
Finger Lakes Hotel
#3 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!