Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Victor
SYRACUSE
“Bed Bugs”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I woke in the morning to have swollen eyes. Later in day my legs itched and found bites. Called hotel to tell them they should look at my room. Employee was rude and told me to call back tomorrow to make a complaint to manager. I wasn't making a complaint. I thought the staff would like to know and check the room. But after the way the employee treated me and said, The room is occupied and no one has complained yet. I will never stay there again, and everyone has been asking how my trip was to visit my daughter at college, and I've told them all about my hotel experience. I would not refer this hotel to anyone as their staff doesn't know how to be customer friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel does routine preventative maintenance to avoid these issues. These concerns are a worldwide epidemic.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
VERONA
Reviewed September 30, 2012

easy off and on to the thuway. Hall carpets need to be replaced worn but not dirty. Older Micro Tel but has been maintained through the years.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

CINCINNATI
Reviewed September 29, 2012

There was hair behind the open bathroom door. When the door was closed it was visible. There were 2 hairs in the bed. It made me wonder if the sheets had been changed.

At 12:30 a.m., a party checked in a few doors away. They were very loud, and went on with their boisterous conversation for 5 or 10 minutes. They were probably drunk. I did not call the front desk because I keppt thinking it would soon be over.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

MONTROSE
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel was so so. When we checked in the lady didn't tell us we wouldn't be able to get points for our stay as she took down our Wyndham Rewards number. As far as our room, the rug was filthy and the airconditioner had a stinky odor. The bed was okay. There was no coffee maker. We ran out of toilet paper and tissues. Had to get more. They said there was some fruit and coffee available throughout the day and night. The apples were starting to shrivel and the oranges were almost rotted. One had mold on it. We told the receptionist about it and she said maybe they didn't get to check them that day. They were that way for our entire stay. The continental breakfast wasn't that great either. There was a selection of dry cereal, oatmeal (You had to get water from the faucet, chlorine loaded water, put it in a coffee cup that you had to hunt for in the cabinets, then put it in the microwave to make the oatmeal. Pastry, bagels and english muffins left little to be desired, didn't feel fresh. Juice was watered down. When we checked out we were told we couldn't get any Wyndaham Rewards nor could we get a receipt. We asked for a number to contact Wyndham Customer Service and they told us to call 1-800-Wyndharesorts. You know that not right. We told them most phone #'s are 10 digit. The lady coped an attitude. Not very friendly people. After continuing to try to get a number she finally gave us a brochure with an 800# on it. We will probably stay at the nearby Best Western or other hotel next time we need a hotel in Victor, NY. Certainly woun't be he Microtel. Probably won't ever stay at another Microtel in the future. Wyndaham has lowered their standards.

1 Thank D M
DELMAR
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Convenient location, very clean accommodations and quiet hotel. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

TORONTO
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room was full of dust, on counter tops, it was plainly visible. The bed was very uncomfortable. Location is great, right off highway, plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Vermont
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Long day of travelling. Arrive at hotel with my daughter and friend. Friend needs his own room. Made reservation a few hours earlier direct with hotel. Hotel mistakenly puts my reservation number on friend and deletes my reservation altogether. When I arrive, they argue with me that I didn't make the reservation or I cancelled it. I had to print off the reservation (they wouldn't look at screen) and show them that I did have a reservation. They continued to say that I didn't and that they were going to help me "anyway". It was AWFUL. Then they tried to upcharge me and then they tried to put the reservation on my friend's card instead of mine. It was inept and my friend, daughter and I were badly treated.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington
Finger Lakes Hotel
Finger Lakes Hotel
#3 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!