“I would stay again”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Lewiston, New York
“I would stay again”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed one night and found this hotel very nice. The room was spotless. The continental breakfast was fine. The front desk personnel were very personable. All in all we found the hotel to be quite nice and comfortable. We would stay again...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to having you stay with us when in the area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had never stayed at a Microtel before, and the name forewarned me that the rooms would be small. True. But my room was cleverly designed, to give it a fun feel. I really enjoyed it, and it was impeccably clean.
An excellent service was free phone calls to continental USA.
The free continental breakfast was first class.
I especially enjoyed the help of the front desk staff in describing the local eating options to me. Both the Chicago Steakhouse and the Longhorn Steakhouse were good choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
It is so important to hear guest feedback. Responses like yours help us grow and pass on the positive review to our staff. Thank you.
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I've stayed at this location once a year for the past 3-4 years, mainly as a place to crash between shopping. The location is fantastic, right off the highway, and very close to Eastview mall. It is also about a 45minute drive from the Waterloo Outlets, which is reasonable. The place is clean, I've never had an issue with bedbugs, however keep in mind that you get what you pay for. The hotel is a little more run down than others, but if all you're looking for is a place to shower and sleep, you cannot beat this price. I usually book through Priceline or Expedia, and pay somewhere between 50-70 for a single queen, or 90-100 for two queen beds. I must say that the complimentary breakfast has gone downhill, but it's just that, complimentary. Given what you pay to stay here, hold your complaints and go across the street to either Denny's, Burger King or Wendy's. The hotel is safe, secure and staff are polite as always. Be sure to have them add your stay to your Wyndham rewards, if you have one!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again when in the area!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a well run hotel, at a very reasonable price. Rooms are small but well designed. A small breakfast is included in the price. There are several doors to enter with your room keys so easy to park close to your room with out having to walk a long way with your bags.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was worried about the quality of Microtel. I hadn't stayed in one in years, and the ones I have seen looked a bit shabby. But, this was the only place in the area with rooms still available late in the evening coming off the NY Turnpike near Rochester.

Lucky me, last of the two rooms available. This one greeted me with a musty smell, and later when I stepped into squishy wet carpet by the air conditioning unit, I found its source. Other funky stuff like long hairs of previous guests on the bed and a not well scrubbed bathtub. Paper-thin walls, too (you can hear the showers of the guests next door).

No chance in getting another room late at night in a full hotel, but the front desk was completely unresponsive when they asked how was my stay and I told them how bad the experience was. This will be the last time I'll give Microtel a chance.

Room Tip: Make reservations early!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank iowatraveler421
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were the smallest motel rooms I've ever encontered. After one nights stay my PJs had that "motel room smell" when I got home the next night, if this bothers you you best look for another motel. Rooms, although small, were clean and functional, staff were friendly, breakfast was adequate and staffed by a friendly male senior citizen. Price was the determining factor in choosing this motel. Motel fitted our needs for a one night stay, we came in late (10 pm) and left at 8 am the next morning.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Plainville, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very nice, clean hotel for a budget price. Professional staff, nice lobby, decent cold continental breakfast that was kept stocked. Room was decent size and inviting. Only downside - all the double queen rooms are a stone's throw from I-90, and the interstate noise was very noticeable. They put us in the lower level, which is slightly downhill from the interstate; I don't know how much difference that made. We have stayed in this Microtel several times over the last five years and we have always been happy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington
No photo provided
Royal Inn Victor
#6 of 6 in Victor

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!