“Clean, Friendly and Comfortable”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Albany, NY
“Clean, Friendly and Comfortable”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This motel is simple, but it is a great value compared to other slightly nicer but much more expensive hotels in the area. I stayed for 2 nights in the second floor "suite." It was spotless, bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows, wireless connection was easy and strong, completely quiet except for highway noise, decent lighting, and loved the window seats! Breakfast was adequate, and the breakfast staff was very accommodating and quick to help. The heat/AC was easy to change and control, which is rare in many motels.

The decor is plain, but at this price, who cares? The hotel brochure claimed that each room had an iron and ironing board, but I did not. I'm sure the staff would have gotten me one if I had asked. I booked the suite because I knew I would be doing a lot of work in the room, and it was great. The desk was ample with good lighting, and the password protected wireless worked great. The suite is not a true suite - there is no door between the bedroom and rest of the room, so it would not work well if you wanted to have a meeting in your room.

There was a microwave, refrigerator and sink, but no dishes or pans, dish rack, detergent, etc. The lighting was fine, but there were no small bedside lamps, which meant I had to get up or stretch to the light switch when ready for bed.

There is no signage when you get to the end of the highway ramp, and the hotel itself is hidden behind a Chili's and Holiday Inn.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were attending a wedding in Pittsford and decided to stay in Victor because of the close proximity to the reception. Yes, the rooms are on the small side, however we were aware of this having stayed in other Microtels in our travels. This hotel goes out of there way to make you feel comfortable. The room itself was spotless, as was the front lobby and hallways. The front desk staff was extremely friendly, they even called our room 10 minutes after check in to see if there was anything we needed. The beds were extremely comfortable. They do provide a continental breakfast which was adequate to get us going and on the road. We lost the key to the safe on Saturday evening and maintenance had to open it for us. We were charged $35 for the lost key at checkout. However, the key was found by our friends in their parking lot and I called the hotel inquiring about a refund. The manager Tom Barch called me the next day and there was no problem whatsoever in our friend returning the key for us and receiving a refund for the charge. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay and I would not hesitate staying there again or recommending the hotel to anyone else. There just isn't anything to complain about. As an afterthought, this was our first trip to Victor N.Y. and it is a beautiful and scenic town, very clean and friendly with lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maggiet1946
Newtown Vic Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Although the decor for this hotel is coming up for an update, the smallish room are well cared for and well presented. Good bathroom, excellent shower but air conditioner a little noisy. We turned it off and opened the window. Nice bed for a good sleep. Breakfast okay but bread when toasted was a little like cardboard like it came out of the freezer. Porridge on offer but you can't microwave to cook it properly because they don't provide porcelain bowls. We would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway as the hotel backs onto the I90.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lionel41
toronto
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Like a chocolate that looks good on the outside but bite in and oh!. Said hotel had been renovated in 2011. Certainly exterior had been been by looks but thay must have missed our room and the old hallways carpet. I've stayed in larger cruise ship state rooms than this. Bed was rock hard and uncomfotable and hair was all over sheets and duvet. I can understd one or two from a maid but that wasn't the case here. Tiles were cracked on floor in bathroom and tub a little unkempt. Very noisy by Hwy but we expected that.
Staff were friendly and breakfast was OK. 93$incl tax certainly doesn't buy you much here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kiwikid66
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We appreciate your response. We are continuously renovating the property. We are aggressively attacking our 99 rooms with this process. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have just recently purchased all brand new HD Flat screen TV's and pillow top mattresses for the rooms. I am pleased to hear the staff made you feel welcome. This is a very positive reflection of how we treat people as they are staying at their home away from home. Thank you again for your feedback.
Rhode Island
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had to a chance to book this property in preparation for an overnight (just two nights ago) stay prior to my daughter's graduation from SUNY Brockport the next day (about 40 minutes away). My stay was easy, convenient, and the Microtel met my expectations in every way. I had reserved my stay with a Credit Card so when I arrived very late after a long drive, my room was reserved and waiting for me. Parking was available and well lit, and the property was quiet. My room was small but I had ample room even with a Queen-sized bed. The bathroom was clean and everything was stocked and fresh. Provided were 2 soaps, and a Shampoo/Conditioner travel size bottle. The sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. In the morning, the breakfast had muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, cereals, juices and coffee. I grabbed a couple of small oranges since I was attending a graduation breakfast later that morning. The coffee was hot, and pretty decent. My check-out was very quick. Even though, I had issues securing the AAA rate online during booking, the clerk at the desk gave me the discount. I don't expect to be in that area again, but if I did, I would stay here, and I recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you had a wonderful weekend for the Brockport graduation and we could be a special part of it! If you happen to be traveling in the area again, stop in and say hi! Enjoy your summer!
new holland
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stay in middle to low end motels all the time. The lady was rather snappy behind the counter, the price was on top side of what I thought reasonable and the next morning I go to take shower and there is a huddle of hair in the drain. On check out the clerk properly asked me if I used the safe and refunded the safe charge. Kudos to him. I've never been asked that before.

And this is a smokefree motel and they don't like trucks.

Room Tip: Rooms are rather small. Look first if you're picky.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I apologize if your check in came across as snappy. We tend to take great pride of our prices, cleanliness, and service. The hair in the tub is not of the norm. Thank you for bringing this to my/our attention. I am glad to hear that your check out was honest and efficient. We are constantly renovating, and are happy to announce the arrival of our brand new HD Flat screen TV's for the rooms. We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here one night while visiting our daughter in East Rochester. The location is convenient to the Interstate. This is an older property, and I would say it's showing it's age a bit (but then, so am I!). A little brightening would not hurt here, with fresh paint and carpet. However, I must emphasize that the hotel was clean and quiet. There's a huge Planet Fitness next door. It's perfect for a short stay. We will be here again later this year, so that's the best recommendation we can give!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to rate us! Your feedback is very important to us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington
No photo provided
Royal Inn Victor
#6 of 6 in Victor

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!