“Good value for your money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Newtown Vic Australia
“Good value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Although the decor for this hotel is coming up for an update, the smallish room are well cared for and well presented. Good bathroom, excellent shower but air conditioner a little noisy. We turned it off and opened the window. Nice bed for a good sleep. Breakfast okay but bread when toasted was a little like cardboard like it came out of the freezer. Porridge on offer but you can't microwave to cook it properly because they don't provide porcelain bowls. We would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway as the hotel backs onto the I90.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lionel41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Like a chocolate that looks good on the outside but bite in and oh!. Said hotel had been renovated in 2011. Certainly exterior had been been by looks but thay must have missed our room and the old hallways carpet. I've stayed in larger cruise ship state rooms than this. Bed was rock hard and uncomfotable and hair was all over sheets and duvet. I can understd one or two from a maid but that wasn't the case here. Tiles were cracked on floor in bathroom and tub a little unkempt. Very noisy by Hwy but we expected that.
Staff were friendly and breakfast was OK. 93$incl tax certainly doesn't buy you much here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kiwikid66
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We appreciate your response. We are continuously renovating the property. We are aggressively attacking our 99 rooms with this process. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have just recently purchased all brand new HD Flat screen TV's and pillow top mattresses for the rooms. I am pleased to hear the staff made you feel welcome. This is a very positive reflection of how we treat people as they are staying at their home away from home. Thank you again for your feedback.
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had to a chance to book this property in preparation for an overnight (just two nights ago) stay prior to my daughter's graduation from SUNY Brockport the next day (about 40 minutes away). My stay was easy, convenient, and the Microtel met my expectations in every way. I had reserved my stay with a Credit Card so when I arrived very late after a long drive, my room was reserved and waiting for me. Parking was available and well lit, and the property was quiet. My room was small but I had ample room even with a Queen-sized bed. The bathroom was clean and everything was stocked and fresh. Provided were 2 soaps, and a Shampoo/Conditioner travel size bottle. The sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. In the morning, the breakfast had muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, cereals, juices and coffee. I grabbed a couple of small oranges since I was attending a graduation breakfast later that morning. The coffee was hot, and pretty decent. My check-out was very quick. Even though, I had issues securing the AAA rate online during booking, the clerk at the desk gave me the discount. I don't expect to be in that area again, but if I did, I would stay here, and I recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled that you had a wonderful weekend for the Brockport graduation and we could be a special part of it! If you happen to be traveling in the area again, stop in and say hi! Enjoy your summer!
new holland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stay in middle to low end motels all the time. The lady was rather snappy behind the counter, the price was on top side of what I thought reasonable and the next morning I go to take shower and there is a huddle of hair in the drain. On check out the clerk properly asked me if I used the safe and refunded the safe charge. Kudos to him. I've never been asked that before.

And this is a smokefree motel and they don't like trucks.

Room Tip: Rooms are rather small. Look first if you're picky.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. I apologize if your check in came across as snappy. We tend to take great pride of our prices, cleanliness, and service. The hair in the tub is not of the norm. Thank you for bringing this to my/our attention. I am glad to hear that your check out was honest and efficient. We are constantly renovating, and are happy to announce the arrival of our brand new HD Flat screen TV's for the rooms. We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here one night while visiting our daughter in East Rochester. The location is convenient to the Interstate. This is an older property, and I would say it's showing it's age a bit (but then, so am I!). A little brightening would not hurt here, with fresh paint and carpet. However, I must emphasize that the hotel was clean and quiet. There's a huge Planet Fitness next door. It's perfect for a short stay. We will be here again later this year, so that's the best recommendation we can give!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to rate us! Your feedback is very important to us!
Clifton Park NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

My expectations were low for the price but I was extremely satisfied. It was Clean freshly decorated, quiet, nice linens, comfortable bed and the staff was very helpful, outgoing and friendly. Breakfast was not extravagant but it was plenty to choose from. I will stay here again when I go to visit Nazareth college and RIT. I gave an ecellent rating because for this category they deserve it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LindseyWinter
Bradford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Profile: mid-40s couple in area for wedding.

My husband and I planned to stay in a more upscale hotel but didn't make a reservation early enough and elected to stay at the Microtel as many of our group attending the wedding had booked here and they had rooms available.

Considering the other hotel was $158 and this hotel was $55, I considered the hotel to be a very good deal. The hotel was clean. The room was fine - perhaps a tad small (which was expected considering the name) but we were pleased with the service, room, and value.

It was close to a nearby (large) mall as well that made it convenient.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Magabi
microtel28233, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for the feedback on your most recent stay! It is so important that we hear back from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victor Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington
No photo provided
Royal Inn Victor
#6 of 6 in Victor

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester? Share your experiences!