“Great lunch at a very cool bar”

Thirsty Turtle Sports Bar
Ranked #14 of 89 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, New York
1,916 restaurant reviews
“Great lunch at a very cool bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I ate lunch here today, which was my first-ever visit to this bar. Actually, it had been a restaurant about ten years ago, ("The Blacksmith"), and I'd eaten there, but not since it's conversion to the bar. I was really, really impressed by this place in its current format. The bar room is far more popular than the inside restaurant during the day, with a fair number of folks stopping in for a beer and a sandwich.

My lunch was a Buffalo chicken wrap, which was extremely good. Perfectly fried (lightly) chicken, with lettuce and tomato and a few other things all wrapped up with some delicious wing sauce. It was really good! Even the cole slaw was perfect...and I love cole slaw.

One small thing to look out for...IF you bring your small children in there. On the bar is a large game screen that is provided by Penthouse, so you cam imagine that the game is a bit "provocative," so you might want to sit in the dining room with your kids.

All in all, this was a great visit to a really good bar....oh, and the service was wonderful too. I highly recommend it!

• Visited September 2013

Saratoga Springs, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have eaten in many bars/pubs, and some are better than others. I was not impressed with this one. It had a good atmosphere but the food was below average. This is the place to go if you just want a couple drinks.

• Visited August 2013
Colton, New York
“Great Sports Bar & Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

we stopped here on a Thursday night and the place was quite busy; good beer prices (ex. $6 pitchers); the four of us all ordered different meals and we were all very satisfied with them; their homemade Turtle Chips were good;waitresses were good eye-candy at this sports bar.

Visited August 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and, keno”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Disliked a keno game I Checked off $5.00 for 5 games and I wanted $1 for 5 games
The waitress said she could not cancel

Visited June 2013
Macedon, New York
“Nice enviornment with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have frequented the turtle about 5 times in the past and have always enjoyed the experience.
On one occasion I held my son's bachelor party there and it was fantastic. The staff was most accomdating with substituting offerings on their "catering" menu. The absolute hit of that evening were the wings. They were plump and prepared just the way I like them, crispy.
I've had their burgers in the past and they are great as well.
The prices are good and the atmosphere is inviting. Last I was there they had pool tables and a dart machine.

• Visited April 2012