“Cold air, good food.”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2012

It is very cold in there until your cook comes out and turns on the griddle. The food is very good, and if you don't want saki or water or food sprayed on you, just ask and they won't. Fried rice is the best.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

We just keep going back to Umi.... at first it was just their food that kept us coming back. When they first opened their service was lacking, but now they have good help, great hibachi chefs and STILL have amazing food! This trip we were with our friend who had to order a gluten free meal, and they made her a customized Gluten Free Sushi plate! They have stepped it up in all areas! Mind you it is not a place to go for a quick bite (at least if you are doing the hibachi table), it is a meal and entertainment! Get ready to catch some rice balls in your mouth and to have sake squirted in your mouth.... It's a good time, have fun with it! I can’t wait to go back!

1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Tired of sitting in dives in small towns for so-so sushi? This sushi place is like stepping into one in a major city - great sushi, selection, and atmosphere. The decor and presentation of the sushi is beautiful, the selection is vast especially the selection of sake (cold and hot). I love the Zipang sparkling cold sake which is hard to find out here. Make a reservation if you're a large party or do not want to wait; however, the bar area is decorated super cool and modern if you do have to wait or if you want to hang out. I go there mostly for the sushi though they do offer hibatchi as well. I dont think hibatchi food is all that special, its more about the experience and personality of the chef you get and the couple times I've had hibatchi here its been fun but personally I love sushi much more so my commentary is geared more toward the sushi. Love the Godzilla and Baja rolls but all of their specialty rolls do not disappoint. They have great lunch roll specials too.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I love the setting. the sushi is so fresh! and the staff is great. The hibachi and presentation of the food is superb. What an excellent restaurant. This place is reasonable and puts other hibachi restaurants to shame. I cant wait to eat here again :)

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I love Japanese food, but this bento box lunch could have been prepared by a 10 year old. I was very disappointed with the quality and taste of my meal. It was a grade lower than the so called sushi that they sell at BJ's Wholesale Club. I have had better food in hospital cafeterias. Over priced processed food!!! This restaurant will drive away customers and will eventually go out of business. Eat there at your own risk !!!

1  Thank KennyBatt