“This place is a farce”

Lucca Wood-Fire Bistro
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Victor
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I stopped here for dinner on our way home based on the high reviews it has received. We couldn't have left any more frustrated, wondering what exactly people see in this place.

When you arrive a Lucca "Wood-Fire" Bistro, you are greeted with the wonderful smell from a wood fire. There is a wonderful selection of magnum wine bottles lining the shelf at the entrance. This is where the charade ends.

None of those wonderful wines was on the list. Excuse me? Why display the bottles so prominently then? Not only was our waitress too uninformed to recommend anything similar to what we were looking for, she stated plainly the bottles displayed at the front were taken from another restaurant. Disappointing, but not the worst part of our experience.

The worst part was when my wife took our daughter to see where the pizza is made, and was dismayed to see our "wood fired" pizza being pulled out of a conventional oven next to the wood fired oven. In addition to that farce, our pizza was supposed to have prosciutto on it, but very plainly had some sort of ham that wasn't even close to prosciutto. Clearly, we didn't get what we though we paid for.

When we left, a person we can only assume was the owner asked about our experience. We were brutally honest, but the lack of professionalism he exhibited was totally uncalled for. After yelling at my wife, he asked us to leave, which we did. No worries buddy, we won't be back.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (178)

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

We had a great meal at Lucca! Located in main in quaint Victor, we sat outside on their porch facing the street on a sunny Sunday. We had a great Spinach and Artichoke dip and 1 lb of wings (11). My daughter had a Buffalo Chicken Panini, which she loved. The other 4 of us got Pizzas. The 10 inch is more than enough for one person, but not enough for two. My family ordered the Lucca and the Angelo and enjoyed them. I made my own, with sausage and mushrooms and it was terrific. We ended with two huge cannolis which were exceptional and some of the best I have ever had. The bill, which included 2 glasses of wine, came to $173, pretty pricey, but very high quality. Service was slower that I would have liked as they appeared to be understaffed. Would definitely go back.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2019

Stopped at Lucca on a weekday afternoon after 18 holes of golf. Sat on the patio to enjoy the heart of palm salad and shared the funghi & Gia pizzas. They were fantastic and the dough is light and airy.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

This small, intimate venue offers the best Pizza and other entrees you can find in Victor and the surrounding area. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. They do get busy and there is a wait at times, and unfortunately they don’t take reservations. But, it’s worth the wait. Once seated, you food comes quickly. Try the salads too - they are awesome.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We live nearby so this used to be a go to spot for our family. It’s a small indoor and outdoor restaurant in Main Street. I find their pizza tends to burn on the bottom often so we don’t eat here as often. If you are looking for decent Italian then it’s a good spot. Just wish they didn’t overlook the pizzas

Date of visit: September 2018