“Wonderful hidden hotel”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful hidden hotel”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I dropped by the Homewood unannounced one afternoon to see if we could reserve rooms for a "staycation" for two families. The hospitality manager graciously showed me three rooms and gave me a full tour! I was impressed to say the least.

We were able to book adjoining rooms, which worked perfectly for our families. The kids had a blast at the pool - which was extremely clean. A full meal was included, and while my husband and I are vegetarians and did not eat the entree that evening, we certainly enjoyed the very nice salad bar and complimentary wine. Breakfast the next morning was equally good.

Every staff member with whom we worked was friendly, polite and helpful. Kudos to all of you.

We will most certainly book a future stay at the Homewood Suites Rochester.

Room Tip: The hotel is located near a busy road. You might ask the front desk to find a room that doesn't...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Only 15 minutes from downtown Rochester, this hotel works well for convenience and accessibility. It is a great family hotel offering free breakfast and heated pool/hot tub. In addition, the hotel offers a quality fitness center and decent business center. The suites are perfect for family guests.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel staff were friendly and efficient. Room was clean, with a comfortable bed and furniture. Kitchen had everything you would need from dishes, to pots, pans and dish soap. The ac/heat was a little noisy but no more than in most hotel rooms. Pool was nice, although the hot tub didn't look very clean and there were a shortage of clean towels. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with a variety of tasty and healthy choices. Overall a very enjoyable stay with my only complaint being the slightly suspect hot tub and lack of towels in the pool area.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

10 out of 10.. If you are looking for a great get away for your family I would highly recommend Homewood Suites. Whether you are looking for the comforts of home or just a clean and quiet hotel this is the place to be.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel was great! Excellent value, friendly staff, located near the highway. We booked a couple of weeks ahead and got a great rate. We (me, my husband and two kids) enjoyed the free dinner and breakfast. The pool and hot tub were clean and well-maintained. We saw two deer outside our window. A great experience! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at this particular Homewood Suites at least 4-5 times. Great place. Clean, neat and nicely decorated. The beds are wonderful and I always get a good nights sleep. Pillows are nice and squishy too.

I was a little disappointed this time though. Upon arrival, I inquired about a different room since my son would be staying with me. They were very accommodating, and we were very appreciative.

The room was a handicap accessible room, which had two queen beds and a huge bathroom with walk-in shower. I liked that very much.

There were some items of concern with the room though. The heater cover was broken and was pieced together to attempt to fix it. There were wires hanging out below the heater as well. We also noticed that the lampshade was cracked and broken as well as the tv stand. It looked like someone had a fight in the room. One of the bed covers had a very visible red stain on it. Since it was a duvet cover, I removed it and left it for housekeeping. I don't believe it was blood, but you never know. If not, I would still hope that they would not put it back on the bed after laundering. We enjoy the pool and fitness room, but the hot tub was a little dirty because there were a lot of bubbles and they were scummy looking.

Don't get me wrong, I love this hotel! I think this was just an isolated case. I would definitely stay here again because the customer service is exceptional!

Room Tip: Bottom floor near the entryways is nice. :)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The suite was immaculate...the kitchen had a full-size refrigerator, microwave oven, stovetop, even a dishwasher! It came equipped with dishes, pots, pans, silverware, glasses, etc. The breakfast that was served in the room off of the lobby was the best I've ever had in a hotel...seriously. The location of the hotel was a bit hard to find...it is set in off the road and cannot be seen from the road....I passed by the turnoff for it once. THAT is the only drawback, honestly. It is definitely worth a stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor? Share your experiences!