“Perfect location off the beaten path”

Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Buffalo, New York
“Perfect location off the beaten path”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a 17th birthday party for my daughter. We were in town for a Rochester Amerks hockey game and to do some shopping. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was traveling with 5 teenage girls so they stopped at the front desk a couple times for items we needed.
We arrived at dinner time on a Sunday night. The girls spent the afternoon at the Eastview mall right around the corner. The full kitchen is a bonus, we made dinner right in our room. We did need a can opener and the front desk was able to help us out. The full kitchen does NOT include an oven, only a microwave and stove top, but we made microwave pizza's and veggie wraps. After dinner the girls went swimming. The pool closed at 10 which was perfect for them. After a long day they were ready to get in their pj's and relax.
The next morning we had tickets for the hockey game. Our directions listed the Blue Cross Arena as 20 minutes away. Before the game we had reservations at Dinosaur's BBQ. The close location to the mall and the short ride to the arena made this the perfect hotel.
Pros: Quiet location off the beaten path
Full refrigerator, 2 burner stove top and large microwave (with popcorn available)
Short drive to a HUGE mall, Walmart, Target, restaurants. We went to Target for some last minute items to cook dinner in our room.
Wonderful hot breakfast in the morning. Clean sitting/eating area. Staff visible and helpful. The sitting area was available in the evenings, the girls stopped down for hot tea before bed.
Nice work out room opening at 6am mostly treadmills and steppers but there was 1 reclined bike. Towels, water cooler and tissues available. Headphones available at the front desk (I did not request those)
Cons: Some of the wall paper in the hall ways was bubbling and just looked sloppy in the corners.
The kitchen needs a dish rag or sponge (I used a wash cloth from the bathroom and it ended up getting stained from wiping down counter tops).
Bring your own dishwasher detergent (I knew this from a previous stay)
The bedroom suite thermostat was touchy, we couldn't lower it below 68 so in the evening we shut it right off.

Room Tip: We had room 232 which was right by an elevator next to a back door. Perfect when bringing in luggag...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here both driving from New Hampshire to Chicago for Thanksgiving, and also on the way back.
Initially I was planning on staying at the Residence Inn (1300 Jefferson, in Rochester).
That was until I read in Trip Advisor the very scary stores ("Perilous Stay," and "Out of control hotel") about the night manager Tanya who called the police and evicted guests, even though the guests were not doing anything wrong.
The Homewood Suites is not the easiest place to find, but fortunately we had GPS.
The first stay had a couple of problems. The door card didn't work until we got replacements. One of the TV remotes would not work to get any channels. The second remote worked, and after talking with the desk discovered that some channels require using a dash "-" key. In the morning in the breakfast area I noticed a sheet showing the correct TV station codes, and recommended they put a sheet in every room. On our return trip a week later, there was a sheet.
For some reason the first stay they gave us a room on the noisy side, the one that faces the thruway even though the motel was scarcely occupied. The second time, I asked for a room not facing the highway. I got a first floor room that overlooked the back wall of the swimming pool, even though it was not crowded.
One items that is not readily obvious is that there are drapes that block anyone from seeing in.
The rooms were pleasant and very clean. The room heater /cooler was fairly near the bed, so it could blow air on one of the people sleeping. It takes some trick to get the temperature coordinated. There are two thermostats so put them both on the same temperature.
One pleasant surprise was they have a dinner "snack" Monday thru Thursday nights, til 7:00 pm.
Pretty good food, e.g. pulled pork sandwiches, with potato wedges, salad, beer and wine.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one not facing the thruway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Allancb
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was not our first stay at this Homewood Suites in Victor, New York.

We've stayed in this hotel over 15 times during the last three years and each stay we're always happy with our choice.

After a six hour drive we arrived just after 12 noon and asked if we could check in early. Marcia was working the check-in desk and told us that would not be a problem at all.

Our room was a two room suite and upon our inspection we could not find any problems. The housekeeping staff does a great job ensuring all areas of the hotel is kept clean.

Breakfast each morning is included and the staff does a great job keeping up with the guests taking full advantage of a free meal.

Overall with other nearby choices we would always return to this hotel.

Austin

Room Tip: The hotel does not have a restaurant but does provide a full breakfast bar and they put out an eveni...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Over the past year and a half, I was leading a large software implementation project local to Victor. When looking at properties early in the project the staff at Homewood took a special interest in earning our business and it became clear early in the process that this was the place to stay in the area. The management team is amazing. They are all very accomodating and they go above and beyond every day to make sure each quest has an amazing experience. The rooms are extremely comfortable and spotless each and every time. Also the food and beverage selection offered each evening is adequate and there is something for everyone. As mentioned, at times we had a large group staying at this property and the team always went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. If we needed meeting space, it was offered or anything else we needed, all we had to do is ask. This was truly one of the better properties we have used for a project. Hats off to Corey and the entire staff at Homewood!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a child-free getaway weekend to relax, dine out and plow through some early Christmas shopping. We succeeded with everything in Victor, and the Homewood Suites was a big part of our enjoyable experience. Clean, modern, spacious, well-kept rooms. Comfortable beds, clean washrooms and the kitchenette was a welcomed touch. The breakfasts were a welcomed way to start the day and were included in the price of the room. Lots of varied shopping nearby at the Eastview Mall in Victor and the outlets in Waterloo. We look forward to returning in 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and as a result a seasoned traveler. As someone who travels regularly for business, all I want is a clean room and someone who is not completely rude to me while checking in. At this hotel, I received neither. Marcia was the unpleasant hotel clerk who checked me in, which was an ordeal in and of itself. First, when I arrived at approximately 1:00PM, she acted as if she'd never see such a thing. Oh my gosh, someone who wants to check in before the designed check in time, what a shock! Whatever will I do! Um, Marcia, I do that at about 90% of the hotels I stay at, no questions asked, and more than accomodating clerks at the front desk who are willing to accomodate my request. Also, in my profile, I specifically state that I do not want to be on the first floor, I want to be on a high floor. She argued with me and assured me that it was a great room. Ok, well you stay there Marcia, and I will stay in another room. I was unhappy with the first floor room and went back to ask for a different room. She told me that the hotel was completely sold out. I said ok, well, remember I checked in early so not everyone has been given their rooms yet. (She really just didn't know how to do this and had to call someone from the back to come out.) Come on, I travel all the time, I know how these things work. The girl from the back came out and said, "What do you want?" Yes, how refreshing, yet another miserable employee. I responded, a room on a higher level. I didn't think it was rocket science. Then, I'm in the new room, and I'm laying down as I'm a bit under the weather trying to relax and I see a tiny white bug crawling across my bed. Ew. I was disgusted/ irritated/ furious and most of all hoping that there weren't any more of them and that they didn't get on my stuff or me. I immediately pack up my stuff, checked myself and my stuff, put it in my car, and reported to the front desk. The manager on site, I forget his name, after I quietly told him so that I do not alarm any other guests nearby responds to me "Well, did you tell anyone?" I'm just thinking really? No, really?! I responded to him "Yes, I'm telling you." And yet another, dumbfounded employee who wasn't kind/ decent enough to do the right thing and offer me an apology or to find me other accomodations nearby or anything for that matter. Horrible, horrible experience. I found myself, a devoted Hilton hotel traveler, at a Holiday Inn property nearby that night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank kaj28
cdooley, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate your candid review and value your standing as a Hhonors Diamond Member. I'm very sorry to hear of the terrible service you received and I have addressed this issue with our staff. As a loyal traveler you can attest to the brand standard of making each guest feel valued and welcome and I regret this was not your experience on this stay. Please know that we work closely with a professional pest control company to prevent, address and rectify any pest situation that may occur and your encounter has been passed along to them to correct. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service and quality of stay.

Corey Dooley
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This was my second stay here in exactly a year and it was even better than the first time! We have a student in Rochester that we visit, and this home away from home is the best for all of us.

The suites are very spacious with a kitchenette and living room seperate from the bedroom and bath. Most comfortable beds and pillows. I slept like a baby. The living room sofa makes into a bed for our son to sleep on. He says its better than his dorm bed!

The suites are very nicely decorated and they include all the amenities of home.

We even used the laundry facilities to wash our college sons clothing while we enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

The location is perfect. Far enough away from noise but just down the road from incredible shopping mall and a plethera of restaurants and strip malls for your shopping pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor? Share your experiences!