“Great family stay while visiting family for the holiday”

Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great family stay while visiting family for the holiday”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was not our first stay at this Homewood Suites in Victor, New York.

We've stayed in this hotel over 15 times during the last three years and each stay we're always happy with our choice.

After a six hour drive we arrived just after 12 noon and asked if we could check in early. Marcia was working the check-in desk and told us that would not be a problem at all.

Our room was a two room suite and upon our inspection we could not find any problems. The housekeeping staff does a great job ensuring all areas of the hotel is kept clean.

Breakfast each morning is included and the staff does a great job keeping up with the guests taking full advantage of a free meal.

Overall with other nearby choices we would always return to this hotel.

Austin

Room Tip: The hotel does not have a restaurant but does provide a full breakfast bar and they put out an eveni...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Over the past year and a half, I was leading a large software implementation project local to Victor. When looking at properties early in the project the staff at Homewood took a special interest in earning our business and it became clear early in the process that this was the place to stay in the area. The management team is amazing. They are all very accomodating and they go above and beyond every day to make sure each quest has an amazing experience. The rooms are extremely comfortable and spotless each and every time. Also the food and beverage selection offered each evening is adequate and there is something for everyone. As mentioned, at times we had a large group staying at this property and the team always went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. If we needed meeting space, it was offered or anything else we needed, all we had to do is ask. This was truly one of the better properties we have used for a project. Hats off to Corey and the entire staff at Homewood!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a child-free getaway weekend to relax, dine out and plow through some early Christmas shopping. We succeeded with everything in Victor, and the Homewood Suites was a big part of our enjoyable experience. Clean, modern, spacious, well-kept rooms. Comfortable beds, clean washrooms and the kitchenette was a welcomed touch. The breakfasts were a welcomed way to start the day and were included in the price of the room. Lots of varied shopping nearby at the Eastview Mall in Victor and the outlets in Waterloo. We look forward to returning in 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and as a result a seasoned traveler. As someone who travels regularly for business, all I want is a clean room and someone who is not completely rude to me while checking in. At this hotel, I received neither. Marcia was the unpleasant hotel clerk who checked me in, which was an ordeal in and of itself. First, when I arrived at approximately 1:00PM, she acted as if she'd never see such a thing. Oh my gosh, someone who wants to check in before the designed check in time, what a shock! Whatever will I do! Um, Marcia, I do that at about 90% of the hotels I stay at, no questions asked, and more than accomodating clerks at the front desk who are willing to accomodate my request. Also, in my profile, I specifically state that I do not want to be on the first floor, I want to be on a high floor. She argued with me and assured me that it was a great room. Ok, well you stay there Marcia, and I will stay in another room. I was unhappy with the first floor room and went back to ask for a different room. She told me that the hotel was completely sold out. I said ok, well, remember I checked in early so not everyone has been given their rooms yet. (She really just didn't know how to do this and had to call someone from the back to come out.) Come on, I travel all the time, I know how these things work. The girl from the back came out and said, "What do you want?" Yes, how refreshing, yet another miserable employee. I responded, a room on a higher level. I didn't think it was rocket science. Then, I'm in the new room, and I'm laying down as I'm a bit under the weather trying to relax and I see a tiny white bug crawling across my bed. Ew. I was disgusted/ irritated/ furious and most of all hoping that there weren't any more of them and that they didn't get on my stuff or me. I immediately pack up my stuff, checked myself and my stuff, put it in my car, and reported to the front desk. The manager on site, I forget his name, after I quietly told him so that I do not alarm any other guests nearby responds to me "Well, did you tell anyone?" I'm just thinking really? No, really?! I responded to him "Yes, I'm telling you." And yet another, dumbfounded employee who wasn't kind/ decent enough to do the right thing and offer me an apology or to find me other accomodations nearby or anything for that matter. Horrible, horrible experience. I found myself, a devoted Hilton hotel traveler, at a Holiday Inn property nearby that night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank kaj28
cdooley, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate your candid review and value your standing as a Hhonors Diamond Member. I'm very sorry to hear of the terrible service you received and I have addressed this issue with our staff. As a loyal traveler you can attest to the brand standard of making each guest feel valued and welcome and I regret this was not your experience on this stay. Please know that we work closely with a professional pest control company to prevent, address and rectify any pest situation that may occur and your encounter has been passed along to them to correct. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service and quality of stay.

Corey Dooley
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This was my second stay here in exactly a year and it was even better than the first time! We have a student in Rochester that we visit, and this home away from home is the best for all of us.

The suites are very spacious with a kitchenette and living room seperate from the bedroom and bath. Most comfortable beds and pillows. I slept like a baby. The living room sofa makes into a bed for our son to sleep on. He says its better than his dorm bed!

The suites are very nicely decorated and they include all the amenities of home.

We even used the laundry facilities to wash our college sons clothing while we enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

The location is perfect. Far enough away from noise but just down the road from incredible shopping mall and a plethera of restaurants and strip malls for your shopping pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Homewood Suites and will look for them again in our travels. The room is spacious, has a kitchen area, two desk-sized tables, and a great comfortable bed. We enjoyed sitting on the sofa to use laptops and handle email on the fast wi-fi service. The pool is large enough for a few laps.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Any body interested in a good place for stay and ski we will recommend this one with no problem.
Located conveniently 15 drive up to Bristol Mountains. Hotel is not to big, but very clean and the management will do anything to make your stay pleasurable. Decent size pool and a hot tub is a perfect solution for your pains after a day of skiing. Very comfortable rooms with super comfy bed. Nice breakfast and dinner Mon - Thur. makes this hotel my favor in this area.

Room Tip: Some rooms may be facing the highway but the noise is no an issue.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor? Share your experiences!