“this is a very nice place to stay”

Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Valley Stream, New York
“this is a very nice place to stay”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I don't understand the poor reviews. We've stayed at this Best Western three times over the last few months and have been very satisfied with its proximately to restaurants and malls and the cleanliness and comfort of the room and the beds. The rrom is comfortable, of good size and the carpeting and bedding are new, clean and attractive. I do't know what people expect for the price but I found the hotel to be a good value. It ain't the Waldorf, but thee's nothing wrong with the hotel. As long as it has no bedbugs, we're quite satisfied and will continue to stay over on our trips thru upper NY State.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iluvretirement

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I booked a room for a second night stay while attending my Fathers funneral. When I arrived back at the hotel my key would not work, I went down to the desk and the desk clerk ran my key. I return to my room, on entering I noticed a motorcycle helmet on the dresser and the tv was on. I quickly shut the door and returned to the front desk. Come to find out they had removed my clothing and refrigerated beverages from my room and given my room away. By this time they had no rooms available. They did check to see about another hotel close by but it was also booked. I was now left without a room after an exhausting day and had to sleep on a couch. I notifed Best Western corporate and they said they would get back to me. Well they did with a letter and a forty dollar voucher for my next stay and a promise someone would contact me about this (that was 5 weeks ago).I am not happy with the Management or the security of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
bestwesternvictorny, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western Victor Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

I am very sorry about your reason for visiting our area. Losing a parent is a very difficult thing and you have my heartfelt sympathy.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and tell us of your experiences here. Obviously these things should not have happened. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

1) The management and registration staff received additional training in being able to keep the room register up to date in such a way that rooms would not be double booked nor would a person’s personal things be removed from a room time measures and checks being put into play.

2) It is being looked into to see why you have not heard back from Best Western in an earlier time frame.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Best Western Victor Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

East Aurora
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Found Best Western Victor Inn & Suites to be a nice hotel.Had a mini suite with King bed.Also the indoor pool was very well kept.Staff was above average.Would book again.

RJM

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Erie, PA
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We opted to stay at the Best Western Victor Inn & Suites while visiting extended family in NY. We chose this hotel because it appeared to be a newer property. I wish we had stayed elsewhere. Upon arrival, the clerk let us know that we had gotten the last room. Not only that, but he had to bump other guests to other area hotels and pay more money to send them there. Not sure why he felt we should know this, but he picked up his cell phone and resumed the personal conversation he was having when we walked up, so we went to our room.

We got to our room and turned on the lights. I immediately noticed two cockroaches in the bathroom floor. The comforter on one of the beds was stained with what appeared to be bodily fluids and the room did not appear to have been thoroughly cleaned. The walls were paper thin. We could clearly hear the couple above us having a shouting match with explicatives and the TV of the guest next door to us. We heard rowdy people in the hallway ALL night long and it was impossible to fall asleep..

My favorite part was a little sign they placed on the bed that told us to preserve the environment by placing this sign on our pillows. The sign would notify housekeeping not to wash our sheets. I might have considered it if the sign didn't look like someone had wiped themself with it, and it was clear that housekeeping was working that hard anyway. I let them change my sheets.

Upon checkout, we notified a different clerk about the cockroaches. She didn't seem at all surprised and just said, "sorry" without offering any compensation for our terrible stay. I got the feeling that this must happen a lot.

This was by far one of the grossest places I have ever stayed at. Please stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tompanda
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Victor Inn & Suites during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. The reviews of our valued guests are our best way of knowing if the high standards which we expect from our employees are being upheld and therefore greatly appreciated.

Upon the receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Maintenance staff was notified about the problem with cockroaches and instructed to see to it that they are eliminated.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training as to the level of cleanliness required of them in their duties as our employees.

3) Management and registration staff received additional training concerning the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Advance, North Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Go 30; 50; 100 miles further to avoid staying in this hotel. We booked a non-smoking room at a secured rate on-line. We were given a smoking room that had a hideous smoke smell. They then charged us over the booked rate. This place committed fraud in their pricing. The front desk said they would fix this error but they have not.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Victor Inn & Suites during your recent stay in our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions have been taken:

• Management staff has been contacted about the fact that you had booked a non-smoking room and yet were given a smoking room. The difference in rate is also being looked into. Management staff and registration staff has been given additional training in being able to co-ordinate rates given on line so as to avoid these sort of things happening.

• The matter of your being over charged is being looked into.

of the northwest hills
Reviewed June 18, 2010

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the price fit the accomodations. It was on a main road, but we didn't hear the traffic at all - maybe because our room was toward the back. The room didn't have a perfume odor like so many hotels have. There were several dehumidifiers(I think) built into the walls on the first floor. I didn't notice any problem with dampness or mildew, so it may be precautionary because of the pool. It is hard to see their sign from the road - they need something larger.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank surfergirl10
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I recently stayed at the Best Western Victor Inn and Suites. I would highly recommend this hotel for those wishing to take in the Finger Lakes Region. Most places were just a short drive...take the time to take the back roads, you'll be glad you did!...As for the hotel, it was conveniently located within close proximity to a mall, the wine trail, Niagra Falls if you want to take the hour and a half ride. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford

Been to Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!