“Dirty...don't stay here”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Erie, PA
“Dirty...don't stay here”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We opted to stay at the Best Western Victor Inn & Suites while visiting extended family in NY. We chose this hotel because it appeared to be a newer property. I wish we had stayed elsewhere. Upon arrival, the clerk let us know that we had gotten the last room. Not only that, but he had to bump other guests to other area hotels and pay more money to send them there. Not sure why he felt we should know this, but he picked up his cell phone and resumed the personal conversation he was having when we walked up, so we went to our room.

We got to our room and turned on the lights. I immediately noticed two cockroaches in the bathroom floor. The comforter on one of the beds was stained with what appeared to be bodily fluids and the room did not appear to have been thoroughly cleaned. The walls were paper thin. We could clearly hear the couple above us having a shouting match with explicatives and the TV of the guest next door to us. We heard rowdy people in the hallway ALL night long and it was impossible to fall asleep..

My favorite part was a little sign they placed on the bed that told us to preserve the environment by placing this sign on our pillows. The sign would notify housekeeping not to wash our sheets. I might have considered it if the sign didn't look like someone had wiped themself with it, and it was clear that housekeeping was working that hard anyway. I let them change my sheets.

Upon checkout, we notified a different clerk about the cockroaches. She didn't seem at all surprised and just said, "sorry" without offering any compensation for our terrible stay. I got the feeling that this must happen a lot.

This was by far one of the grossest places I have ever stayed at. Please stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tompanda
bestwesternvictorny, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Victor Inn & Suites during your recent visit to our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. The reviews of our valued guests are our best way of knowing if the high standards which we expect from our employees are being upheld and therefore greatly appreciated.

Upon the receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Maintenance staff was notified about the problem with cockroaches and instructed to see to it that they are eliminated.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training as to the level of cleanliness required of them in their duties as our employees.

3) Management and registration staff received additional training concerning the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Best Western Victor Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Advance, North Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Go 30; 50; 100 miles further to avoid staying in this hotel. We booked a non-smoking room at a secured rate on-line. We were given a smoking room that had a hideous smoke smell. They then charged us over the booked rate. This place committed fraud in their pricing. The front desk said they would fix this error but they have not.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Victor Inn & Suites during your recent stay in our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions have been taken:

• Management staff has been contacted about the fact that you had booked a non-smoking room and yet were given a smoking room. The difference in rate is also being looked into. Management staff and registration staff has been given additional training in being able to co-ordinate rates given on line so as to avoid these sort of things happening.

• The matter of your being over charged is being looked into.

of the northwest hills
Reviewed June 18, 2010

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the price fit the accomodations. It was on a main road, but we didn't hear the traffic at all - maybe because our room was toward the back. The room didn't have a perfume odor like so many hotels have. There were several dehumidifiers(I think) built into the walls on the first floor. I didn't notice any problem with dampness or mildew, so it may be precautionary because of the pool. It is hard to see their sign from the road - they need something larger.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank surfergirl10
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I recently stayed at the Best Western Victor Inn and Suites. I would highly recommend this hotel for those wishing to take in the Finger Lakes Region. Most places were just a short drive...take the time to take the back roads, you'll be glad you did!...As for the hotel, it was conveniently located within close proximity to a mall, the wine trail, Niagra Falls if you want to take the hour and a half ride. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Clifton Park, NY
Reviewed February 22, 2010

During our travels, we switched reservations to this hotel the night before arrival. We chose this hotel because we would be traveling a long distance and was looking forward to a relaxing hot-tub to finish our day. I talked with the reservationist about using the pool and hot-tub and nothing was said about the hot-tub being unavailable. When we arrived on this snowy evening, we found that the hot-tub was not working. The clerk offered a whirlpool room with an upgraded price. We declined. When we arrived in our room, it was cold (63 degrees) and turned on the heat. After awhile, we called the clerk and he came to our room to "fix" the situation. He played with the heat and said he didn't really know what he was doing, but turning it to auto seemed to help someone else. He asked us to call if it wasn't better in ten minutes. In that time, the temp did go up a degree, so we thought we'd wait a little longer. After another ten minutes and the family finding their way under the covers for warmth, the temp went up another degree. We called the front desk again and we offered the solution of another room. The clerk said it was impossible since the hotel was full (tho we did not see a full parking lot in the morning...hummmm. By the way, the heat did kick in at 2 am). There were several other inconvenient issues including the bathroom, the door key and others, but we stayed because of the lateness of the day.

When checking out, the clerk didn't even offer an apology, but said she hoped the rest of our trip would be nice. Nice. Don't think we will stay there again.

On the plus side, the rooms were larger than normal and the granite counters & shower was nice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank FamTrip4
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Best Western Victor Inn & Suites at which to stay during your recent visit to our area.

I am really sorry about the unavailability of our hot tub. I hope that the person who took your registration honestly didn’t know that it was not available. I also am sorry about the problem that you experienced with the heat and other problems. I’m sure these things were unpleasant for you and your family. I am glad that you liked the size of your room and found the granite counters and the shower to be nice.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The management and registration staff received additional training in how to deal with heating the rooms properly and other issues.

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2009

When I originally booked my room I booked a room with 2 queen beds as my daughter would be traveling with my husband and I. I received a phone call the next day offering me a free upgrade to a suite. I accepted the offer. When I arrived I found out there was only 1 bed in the "suite" and my daughter was to sleep on the pull out sofa. Every other hotel I have stayed in a suite consists of more than one room. This was 1 good sized room with a desk, pull- out sofa bed and mini fridge and microwave. No suite by any stretch.
The sofa bed was so horrible that my daughter slept in our bed. Walls are paper thin and we were able to hear every trip the neighbors on both sides made to the bathroom, when anyone left their room, housekeeping when they arrived in the morning, the neighbors TV and conversations in both adjacent rooms. On a positive note the room was very clean.
The pool was small and very visible from both inside and outside the hotel. The pool room was clean and there were plenty of towels.
The elevator was not working and there are no stairs near the elevator so one had to walk to one end or the other to find the stairs The stairwells did not seem to have any heat and were quite chilly, especially after a swim.
Desk clerks were not very helpful and unprofessional. All in all not a place I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank arianatsp
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. These are the best way we have of knowing if the standards which we have set for our establishment are being upheld.

I am sorry that your room was not what you expected it to be, however I am very glad that you and your family found the pool to be enjoyable.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken.

1) The management and desk clerks received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which they are required to treat our valued guests.

2) Management, security and maintenance were contacted and received additional training concerning what they are to do when the elevators are not working. They were instructed to see to it that any time the elevators become malfunctioning, they are to have them repaired as quickly as possible.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again stay at Best Western Victor Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 6, 2009

What room service ? There were about 3 guests when we checked in. No amenities in bathroom, had to go back to front desk. Waited at least 8 minutes when I arrived before someone showed up at front desk. Very small fridge with no freezer for my ice packs. Nice fairly new hotel but way overpriced for a Best Western when there is a Hampton Inn nearby and a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• The management and registration staff received additional training in the courteous way in which they are expected to treat our valued guests. We expect our guests to be serviced at the desk in a timely manner, not kept waiting for eight minutes. We also expect them to be treated in a respectful and friendly mannor.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Best Western Victor Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford

Been to Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!