“Best place to stay!!!”

Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Victor
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Once again, we were not disappointed by the fantastic service from Patrick (night manager) and his staff. Patrick goes above and beyond each and every time. Rooms are very clean, wonderful breakfast, hot tub takes care of those sore feet after 3 days of shopping. We have already pre-booked 3 seperate stays for 2014.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
jchap2403, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Patron,

I am not surprised that Patrick delivered a great experience for you folks. That is simply what he does. He takes pride is meeting new people and taking care of them while they are away from home. When you stay at our hotel, you are truly staying with people who care.

Until next time.

Truly,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here on October 4th. We chose this hotel because it was just off the I90 and close to a really nice shopping mall and lots of other stores and restaurants. Easier than travelling in to Rochester. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room, the fridge in the room and the look and feel of the whole hotel. The beds were really comfortable and the linens were crisp, clean and comfy. The breakfast in the morning was pretty good and included home made waffles, eggs, bacon and yoghurt and cereals. The Gentleman who was at the front desk at night was so friendly and was quick to tell us where the mall was and give directions. He was extremely professional, friendly and helpful. The hostess at the breakfast in the morning was also very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there gain and highly recommend the Best Western in Victor NY.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jomarie99
jchap2403, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our hotel. I am pleased you had a crisp, clean, and comfortable stay at our hotel. Furthermore, I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and you were surprise by how large are rooms are. Next time your in the area, you will be comforted that you are staying with people who care.

Best Regards

Reviewed October 1, 2012

One of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. Great value.We booked 6 rooms for our annual antique car trip. Everyone in our group was very pleased. Great location to tour the Finger Lakes area. Rooms were very clean and the hot breakfast was super. Staff was very professional and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at the Victor Best Western for 2 nights (27 Sept to 29 Sept) on frequent flier points. Check in was effortless and a breeze (I think we may have even been upgraded). Our room, 238, was clean, as was the whole hotel for that matter. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Room was made up on the second day promptly and was to the same standard as when we checked in. The breakfast was one of the best we have had in a hotel, the hostess taking care of the breakfast bar was by far one of the hardest working people I have seen, constantly checking the food items, cleaning and making sure everyone was ok. The all-day coffee was notches above what we have normally tasted in similar hotels. One small drawback was the close proximity of the AC unit to the bed… a blast of cold air in the middle of the night was a shock; simple answer was to turn it off… not a show stopper by any stretch.

The hotel is conveniently located just off the I 90 and 490 and is close to restaurants and shops
This is a great hotel and I would not only recommend it to friends and family but it is now our hotel of choice when we travel to the Rochester area.

Room Tip: Our room was 238 and was very quiet, as was all of the common areas of teh hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Patron,

I want to personally thank you for your kind words about our breakfast attendant. She is one of the most cheerful, upbeat, and friendly people I have ever met and I am glad you folks were able to experience this. I do want to apologize about the placement of the A/C units in the mini-suite rooms. Some rooms have them situated next to the bed, but not all. So next time your in our area, you can request a room that has the A/C unit farther away from the bed. Then we can truly deliver a perfect experience to you.

Until we meet again,

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Went on trip around Lake Ontario and our first stop was here. Upon check in were greeted in a very friendly and professional manner. Our room was immaculate. For supper we asked where a good place to eat was and he suggested the Park Place Restaurant. Excellent choice. Going back for 2 nights real soon

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I will preface this by saying that I'm pretty well traveled and have stayed in top of the line facilities as well as budget accommodations all over the world so my reviews are always well thought out and I never submit simply because I have an axe to grind - as many do.

My wife and son stayed at this property over the weekend and I have to tell you the place is outstandingly managed and great value for money. We arrived after a short drive (2 hours) from our home and I was in town for a professional purpose which left my wife and son on their own for most of the weekend.

Upon our arrival we were greeted by Patrick, who is possibly one of the nicest front desk people I've ever met in a small town "motel" type establishment. From the minute he introduced himself to the day we left, Patrick did everything in his power to help. Our room was well equipped, the A/C pumped perfect, the fridge kept our things cold and the shower was hot. The beds were extremely comfortable and the entire room was spic & span. Breakfast in the morning was simple but well done with your basics including scrambled eggs and sausage to offer a "hot" option as well as fresh waffles.

My wife does not speak English very well as a recent immigrant to our great country and Patrick went out of his way to help her order dinner while I was out and when I thanked him profusely he simply told me that it was his job. Well above his basic job description I'm sure.

The only negatives I can say is that my computer contracted a virus from using the WiFi there but I'm not sure if that is a WiFi problem or the particular site my computer may have gone. I'm more upset with McAfee who supposedly protects my computer form this sort of thing. The only other complaint (again not necessarily the hotel's fault) is that there is not any sort of a convenience type store (or anything else) within walking distance so it left my wife a bit "high & dry" while I was off for work. There is a "Kwik Fill" gas station right in front of the hotel but it is really only gas.

In closing I can say - I've stayed at a number of Best Western properties around the US and this is by far one of the best when it comes to Value for Money. Great rooms, courteous staff and a bunch of extras. What else do we really need? Even candies on the pillow were a great surprise for a modestly priced property.

This was easily a "5" but I'm a believer that there is always room for a little improvement so keep up the great work and I'll try to figure out what needs to be improved.

Thank you Best Western Victor.

Room Tip: Great shopping mall just up the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
jchap2403, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Traveler,

I am extremely pleased you had such a memorable stay at our hotel. I am also pleased Patrick was able to take special care of you folks. He is always going above and beyond to provide superior customer care at any chance he can. It is our pleasure to serve guests such as yourself and make your stay extraordinary. I am glad we were able to accomplish this during your stay. I want to thank you for your time reviewing our property and we eagerly await your next arrival.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The highlight of this stay was walking into the room and immediately noticing a huge red stain on the pullout sofa. Blood? Wine? Who knows.. So I removed the cushion and pulled out the bed to find that the stain went completely through the cushion and through both layers of the folded mattress. How in the world could the housekeeping staff not see this? Each day we had to ask for replacement soap & shampoo at the front desk. At least one lamp was missing a light bulb, and of course there was the obligatory dead bug in the bathroom. There was a giant stain on the ironing board, and even at the indoor pool, the same clump of hair remained in the same spot on the pool deck for the 3 days we were there. Breakfast was very nice, but the layout created major crowding problems. Note to file: we should not put the waffle machine next to the toaster, because people making waffles are not the same people toasting their English Muffin. The fruit basket does not go next to the sausage tray, etc. One more thing, If you are going to suddenly change the scrambled egg tray with a tray of scrambled eggs with minced ham, put up a sign. The property itself is really nice and the front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. One interesting thing was that the front desk was constantly left unattended. However if you said hello they came out from a back room. The housekeeping department is the only reason this was not a 5 star review.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IVAN708
jchap2403, General Manager at Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to start by apologizing for not delivering a superior guest experience during your last stay at our hotel. I spoke with the housekeeping department head as well as other members of the staff and I can assure you the stain on the mattress was not blood but a wine stain and is being treated as we speak. I also spoke with my front desk manager and he explained the situation; and I am pleased that they were able to deliver a new mattress to your room. I can assure you we strive to achieve and sustain an ultra clean and safe environment for all of our guests. We have procedures in place to check maintenance issues before they occur and I am extremely surprised that there were missing light bulbs in your room.

I am not sure what you meant by obligatory, but I can also assure you that our property has a great pest control service and your complaint has been logged and will be addressed. I would like to discuss your previous stay further and make sure we are addressing any and all issues you had. Please feel free to contact me at anytime (585)924-3933.

Justin A Chapman, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor
Holiday Inn Express Victor
Comfort Inn & Suites Farmington - Victor
4 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford

Been to Best Western Plus Victor Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!