“Excellent facilities”

Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The lobby was nicely decorated. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The night light was on automatically when I turned off the room light. The wifi was password protected. The continental breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Nicole R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are very happy to hear you had a pleasant, comfortable stay with us. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope to see you again soon! We love having you here!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This Hampton surpassed our expectations for a quick family overnight. Set up on a hill in the woods, this quiet yet convenient Hampton is in a great location - easy access to the highways, close to restaurants, shopping, etc. The hotel is squeaky clean and looks like a brand-new facility (hard to believe that it is 13 yrs old). The fitness center is encased in windows, is a nice size and has four brand new treadmills. The pool and pool area is clean and well-maintained. The rooms/bathrooms were also pristine with excellent amenities - every room has a microwave & fridge, and suites have a dishwasher! Bed was comfortable, room was quiet, and the complimentary breakfast had a wide variety of good food, both hot and cold.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Nicole R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your kind comments. All of us here take pride in making this a wonderful place for our guests to stay. We are glad to hear your expectations were surpassed! We look forward to your next stay in Vestal!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I did not have high expectations for this hotel. I realize it is not a luxury brand. All I expected was a clean room and a helpful staff. The entire experience was awful. 1)The fitness center had but one awful treadmill. They are supposed to open a new fitness center, but they should have let us know it was under construction 2) They are "trying" to offer fresh fruit for breakfast. While I applaud their idea, much of the fruit--especially the blueberries--were moldy. 3) The latch on my door was broken. That is, I could not get BACK into my room once I left b/c the door latch was "stuck". Apparently that happens with some frequency, b/c when I went to the front desk, the clerk actually came out with a special metal tool to handle this situation. Unfortunately, it did not work on my door. I was told I'd have to wait til the next day when the maintenance staff came in. While I was given a new room (on the first floor right next to the elevator) so I was able to sleep, I had none of my things--no change of clothes, no toiletries, no computer etc. The clerk brought me a toothbrush etc. but I was given absolutely no compensation for my inconvenience. I was not even notified when they got into my room. I had to inquire the next day on my own. The new desk clerk was pretty unconcerned and simply said "oh yeah, we got into your room." Really disappointing service, attitude etc. overall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Nicole R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear your experience at our hotel was less than stellar. I can assure you, the situation with your door latch is not a common occurance here, and I apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. I also apologize for the delay in communication from our staff regarding the issue. We do stand by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and have processed a refund for that night. Again, we are very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay, and we hope we can accomodate you in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were amazingly surprised! The suite was very clean, probably one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The breakfast was above and beyond, everything was fresh and many choices. I would say that our experience far exceeded our expectation. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank debbiea57
Nicole R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your kind comments. I'll be sure to pass along your review with our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

i was in Binghamton on business and am actually an alumna of the University so I know the area very well. I consistently choose the Hampton Inn & Suites for my stays whenever I am in the area. For more than 5 years I've had nothing but positive experiences with this hotel.

Room Tip: A room on the 3rd floor will give you the best view of the surrounding hills.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Nicole R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your review! We are happy to be your home away from home, and sincerely appreciate your business and loyalty. "We love having you here!"

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I travel enough to expect a clean room and good night rest. Hampton met those minimum standards I expected. Extras I liked were the internet connection and free breakfast offered.The best added feature was the little bottle of hand santizer they now give in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Charlie A
Nicole R, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the addition of hand sanitizer in our rooms. That extra touch was implemented to help keep our guests happy and healthy! Thanks again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Staff is always great and I never have any issues with them! Even during the snow storm someone was outside making sure the sidewalks were clear. The breakfast was excellent, full of choices and options!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LynnG391
Cherrie B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay was here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate your feedback and we are so happy that you consistently enjoy your stays with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal? Share your experiences!