“Nice Lunch special”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Tully's in the University Plaza has a very nice lunch special. It is a sports bar but is fairly quiet at lunch time. Your special includes a beer or a very large drink.a sandwich and soup. The wait staff is pleasant and you are welcomed at the door. Popcorn is available to help your drinks go down and to encourage more.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have pros and cons of my visit there today (March 21, 2014).
I decided to go in for dinner by myself, so I sat at the bar, I went in around 4:30/5 so, it was not yet busy. There were two girls behind the bar. Nic and Vanessa. Vanessa greeted me and was friendly, but, she kind of just looked at me like what can I get you? I asked for a menu and she handed it to me and walked away. No suggestions? Not even can I get you a water while you're looking the menu over? Usually when a person is sitting with a closed menu after looking at it, they're ready to order. There were a couple of times both bartenders walked past me and smiled but didn't stop to ask if I needed anything. I did order (the pesto mozzarella chicken) which was awesome and came out in a timely manner. But, again, no one checked up on me. It was not until my meal was gone and my beer was 3/4 full that Vanessa asked if my meal tasted ok. I noticed as I was eating my meal that Nic and Vanessa chatted a lot with each other...not work related communication. I'm not saying to not have fun at work. But, when the bar is full you shouldn't be ignoring them. And if you aren't during a rush, you should be able to constantly check up on them. As I finished my meal another girl.....Erica came in for her shift. I pushed my plate aside and Vanessa took it away.....again, no "can I get you anything else? How was your meal? Any dessert". I finally asked Erica as she walked by for a dessert menu. She not only got it for me, but pointed things our and made suggestions. She even made an awesome upsell by suggesting I get a Baileys coffee instead of regular. She checked up on me as well. Her friendliness and attentiveness made me want to leave her a tip (which I did!) even though she wasn't my server. My suggestion for awesome service is communication with customers, checking back after two bites, and making suggestions/ refilling drinks.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Tully's was a really nice restaurant. They had good food.. and excellent popcorn! (I couldn't get enough!) The prices were reasonable and the portion sizes were big. Would definitely eat here again.

They have a LOT of drink specials.... for each night of the week. There's a whole book full of them!

We were staying at a hotel nearby and the restaurant was within walking distance.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Yep, they've got bar food, but lot's of choices you might not expect too. Tons of fried food on the menu, sure, but they have some unusual and tasty items to choose from. One of my favorites was Irish Eggrolls, but they are no longer available, so I opted for Tex-Mex eggrolls as an appetizer. They are also very good, and come with a nice spicy dipping sauce as well as salsa.

The burgers here are as good as any you'll find. Not only are they 10oz., but they are very good quality meat, great texture, and never frozen. They have many choices too. I had the Mountain Melt Burger, which is the 10oz. burger between a giant toasted cheese sandwich. Picture two regular toasted cheese sandwiches with a huge burger in between. I know, sounds like a trip to the ER on a plate, but I have to say the toasted cheese on it's own is probably the best I've ever tasted. Add the burger and it's a completely indulgent, heart stopping, and great tasting meal. Normally, I'd never recommend something so ridiculous, but it really does taste great. At $10, including a side of fries, it's also a terrific value.

I've had other meals here in the past, and I've never been dissappointed. We ordered the fish off the kids meal list for our daughter, and it was a very nice piece of real fish. The portion was larger than many places serve on the regular menu.

Our server was very friendly, and we were ahead of the dinner rush, so it was a pleasant experience, and not too crowded or loud. The restaurant is very clean, and they have dining areas setup in such a way that it's very comfortable family dining, even with small children. We felt welcome and comfortable with our 3 year old.

Tully's is obviously trying to do everything just a little bigger and better than anyone else. More, and larger TV's, more games, larger portions and greater variety of food, and definitely higher quality food than any other sports bar I've ever been to. We'll be back again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's ok, but we got the feeling that we needed to eat drink and move on so another tipper could use the table. We just never felt comfortable. We'd go back for special sports occassions, but wouldn't make one of our stops.