“Great value!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Vestal
NYC
“Great value!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

My room was not bad at all it was pretty clean I had no prolems with anything and ofcourse the price is incredible!!! I really recommend it if u just need a quick 1 night stay. I mean it is what it is! I can't believe the bad reviews for this place. The bottom line is "you get what u pay for". We don't live in a Fairy land.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank LeonNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Myerstown, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

We had to stay in Binghamton for a wedding and just needed a place to sleep for 4 adults & 2 kids (2 rooms), this motel fit the bill. Economical, clean, helpful staff, places to eat nearby, convenient to highways. If you're looking for "fancy" this ain't it! It is dated and there are some "rough edges". But if you travel to Binghamton and need a clean room for the night at a good price I recommend the Parkway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Gary H
Port Crane, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

OMG... I know it was a last minute thing booking this room but...I got there and got my room. We walked in and mold and mildew smell hit me like a rock.. I started to cry it was so bad.. Also the celing tile in the room was water damaged right over the mirror.. The bath room celing tile was falling out, and the sink counter was peeling off... All because I asked for a smoking room... I went to the front desk and told him there was no way I could stay there and he said if I wanted a better room he could give me one but I can't smoke inside, I agreed to look...The room was 100% better as soon as I walked in.. I turned the ac on and left for a few hours... The curtains where blocking the ac and it would shut off a few mins after it started....when I came back came back and pull the beds down and there where these boards sticking out from under the bottom mattress with metal hooks on them , I assume to hold the bed in place but they where sticking out about 2 inches from the mattress which durning the night I hit my leg on trying to get up to go to the bathroom...So if your a smoker and can smoke outside it's a ok room for the price..

• Liked — Check out
  • Disliked — Smell
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank j6vel
vestal, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2007

We have lived in Vestal for 45 years, and have known that in the past the Parkway Inn was not a desireable motel. However, this month, June of '07, we needed five rooms for out-of-town guests who were here to celebrate our 50th anniversary. I went to the Parkway Inn and talked to the new owner, Jay, who showed me the five rooms (in the newer section) where our guests could be located. He was very pleasant and very accomodating. And I was impressed with the rooms. They are all non-smoking, there was no odor, and they were clean. I booked them. Our guests were delighted with them . . . the beds were comfortable, the TV's worked, the plumbing was modern, the rooms were clean, and Jay was willing to do anything they needed to be comfortable. The breakfast was sparse, but adequate, served in the small lobby of the office. I feel badly that the previous reviews were all written before Jay took over as manager. They are all negative. He has turned around this older motel to make it a very decent place to stay. I would have future guests stay there. We were very happy with it. Our only regret was that we didn't have time to use the small swimming pool right on the grounds! ! It looks very appealing. Jane Coutts

• Liked — cleanliness, price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank ccoutts
Vestal, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2006

Crappiest motel I've lived in. Dingy rooms, stinking carpets, leaky bathroom, nonexistent pillows. Non-smoking room was stinking with smoke. Shady neighbors shouting well into midnight. They advertise free internet but its available only in lobby and only before 10:00pm. Wierd unclean breakfast. A diseased sick dog hung around lobby all the time. I decided to check out early but they suddenly made up a cancellation policy and charged for two extra nights. Extremely rude owner. STAY AWAY!!! Better spend $5 more and stay at Red Roof Inn at Johnson City.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Stinking rooms. unhygenic surroundings. Rude dishonest owner.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Away from this place!!! If trying to save money, go to Red Roof Inn at Johnson City.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank vestal_guy
Gloucester Twp., NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2005

Icy parking spaces and wallkways (Chinese food delivery guy fell, I came very close), freezing draft through big gap in room door. Bathroom door did not close. Scalding HOT and hard-to-adjust water in shower, it also sprayed a painful needle blast--OUCH!--and sprayed up to the ceiling when I TRIED to adjust the nozzle (desk clerk completely unconcerned when I reported this). Asked for two extra towels for my guest and myself (after cleaning up mess of water from shower), but was only able to get one. Loud roaring fridge in room kept us up most of the night. Heat is not adjustable--also roared on and off all night. Bed made unusually, NO fitted sheets (flat sheet on top of a blanket, no mattress pad), it came apart immediately upon pulling down the covers, we both struggled to stay on the sheet and off the mattress. No phone book, no mention of coffee available in morning in the lobby (it was--but small cups and no lids). Clean enough. My "OK" rating is on the generous side. You get what you pay for!

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank -cynnester-
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2005

Had a fridge and microwave included. Well worth the money, paid 40 total. Old but clean. Recommend for those on a budget not looking for amenities.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Courtyard Binghamton
Courtyard Binghamton
#5 of 8 in Vestal

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!