“Better to sleep in your car”
Review of Parkway Inn

Parkway Inn
Parkway Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Rochester, New York
“Better to sleep in your car”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Filthy, run down, here on business, reserved for 3 nights. Staying only one then moving to a hotel 45 minutes away but worth the drive to not have to stay here. No excuse for not maintaining simple cleanliness. Update bedspreads, clean carpets etc. etc. etc.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank judy b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vestal, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The hotel is a dump. Nothing like the pictures on tripadvisor and expedia. The guy checking me in was extremely rude and tried to give me a smoking room, insisting that "none of their rooms. I cancelled my reservation after seeing the room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank kpinton1
NYC
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My room was not bad at all it was pretty clean I had no prolems with anything and ofcourse the price is incredible!!! I really recommend it if u just need a quick 1 night stay. I mean it is what it is! I can't believe the bad reviews for this place. The bottom line is "you get what u pay for". We don't live in a Fairy land.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank LeonNY
Myerstown, PA
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We had to stay in Binghamton for a wedding and just needed a place to sleep for 4 adults & 2 kids (2 rooms), this motel fit the bill. Economical, clean, helpful staff, places to eat nearby, convenient to highways. If you're looking for "fancy" this ain't it! It is dated and there are some "rough edges". But if you travel to Binghamton and need a clean room for the night at a good price I recommend the Parkway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary H
Port Crane, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2008

OMG... I know it was a last minute thing booking this room but...I got there and got my room. We walked in and mold and mildew smell hit me like a rock.. I started to cry it was so bad.. Also the celing tile in the room was water damaged right over the mirror.. The bath room celing tile was falling out, and the sink counter was peeling off... All because I asked for a smoking room... I went to the front desk and told him there was no way I could stay there and he said if I wanted a better room he could give me one but I can't smoke inside, I agreed to look...The room was 100% better as soon as I walked in.. I turned the ac on and left for a few hours... The curtains where blocking the ac and it would shut off a few mins after it started....when I came back came back and pull the beds down and there where these boards sticking out from under the bottom mattress with metal hooks on them , I assume to hold the bed in place but they where sticking out about 2 inches from the mattress which durning the night I hit my leg on trying to get up to go to the bathroom...So if your a smoker and can smoke outside it's a ok room for the price..

• Liked — Check out
  • Disliked — Smell
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank j6vel
vestal, ny
Reviewed June 15, 2007

We have lived in Vestal for 45 years, and have known that in the past the Parkway Inn was not a desireable motel. However, this month, June of '07, we needed five rooms for out-of-town guests who were here to celebrate our 50th anniversary. I went to the Parkway Inn and talked to the new owner, Jay, who showed me the five rooms (in the newer section) where our guests could be located. He was very pleasant and very accomodating. And I was impressed with the rooms. They are all non-smoking, there was no odor, and they were clean. I booked them. Our guests were delighted with them . . . the beds were comfortable, the TV's worked, the plumbing was modern, the rooms were clean, and Jay was willing to do anything they needed to be comfortable. The breakfast was sparse, but adequate, served in the small lobby of the office. I feel badly that the previous reviews were all written before Jay took over as manager. They are all negative. He has turned around this older motel to make it a very decent place to stay. I would have future guests stay there. We were very happy with it. Our only regret was that we didn't have time to use the small swimming pool right on the grounds! ! It looks very appealing. Jane Coutts

• Liked — cleanliness, price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank ccoutts
Vestal, NY
Reviewed September 3, 2006

Crappiest motel I've lived in. Dingy rooms, stinking carpets, leaky bathroom, nonexistent pillows. Non-smoking room was stinking with smoke. Shady neighbors shouting well into midnight. They advertise free internet but its available only in lobby and only before 10:00pm. Wierd unclean breakfast. A diseased sick dog hung around lobby all the time. I decided to check out early but they suddenly made up a cancellation policy and charged for two extra nights. Extremely rude owner. STAY AWAY!!! Better spend $5 more and stay at Red Roof Inn at Johnson City.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Stinking rooms. unhygenic surroundings. Rude dishonest owner.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Away from this place!!! If trying to save money, go to Red Roof Inn at Johnson City.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank vestal_guy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 9 in Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!