“great breakfast....saggy mattress...no bottled water in machine at night.”

Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hi so we got there on a Mon. 7/8 and my kids were very impressed with the room...thought we'd get 2 queen beds but then it was only 2 full beds...A/C worked wonderfully; plenty of room within the room...t.v. worked....bathroom and vanity were very nice...had hard time sleeping on the mattress tho...they said it was recently renovated...they need to renovate their mattresses....I told the mgr. in the am and he told me that there were newer mattresses in different rooms. Was HIGHLY disappointed with the fact that my son, at 10:30pm had to go to another floor to buy a bottle of water because they ran out of water in their machine on our floor....THAT really bothered me......When it came to breakfast, my kids ate heartily and were very happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new mattress...and closer to the lobby so you can be closer to the breakfast r...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank felice r
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments on the renovations. We continue to replace mattresses a few rooms at a time. I apologize for our vending machine running out of water. We would gladly bring one up to you at any time. Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was a bit concerned having been booked at Quality Inn as I tend to stay at Marriott or Hilton properties. The hotel has been recently renovated, the lobby is very nice, the rooms are new with a small refrigerator and the WIFI worked well. However, as previously mentioned the bathrooms are a little small but functional. The free breakfast was comparable to what is offered at similar properties and the breakfast room was very nice, large and sunny. The hotel is on the same road as several other hotels and there are a few places that you can walk to for dinner. So why do I only consider the hotel as average? While just nicely renovated the bathrooms are small and the ceiling on the 2nd floor is low, the pool is outside, the hallways long. These are limitations of an older building. However, there are a few things that can be addressed that impacted my rating: 1) The fire alarm went of both nights during my stay. While it was quickly "silenced" it did wake me up as it should! 2) The is non-smoking hotel but there were a lot of smokers hanging out at the front door. 3) The Front Desk Clerk on the night shift was sitting in chair in the lobby at 5:45AM watching TV covered by a blanket - not very professional and 4) There several buses of tourists who arrived in the breakfast area at the same time overwhelming the breakfast buffet. The woman staffing breakfast did an excellent job trying to keep up but an extra person, some extra coffee, etc.. would have helped.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank grump51
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Trip advisor. It’s great to hear that we exceeded your prior expectations. We are very happy to hear so many guests recognizing the efforts put forth in the recent renovations. We also appreciate the feedback on the challenges you faced. Please rest assured that we will follow up immediately with this. Thanks again for your comments

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel has been recently renovated. The lobby is very welcoming and the rooms are new and fresh. The bathrooms are a little on the small side in the king suite but it serves the purpose. It has a nice lounge right in the hotel and a Japanese steakhouse attached to the building and many other good restaurants nearby. As always with choice hotels a free breakfast and wifi are a nice bonus.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. We are so proud of our newly renovated property, and it’s great to hear such positive comments from our guests. I’m glad you took advantage of our lounge and Fuji San restaurant during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Thank you again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My experience at the Quality Inn Suites at Binghamton University was great. The room/suite was spacious and clean and the king sized bed was very comfortable. The staff were very accommodating and helpful and the breakfast service was excellent. I will definitely make reservations to stay there again for my son's graduation next year and will recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Keith S, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. It’s nice to hear that you had such a great experience. We will share this with our staff. We are so glad that we will be seeing more of you and your family, as your son continues his education at Binghamton University this fall. We look forward to seeing you in October for parent’s weekend. Thanks again for the wonderful comments!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am a choice one Diamond. The staff at Quality Inn are at the top of their game. I have stayed several time. First they always remember my name. It takes two seconds to make a reservation. When I arrive check inn was prepared in advance. My room is always clean and ready and I get a courtesy call to make sure everything is alright. The breakfast staff is delightful and they make it a nice way to start the day. It is a real pleasure to stay here keep up the good work
Glenn Fletcher

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tracy S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Glen,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments about our staff being on the top of their game. This will serve as encouragement to all of our staff, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thanks again for your continued business.
Keith Smith
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was and am very pleased with the service provided by the front desk and management team all personal requests were meet with a very professional smile. They remembered my name and greeted me when they saw me. The rooms were up to date and clean. Continental breakfast opened early for me the service was that of a 5 star restaurant. I enjoy their environment.Ohh the beds are great. The location is very conveniently located right next to the university. ”great for me”

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with the front desk staff. They work hard to maintain professionalism at all times, while giving every guest that personal service. It’s great to hear all the positive feedback from you about the recently updated rooms, to the great beds, and also the great service in the restaurant. Make sure to stop in our lounge; Johnny’s Tavern the next time you stay with us. Hope to see you soon.
Thanks again!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

After trying several other locations in this area, we decided to give the Quality Inn a try. What a PLEASANT surprise. Extensive renovations are currently underway but don't let that deter you. We stayed in a newly renovated room and it was impeccable. The square footage is in line with the price, and a great value. The entire personnel that we encountered were professional and courteous, and truly concerned for our needs. The continental breakfast was over the top. The girl that tends to that section, truly takes pride in her job and is very customer friendly.

Room Tip: No elevators so ask for a lower when they are completed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy S, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your review- we appreciate the time you took to go online and fill it out !t We appreciate you for giving us a try- we are working very hard to renovate the hotel, and provide the best customer service possible! Thanks for the kind words about our staff- everyone here is working towards the same goal of outstanding customer service! We know in the past that we haven't received the best reviews, but have made numerous steps to make our hotel better! The renovations are only the beginning! Please stop back in again, and experience the hotel completely renovated!
Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Courtyard by Marriott Binghamton
Residence Inn Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton

Been to Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University? Share your experiences!