Residence Inn Binghamton
$70
Travelocity
$51
Priceline
All reviewsfull kitchenservice roadliving roomseparate buildingstwo storybit hard to findvanity areawafflesupon checkfirst floorniagara fallsbreakfast areabusiness tripabove averagecomplimentary breakfastfireplacebinghamton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Fantastic loft room; tons of space for family travel. Generous breakfast, pool and sports court are also well maintained and a nice perk. Great dining recommendations from front desk staffer!

Like previous reviewer only real complaint is hideously awful road signage; don't know who they need to bribe but MUST find a way to let travelers on the road know where to turn!! It looks like a blind side street to nowhere!! Did a few laps of Vestal before we found it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AlejandroNorte
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay in Binghamton. I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant recommendation as well. There are so many fantastic places to eat in Binghamton! Number 5, Lost Dog, Remlik's, Little Venice, Cortese... the list goes on and on!

I couldn't agree with you more about the road signage. The town of vestal is pretty strict about their code enforcement and won't allow us to put a higher sign or even a sign closer to the road. I am sorry that you had to do a few laps of Vestal before finding us. I am so glad you did find us, and hope you will stay with us again. This is by far the biggest complaint from our guests, and we have definitely tried to get permission to put a better sign up but unfortunately to no avail.

For those who are planning to stay here please continue reading for some extra directions! And look for an email with the subject "Driving Directions to Residence Inn Binghamton" about 2 days before your arrival!

The entire team at the Residence Inn Binghamton located in Vestal, New York is eagerly awaiting your arrival. As you know, sometimes treasures are hard to find. We believe that is why Map Quest and other GPS systems have such a hard time finding us!

To help with your travels, we have enclosed additional directions we hope will guide you right to our hotel from the Vestal Parkway (route 434). We have found that certain guides do not list us on Service Road where we are actually located.

TRAVELING ON 434 EAST:
Go past the entrance of Binghamton University (should appear on your right).
Go through one light and then straight over a small hill. At the bottom of the hill, there is a right-hand turn lane. Make this right onto Plaza Drive. Make an IMMEDIATE SHARP RIGHT onto Service Road. You will see our Residence Inn Marriott sign at the top of the hill.

TRAVELING ON 434 WEST:
Look for Tully’s Good Times restaurant and the University Plaza on the left side. Proceed slowly; you will see a left-hand turn lane with a large white arrow painted on the pavement immediately after University Plaza. Turn left here onto Plaza Drive. Take an IMMEDIATE SHARP RIGHT onto Service Road. You will see our Residence Inn Marriott sign at the top of the small hill.

We are truly committed to providing memorable service and look forward to seeing you when you arrive. If you have any special needs please do not hesitate to ask.

Wishing you safe and happy travels!
Sarah Kaminsky
(607)770-8500
(607)770-6216 (fax)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at the Residence Inn Binghamton on a vacation with my wife, two daughters and grandson to tour the Finger Lakes. The room I selected was the two bedroom, two bathroom loft. It was gorgeous and extremely spacious. There was actually enough room for another person to sleep comfortably. The manager and staff were very friendly and responsive to any needs. Breakfasts were very good with a wide variety. Evening receptions were good but limited in selection compared to many other Residence Inns that I have stayed in. Location of hotel is great on Vestal Parkway East which has numerous shopping opportunities and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you SO much for the great review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

the hotel was ok the rooms where a bit aged for a residents inn. the breakfast was decent but the main complaint was the hotel was impossible to find i searched for twenty minutes for the hotel at night it is up a unmarked road and that road is not visible from the parkway additionally the pool is supper small about the size of three whirlpools

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

We are truly hard to find. I agree with your comment entirely. We do send out an email to ALL arriving guests 2 days in advance. We know that some people do not give email addresses and some people also book the day of or even one day in advance. Unfortunately, we haven't come up with a perfect solution yet.

The town here unfortunately, will not let us put a sign closer to the road due to code restrictions. You can always call us at 607.770.8500 and we will be happy to assist you with directions 24/7. I am so sorry that you had a difficult time finding us. I hope that if you are ever in the area you will stay with us again especially since you've been able to find us, now!

For those of you reading this who have not stayed with us before please keep reading for some specific directions!

TRAVELING ON 434 EAST:
Go past the entrance of Binghamton University (should appear on your right).

TRAVELING ON 434 WEST:

Wishing you safe and happy travels!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I travel to the Binghamton area frequently for business. Although I stay on other Marriot property's in the Binghamton area, the Residence Inn Vestal is by far my hotel of choice. The staff, is extremely accommodating and pleasant. The pool area and patio are kept very clean. There are also a lot of good restaurants in the area. I would recommend this hotel for anybody travelling to the area, especially families bringing their kids to the local colleges at the beginning of their semesters.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! We are absolutely honored to be your hotel of choice in the Binghamton area. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at Residence Inn on a college orientation trip to Binghamton University for my son. Check inn was seamless. Room was spacious per most residence inn's - clean but nothing amazing. Bathroom did have a slightly musty odor. Called to get moisturizer and a shower cap from the front desk as we inadvertently left home without either item - we were told by the front desk did not have any......rare for any Marriott property as usually such toiletry staples are easily obtained from the front desk. Pillows and bed were definitely not up to snuff....my wife tossed and turned and my neck was stiff from the worn out pillows. Breakfast was decent - nice touch with the greek yogurt and berries. Outside of the property could benefit from some cosmetic improvements .....like hiding the ugly ladders their handymen use as apposed to just hanging them on hooks next to the parking lot. Decent stay but still plenty room for improvement.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback we really appreciate your review! Congratulations on your son’s acceptance into Binghamton University! We hope you will be staying with us in the future. I am SO SORRY about the moisturizer and shower cap. I just did a double check and we have them stocked and ready for use. I think someone may have had a hard time trying to locate them. I really appreciate this comment because it gave me a quick moment to retrain our staff on what amenities we have and where they are located. So sorry that they did not provide you with them during your stay. We’re also looking for a place to store our ladders instead of hanging them on the maintenance shed. I have to agree with you there, and thank you for the suggestion! It’s a wonderful idea.