“Ceilings paper thin”

Residence Inn Binghamton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed November 26, 2012

When I entered the suite, I was very impressed by the size. However the guests above my unit dictated my sleep. This location has units above one another and you could hear every foot step, particularly the children. Since the units are suites, there is plenty of room to run and stomp ! This herd of people decided to call it a night around midnight, allowing me to retire for the night but at 5:15am the next morning it was time for everyone around to get up and check out. Ridiculous. I asked the front desk why they would put children on the 2nd floors with such lousy construction. No response

Room Tip: DO NOT take a room on the first floor, especially in building 8. Find another hotel to stay in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DRhodesNewEngland
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

I’m so sorry you ran into this issue while you were staying with us. I really wished you had phoned the front desk to let us know about the noise so we could have asked the guest to quiet down, as we really do want everyone to feel at home. Unfortunately, we try to accommodate all requests and it is possible that this guest with children requested the second floor. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again so we can show you how comfortable and home-like our hotel can be!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wonderfully convenient to Binghamton University. Very comfortable beds and sitting area. Super clean. Breakfast was okay and there was lots of it. we'll definitely stay again. Delicious hot cookies when we arrived, next door to a strip mall with Starbucks, Chipotle and other stores and a mini-market. Parking a bit tight.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you so much for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we really hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were greeted upon our arrival (October 8, 2012) with a very hospitable staff. It turns out that all the women we encountered were very friendly & accommodating, but not the gentleman at the front check-in on the morning of our departure. Every person's experience is different, but we found our room to be spacious & beautiful. We had every convenience which included a modern furnished kitchen. In addition to the morning buffet breakfast, we were informed about an early evening light meal on the day of our arrival. We enjoyed delicious home-made chili with other extras. Thank you Deb for your effort in preparing this family recipe for total strangers. I will always remember out stay at this hotel & this special gesture offered to Marriott's guests.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I really appreciate the feedback. Deb is a fantastic cook... her chili is to die for! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and so glad that we made your stay so memorable. We hope if you are ever in the area again you will stay with us. Thanks so much!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here only one night recently because it's close to SUNY Binghamton and price was reasonable. Breakfast was ok and room was spacious with renovated kitchen and sitting area. FYI, bathrooms are tiny with an attached vanity area. The mattress we had needed a replacement and I think the location of your particular room relates to how "quiet" you stay is and whether it is a weekday or not.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your response. We really appreciate the feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. On weekends we do tend to have more families inhouse, but we encourage anyone who has any noise complaints to PLEASE let management know as we do have a "Noise Comfort Policy" in effect at ALL times to make sure everyone is comfortable during their stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had never stayed at a Residence Inn before, but I was able to stay on points and the big room was an appealing option.

First the good:
Great location! There's tons of stores and restaurants right close by. There's even a Starbucks (with a drive-thru!) in the parking lot next door. It's easy to park right outside your room. I always love that.

The room was huge and immaculate! I was thinking that if I was a single girl I could have happily lived there! There was a very clean full kitchen, a sitting area, a bedroom and a big bathroom. There was even a dishwasher with all the dishes, pots, pans, etc. that you would need.

The free breakfast was DELICIOUS! One of the better free hotel breakfasts that I have been to. Both mornings my husband and I really enjoyed it.

Now the bad:
The bed. Oh the bed. It was one of the worst hotel beds ever. I did not sleep either night. It was an old spring mattress that had a massive divot in the middle. It was like a grizzly bear had hibernated in the bed and left a hole. My husband and I had to sleep on the extreme ends of the bed and steady ourselves so we wouldn't fall into the crevice! I'm making light of it now, but it was just awful.

I know that a lot of people use this sort of hotel for longer term stays, but the public areas felt like we were staying in public housing. Several families treated the property like their own playground. Both days the kids were running all over the property until late at night. They left the property outside their door a MESS. Toys, bikes, sneakers, strollers everywhere. We were constantly climbing over things. One night we came back to the room to a loud party (and I mean a LOUD LOUD party) blaring music and cooking out on a Weber outside their room. The management should have some sort of rules about the common areas. Both nights the people (with children I assume) were loud and running around keeping us up even further. There is zero sound proofing from room to room.

Really it felt like we were staying in a low-income dorm. If the room itself wasn't so nice we would have looked for somewhere else to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maebyfunke
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was! We appreciate the feedback as it helps us grow as a company.

I did have Maintenance check the mattress after you left and it will be taken care of appropriately. I wish you had stayed a few more nights so we could have gotten you into a more comfortable fit to your liking.

I know you did mention the toys and noise due to some of our guests. Sometimes, we do too good of a job at making people feel right at home! We did address the issue the following day and feel that everyone can feel at ease while staying here.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

First time staying a residence inn overall a good experience. Only draw back was room was not cleaned while we out for 8 hours as promised.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife, five month old son, and two italian greyhounds stayed at the Residence Inn Marriot in Vestal, N.Y. from 7/2 to 7/4 2012 for my mother funeral. We also had 5 other families come into town for the services, which also stayed at the Residence Inn. Bottom Line Upfront (BLUF): All who stayed said, the stay was "Excellent" and "First Class". My wife and I had a two bedroom sutie that was perfect for our family. There was enough room to spreadout and be comfortable. The staff even had a PACK&PLAY for us to use. We had some much stuff in our car we couldn't bring ours from home. (THANK GOD for the hotels PACK &PLAY). The room was immaculate: Marble counter tops, two queen size beds, and a pull out couch. The internet was wireless and fast, the cable was great...several HBO's and sports channels. The hotel even had great dog run right across the parking lot from our room. The staff was awesome, (Tracy-Front Office Manager, Roselinda-Housekeeping, and Tracy-GM) were all kind,considerate, and gracious during our stay. This was definately like a home away from home. My wife and couldn't not be happier with the staff and amenities. We highly recommend Resdience Inn Vestal/Binghamton. We will stay here every time we go Upstate. Marcus P.

Room Tip: Two Bedrom Suite is like home away from home. Granite counter top, two queen beds, pull out couch, a...
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

We are so sorry for your loss. I'm glad we could help make this tough time a little easier for you. It was great meeting you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again under better circumstances! Thanks so much for the review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Courtyard by Marriott Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton

Been to Residence Inn Binghamton? Share your experiences!