“Excellent property and staff”

Residence Inn Binghamton
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I arrived at the hotel on a business trip with blue "blanket fuzz" from my airplane blanket on my tan pants and had to head to a business meeting. I asked the front desk for some tape, and one of the girls (who I later found out was the manager) offered me her personal lint roller! I came back in later and the girl at the front desk remembered my name and room number. These might seem like little things, but it is the little things, to me, that set hotels apart (and trust me...at the time the blanket fuzz was not a little thing!). These girls didn't care if I was elite or not (which I am)....they treat everyone like they are elite!

As others have said, the hotel is the four plex separate buildings style (which I enjoy). The rooms are spacious, clean, modern. Bed is more than comfortable (my flight out was cancelled and the airline put me up at another hotel chain in Binghamton .... one of the "upper end" of the chain....but this Residence Inn bed was more comfortable and the bathroom was nicer). The included breakfast is the usual Marriott chain breakfast....I love the waffles, so can't speak to the eggs, etc.

Only "issue" I had was I couldn't find a blanket....and I was too tired to call the front desk for one (I would have had to get dressed :). I am sure had I called, they would have happily brought one.

It is difficult to find (my GPS got me close). The emailed directions were extremely helpful...not sure I would have gotten there without them!

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't like carrying luggage upstairs, ask for a ground floor room.
1  Thank tulsacubfan
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

It was so nice meeting you and having you stay with us (even only for the night). We hope to see you again if you are ever in Binghamton! And PS. the closet next to the front door should have extra sheets and a blanket in it! But we surely would have brought you one!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Wonderful front desk staff and although the evening and morning food was marginal, the warmth and friendliness of the staff make up for it. Room was very nice, extremely clean and comfortable.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I am a platinum premier member with Marriott Rewards and stay in hotels over 250 nights a year. It is a rare and unique find when one encounters hotel staff as accommodating as that of this hotel. The management staff is second to none and ALWAYS willing to go above and beyond their normal call of duty to ensure guest satisfaction. The rooms are adequately appointed and newly renovated. They property is nestled in a quiet location just off a main thoroughfare. In the evenings, they offer warm dinner that is hearty and satisfying. The housekeeping staff is courteous, compassionate and most efficient. If you are looking for a home away from home this is unequivocally, with out a doubt, that place for you !

Room Tip: ask for a room the over looks the courtyard!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

I couldn’t be happier that you feel this way. Our goal is to create an environment for our long term guests that feels like home. It’s great to know we’re doing it right! There are so many people who stay here that feel like family to us! We wouldn’t know what to do without them! Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We booked this hotel through the Marriott website and didn't look carefully at its location. It required a considerable detour from our route and was a bit hard to find, even though we had the hotel directions. You need to turn left after the plaza and then make an immediate right to go up the hill to the hotel. It is a group of two story buildings with outside entrances. The lobby/eating area is a separate building. The staff was very welcoming and helpful and clearly concerned that we were happy. A small problem with the tv was quickly attended to. The kitchen was clean and well-stocked and the breakfast was good with good variety. Unlike other Residence inns we have stayed at, there is no separation between the bedroom and the living area in their studio rooms. This means a third person using the pull-out couch does not have the privacy we're used to.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TourerOntario
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! We are a bit hard to find, but I'm glad you got it figured out. Were our email directions helpful? I'm glad you let everyone on trip advisor know how to locate us! We hope you come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This Residence Inn is a cluster of two story buildings with external room entrances. The lobby is clean and the free breakfast was maintained well and served fresh. The room accommodation was marginal. The room smelled musty. Bed was well worn and somewhat rutted. Bathroom had not been adequately cleaned, hair was on the floor by the toilet . The soap container in the shower stall had been ripped off. The gentleman manning the front desk was somewhat surly and not very accommodating.
This Residence Inn was far from the usual inviting experience of Marriott, it lacked attention to detail i.e. clean and friendly. Hopefully they will get their act together in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank VoyagerFour
BinghamtonRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Binghamton, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience! This does not sound like an experience most people have at our hotel. Please send me an email binghamtongm@ih-corp.com. I would most certainly like to figure out what happened, and know which people you encountered at my hotel. I thank you for letting me know about the issues, as there is opportunity to fix them!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

First time at Residence Inn. Clean, updated decor. Newer Full size appliances, "granite" countertops. Spacious bath. Lots of outlets for PCs, charging phones, etc. Good front desk staff. Decent free breakfast. Signage needs to be improved as we arrived later at night and could see the hotel, but could not figure out how to enter the property.

Room Tip: If you can request closer to the main office, it will save you a bit of a walk for your free breakfa...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the feedback! Your tips were great for other travelers as well. We hope to see you in Binghamton again soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed here two nights in mid-March on a business trip. Called at noon the day of check-in and asked if they would have any rooms available at 1pm. They said they would which was very nice, especially after a 4 hour drive. Understandably, 1pm isn't the hotels busy hour, but after walking in to the reception area, I'm pretty sure the attendant saw me, but kept on texting without looking up for a good two minutes while I stood at the desk. Fairly unprofessional and not a great way to start the hotel experience. Once she "noticed" me, check-in was quick and hassle-free (other than the key not working and having to go replace it for another one). The room was nice, but not as nice as some other Residences I've stayed in. The granite in the kitchenette and bathroom was nice, as was the flat-screen TV with a few HD channels. The carpet was pretty worn, however, and I could actually see some cobwebs through the fan/light fixture in the bathroom. There were also some stray hairs on the couch and the room had a bit of a musty smell. None of this is a deal breaker but it is not on par with other Residence Inns. While breakfast was good, the hostpitality hour was a joke- some water and orange juice containers sitting in a nasty tray on ice and one chafing dish half full with what looked like meatballs. Do not count on this as anything close to resembling dinner. The location is certainly great- Vestal Parkway is the business strip of the local area (Target, Outback, Kohls, Best Buy, Applebees, etc). Getting to the hotel is another matter however. Its one of those deals where, if you're coming from Binghamton or points east, you can't make a left into the hotel. You have to go down a bit, get on a service road, and get on the westbound side of the Parkway. This became annoying on the second night. There is no business center, just a computer and a printer in the hallway leading to the reception area from the back of the hotel and right next to the coffee area so don't plan on getting too much done sitting there. As for sleep quality, this is a typical residence where all rooms are accessed from outside. If you're not on the top floor, expect to hear people walking up the staircase (which is about 2 feet from your door). I also heard quite a bit of noise from the room above me. Not sure if this is a hotel design flaw or if it was just a noisy family. Also, this design works great in good weather, but if the weather turns nasty, I'm not sure how much fun the outdoor layout will be. Final word- this isn't the Four Seasons but its not a Motel 8 either. You'll have a pleasant stay, just don't expect to be wowed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank spedy1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Courtyard by Marriott Binghamton

Been to Residence Inn Binghamton? Share your experiences!