“Good ol' down home cookin' ...”
Review of Skylark Diner

Skylark Diner
Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in Vestal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The Skylark Diner has been a staple in Vestal, NY for many, many years. We espcially enjoy their breakfast, which can be ordered all day long. The portions are perfect and the prices cannot be beat. The service is very quick and the servers are always pleasant. It is an old time style Diner that has added on and has a back room with booths, tables & chairs. They have a wide range of food to choose from and daily specials. There is extra parking next door past the Diner at the Library entrance, as their parking lot does fill up. If you don’t feel like cooking tonight, you may want to try it. We have never been disappointed.

1  Thank EmptynesterTravelers

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went here for breakfast with my grandsons and their parents. Hear alot about the corned beef hash. It was great! The hash isn't mushy but chunks of potato and corned beef. I normally don't like corned beef because it's greasy but not here. No grease at all. Everyone enjoyed their breakfast and when the bill came I was pleased at how low it was. I'd hghly recommend the Skylark!
The Skylark accepts cash only but does have an ATM on the premise.

1  Thank Greg H
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Best Strawberry Shortcake I have ever had!!!! YUMMY!

1  Thank Kim N
Reviewed April 22, 2012

After watching food network all morning my fiancé and I wanted a good diner burger. We decided to give the Skylark a try. Parking was an issue but we were able to find a spot. We sat at the counter and were quickly greeted by the waitress. We both ordered the bacon cheeseburger with fries and coleslaw. The coleslaw was really good and it was a generous portion. The burgers came out quickly and I enjoyed mine. My fiancé liked his as well. The fries are good, crispy. There were these huge lemon cupcakes staring at me on the counter but I decided to be good and pass. Overall it was a good experience and I'd like to go back and try breakfast some time!

1  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed March 25, 2012

It was suppose to be a good place but it seems the diner culture here is a bit lacking if they find this food to be "Good" you are better off going to IHOP or Denny's for the money and taste.

Been to Skylark Diner? Share your experiences!