“Far East is a great little Chinese Resturaunt...”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Broome County
“Far East is a great little Chinese Resturaunt...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

Far East is a great little Chinese Resturaunt. I would say that like a lot of other Chinese resuraunts, some dishes are over-priced, but overall, the value is quite good, and most dishes are priced well.

The food is great, and it beats out the other Chinese resturatunts in the area. I particularly like the Sautéed Vegetable, Cashew Chicken, Egg Foo-Yung and the basics such as General Tso's Chicken and fried rice.

Service is good. Overall, everyone is friendly and courtious. I've been going regularly to Far East (generally at least a few times a month for over six years now, so I've been there at least 150 times I'm guessing) and I really can't recall a single error with any of my orders, which has never happened with any other resturaunt I've been to.

Considering as a college student how much I eat out, I can say they are deffinitly the most reliable resturaunt I've ever been to. The food is prepared right in front of you, and almost never takes more than five or ten minutes, no matter how much you get.

The atmosphere is nice, although a little too "plain" since they moved to the larger building next door to the old location. But then again, most people get their orders to go, so the dining area is nice and generally quiet.

Overall, Far East is deffinitly one of my favorite resturaunts in the area. I'd say it's one of my three favorite places to go for food in Vestal. If you are in the area, and want some good Chinese good, this is the place to go!

2 Thank AdamMaxMad

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Chinese Food in Our...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2008