“A Perfect Date From Start to Finish”

P.S. Restaurant & Luxury Lounge
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Vestal
Cuisines: French, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My new boyfriend took me here for an amazing dinner, knowing I'm a bit of a food-obsessed girl :) The evening did not disappoint! We started with the Chicken Satay, which was simple and traditionally done. Tasty. For an entree I had the Marinated Tuna Stack -- which was absolutely outstanding! From the visual presentation to each component of the dish: spectacular! I could eat this every time I go there! My BF enjoyed the Shrimp Scallops with Asian Pesto, which was also very nicely presented and delicious. I was vacillating on a wine that would go with well with both dishes and decided on the Sauvion Vouvray, France (Bin 622) - it did not disappoint! Being that the portions were so properly sized, we both had room for dessert, and shared the pots de cream. It too was perfectly done. I highly recommend P.S. for any special occasion -- even if the occasion is simply wanting a fantastic meal!!

There are newer reviews for P.S. Restaurant & Luxury Lounge

Reviewed March 15, 2013

In recent years, I have become more and more annoyed with huge portions at restaurants. I want to send out a mass-mailing telling them to CU IT OUT! So I APPLAUD the PS Restaurant because they have PERFECT portion sizes, along with really amazing food! What does perfect mean? It's as though they actually read the portion size rules promoted by doctors and nutritionists. When portion sizes are correct it is actually possible to have an appetizer AND dessert. Recommended: Their potato-leak soup is heavenly and their striped sea bass was done just right!

1  Thank Gay C
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Love P.S.
The food is always great and the wine list is excellent. I've been there for a quiet dinner as well as a large group party and have never had a bad experience. The salmon is wonderful and so is the veal. The thai additions are superb too. It's all good! I highly recommend P.S.

1  Thank ccfitzny
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We recently had the opportunity to sample the current menu at PS. We have been coming to this restaurant for over 25 years, but had not been there for many years. The restaurant is in the corner of a strip mall, do not curse your gps when it delivers you to a grocery store parking lot! We had excellent service for our visit, everyone from the bartender to the owner were fabulous. I tried the fois gras for a starter. It was served with citrus and figs. It was done perfectly and the figs went well with it, but it was swimming in citrus sauce and it simply was too much and detracted from the presentation. The toast was too thick and had too much oil/butter and herbs, again the delicate flavor of the fois gras was hidden by the heavy layer of bread. We also had the satay which had a nice spicy peanut sauce but the chicken was dry. The lobster with crab was a wallet clearing $35, but wonderful with a rich sherry sauce. The pad Thai however was a disappointment. The description lead us to believe it would be served with a multitude of veggies and a tamarind sauce. The sauce was like no pad Thai that we had ever had.....it was quite acidic and lacked the tamarind flavor. The veggies consisted of a few spring onions on top of a huge serving of cellophane noodles. I would not recommend this dish unless you prefer mostly noodles and minimal veggies. We saved room for dessert and tried the bananas foster and the apple pie. The bananas foster was another dissappointment, it was mostly ice cream with a little sauce and only two or three slices of banana. The apple pie was fabulous. The crust was perfect and flavored with a hint of maple....excellent. We still love this place even with the disappointments, we will return and we recommend that you give it a try.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I visited P.S. Restaurant for the first time recently having received a gift certificate for Christmas. The servce was outstanding and the food was excellent We also enjoyed the atmosphere which was cozy, however we were not crowded. Recommend.