“First stay in Homewood Suites a big hit”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Groton, New York
“First stay in Homewood Suites a big hit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Having been a Choice Privileges member for many years, I recently decided to try out the Hilton Honors program and booked my first stay at this Homewood Suites. It was a lovely hotel in a great area and the complimentary breakfast was exceptional, as was the comfortable and cozy bedding! While I did not have time to use the pool or fitness center, I looked them over and found them to be very nice and very well-maintained, as well as spacious. I will definitely stay here and at any other Homewood Suites in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodBGMVEl, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Wow! You certainly make my job of marketing the hotel much easier. Thank you for the wonderful review and thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel was great. The extra room in the suite was wonderful, and having a full fridge was handy. The breakfast was nice in the mornings, with plenty of options. Fitness room was really nice, as was the pool. I will definitely stay here again. Also, a good diner right in front of the hotel, and Moe's and Panaera across the street. Nirchi's pizza and the Spiedie / rib pit right down across the street.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Wow! You certainly make my job of marketing the hotel much easier. Thank you for the wonderful review.
Endicott, NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

An excellent place to stay. Manger's reception provided excellent food and refreshments and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. Room was clean and excellently furnished. Check in only required a few minutes. Staff was helpful and answered questions when asked. Check out was simple and required little effort on my part.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Milford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is our favorite hotel in the area. The location and accommodations are excellent. Common areas are well appointed, comfortable and clean. Complimentary breakfast was great, had many selections that were regularly replenished. Staff is excellent.

Green Bay, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I am and have been a Marriott Gold member for a number of years. My wife and I thought that we would try a different hotel this time when we were visiting our children who go to college in town there. We researched and found that this hotel looked nice and so we thought we'd give it a try. My very first impression and conversation with the gentleman at the front desk was enough to make me never want to stay there again, much less that weekend. To summarize the conversation, there are two ways to say something...one way will upset the person, and the other will get the point across but not upset the person. I received the first! Fortunately the rest of the stay was very nice and the young lady at the front desk at departure was extremely friendly! They have a very nice fitness area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodBGMVEl, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
First of all thank you for staying with us and I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay. I do not have enough information to comment on the bad start but am certainly happy that your stay ended great. Thanks for staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton.
Staunton, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family of four arrived around 8:30 pm on Nov 10th. The eating area was dark and the fireplace was not on. Odd because it was freezing outside. We did not see the front desk attendant for a minute. He was watching TV in the darkened eating area. He finally asked if we were checking in. I told him yes. I was not greeted as a Hilton Honors member (I thought this was required by the brand). We requested a 4th floor room and was given one on the 3rd floor. When I asked what room we were in, he told me to open the envelope that the keys came in. Upon asking why we couldn't have a room on the 4th floor, I was told that the hotel doesn't like to put kids (ours are 4 and 7) on the top floors. I think (hope) he was joking. After signing the required paperwork, he went back to his tv watching. We were not even directed to the elevator. We had to find that on our own. The whole process was done in less than 1 minute. Overall, the check in seemed rushed and not really welcoming. All of the other Homewood Suites I have been in, the fireplace was always on in the colder months. This lobby was not really welcoming at all. This is why I gave the hotel an Average Rating.

Once we found the elevator, we were pleased by the cleanliness of the room. I have yet to have any issues with this in any Homewood Suites. That is why we always stay with this brand when we can.

Our room was overlooking the parking lot (odd numbered room) which made for a great view!! I have heard others complain about the views from their rooms being an apartment complex that is really close. It must be the even numbered rooms that have this view.

The only issues we had with the room was the strobe-like flashing of the smoke detector every 12 seconds. The other small issue was the noise that we were able to hear from the other rooms. The toilets flush loudly and you can here when they are flushed in the other rooms. We were also woken up by an alarm at 630am from another room. It was the vibration alarm from a phone. It was not an alarm clock.

The breakfast was typical of most Homewood Suites so there were no problems here. Very Clean area!!!

Check out was easy and painless and more friendly than the check in process!

We would stay here again, but I would hope that the initial first impression that the customer sees would be a bit better than what we experienced.

Room Tip: Odd Numbered Rooms get you the Parking Lot View instead of the Apartment View.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodBGMVEl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
I certainly apologize for the lack of the proper greeting when you arrived at our Homewood Suites. The person on duty that evening had not completed his full training and the supervisor had stepped away from the reception area. It is true that we try to discourage families with young children from our upper floors. This is to try to keep the noise level to a minimum and families generally prefer to be close to the pool, gift shop and dining area. As to the fireplace, during you visit it was out of order and was awaiting a new control unit. This has since been repaired. I hope that you find on you next visit a much more pleasant welcome from our staff.
Hudson Valley, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel three times over the past year. Most recently, we had the one bedroom suite, which gave me and my husband a nice, private bedroom while our son got to have the sofabed and his own TV and own space out in the living room area. Everything was clean, the were outlets in the lamps on the nightstand, free WIFI, the beds were comfortable. I particularly like the breakfast setup; it is classy and welcoming. I like having the option of using "real" dishes and forks, and there was a nice variety of hot and cold items. (Most recently, they offered cheese omelets and bacon as the hot items). After three stays, I can say that we have consistently had excellent experiences with this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We could definately hire you to be a spokesperson for Homewood Suites by Hilton. Come again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
#5 of 9 in Vestal
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 9 in Vestal

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal? Share your experiences!