“Problems in room 110”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is clean and maintained well. The lobby was well decorated with plenty of comfortable seating. The staff was great and the breakfast offered was pretty good--waffles, pancakes, bacon, cereal, fruit and coffee. I had problems in my room with the shower temerature. Tepid was the as hot as the water got no matter how much I turned it up. I had an additional problem in that the room I was in had a window facing the parking lot with an exterior spot light shinning in. This would not be a problem had there been drapes that could be used to block this out but unfortunately the drapes they had were partial leaving a 2' gap for this intense light to shine in all night. The room itself had a nice decor. It was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodBGMVEl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for any discomfort you may have had with the water. The hotel must adhere to brand standards set by Hilton. Anti-scald mixers are required to be set at a maximum temperature of 110 degrees. The other brand standard that we also have is blackout curtains in all windows. If the curtains needed to be adjusted, our maint. staff would have been pleased to do that. Homewood Suites endeavors to provide our guests with the best service and accommodations while maintaining the requirements required and expected by our brand. I hope that you will give us another opportunity if you return to the area in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a nice hotel with spacious rooms, new furniture and fixtures, and very clean. But the building materials and infrastructure leave something to be desired. We stayed on a Friday night with lots of families in the hotel and could hear constant foot steps and moving furniture in the room above us. My son could hear the TV next door until late in the night. And the toilets sound like an explosion when anyone flushes.

Room Tip: go for the top floor - we were on the first.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodBGMVEl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for your discomfort this past weekend. We had an unusually high concentration of families with young children and although the staff tried their best to make sure children were not running around unsupervised; we were not able to monitor the entire building at once. Under usual occupancy we generally do not have any noise issues. We strive to provide our guests the best service and accommodations while maintaining the value expected of our brand, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality experience you deserve from us should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am currently staying at the hotel until friday and have had a wonderful experience. They property is really nice with very kind people. They provide free drinks in evening, free dinner and the nicest work out facilities that I have ever experienced with a hotel at this level. I think they have 5 health club grade treadmills, ellipticals, free weight, etc.

They are on vestal parkway where all the action is for food, shopping and business in general. As I am a frequent traveler, I really appreciate their level to details and overall demeanor.

Mike B

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodBGMVEl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

First, thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites by Hilton for your meetings this week. I must give credit to my staff for all the kind remarks that you made regarding our hotel. The staff here truly does enjoy working in the hospitality industry and meeting new people. Our goal at the hotel is that all of guests feel like the Homewood Suites is a second home to them. I also want to thank you for noticing that our fitness center is one of the finest and largest that you will find in any hotel of our size. Enjoy yourself for the rest of the week and please let us know if we may assist you with anything else while you are here.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel was HOME from the first visit before we even committed to staying with them for an extended stay. First meeting, we felt like family. First week was a trying week for the hotel (fire alarm problems) and they made sure we were taken care of daily. Maury hosted a wonderful Super Bowl party for the guests and when we had to move on- it was the hardest move we have made. We did not want to leave and can not wait to go back! We miss you all at Homewood Suites. ALL of the employees were top notch!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet even with guests on each side and above us and near a door.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodBGMVEl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Sheila,
One of the best things about working in the hospitality industry is meeting wonderful people from all over the country and the world. The entire team sends our best wishes to you and your husband. Please come back soon and thank you for your gracious comments about our hotel.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

After a long day at work and driving over an hour I am greeted by a warm friendly face. Ana you were wonderful when I arrived this evening. My room is lovely and as all rooms have a kitchen I was able to make a lovely cup of tea. The beds are the most comfortable I have been in and the whole place is clean. If you want to break up a journey North or South this is where you need to be.

Room Tip: Kick back and enjoy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodBGMVEl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Anna is just one of our outstanding Guest Service Agents that may be found at the Homewood Suites in Binghamton/Vestal and I certainly agree that one of the best things that you can see when entering a hotel after a long drive is a smiling face. Thank you for all the nice comments our hotel. Anna, the rest of the staff, and I hope that you return to visit us again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend as part of a synchronized swim meet in the area. The highways around Vestal are somewhat confusing, and the area isn't the high rent district, but there are a lot of restaurants nearby (Panera across the street), lots of other hotels, and the staff was so very helpful. We got in after 11pm and our reservation was right there at the front desk, so checkin was quick and easy. The room was big (I'm not used to seeing a real multi-room suite anymore: seems like everyone calls a room with a half-divider and a refrigerator a suite these days.) Needed a corkscrew for our bottle of wine and there was one right there in a kitchen drawer. Nice!

HVAC was good: two thermostats, one for each room. 2 real-HD HDTVs: not a flat panel pretending to be high-def. Comfortable furniture (fell asleep on the couch), and good working fixtures (toilet was a little scary with the power-flush at first, but it works, so who's complaining?) The walls are a little thin: could hear a lot of clunking around upstairs at 6am the next morning, but we had not yet learned how to set the HVAC fan to always-on.

Breakfast was excellent. Lots of options, good scrambled egg mixture with fresh bacon and sausage, 2 waffle makers, and delicious pastry and yogurts. (in addition to all the usual suspects).

Pool looked decent (indoors -- didn't use), but didn't see a hot tub (didn't have a chance to use it anyway). Wife used fitness center: Decent of equipment in a clean room, but everyone walking by can see you working out, and no deluxe amenities. Fine for limited use.

We didn't qualify for the finals the next day so we ended up checking out at 10pm, planning to pay for 2 nights, and to our surprise we were only charged one night!!! Love it! This place totally rocks! Definitely will recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodBGMVEl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I was out of town traveling myself while you stayed at my hotel and it is great to know that my team does an excellent job whether I am at the hotel or away. I have extended my thanks to them already after reading your review. Hopefully you will make the finals next year. Please come back soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend as part of a hockey road trip in Syracuse and Binghamton. What a lovely hotel! The staff were incredibly friendly. I called an hour and half before check-in just to double check what time we could check-in (3pm) and I gave my name and was told my room was ready so I could arrive as soon as I'd like. That was great news as we'd driven from south jersey so we wanted to relax before doign anything. The room was just beautiful. Clean!! Nice kitchen and nice big fridge. Good large tv that swivelled so you could watch tv in bed, desk abd chair, a nice sofa, huge shower so 2 people could share it ;) The bed was the most comfy bed Ive ever slept in. I slept like a log! Breakfast was nice. Hot sausage patties, potatoes, a make your own waffle bar, cereal, fruit, toast, bagels, 3 fruit juices and a lovely dining area. I was overly impressed with the hotel and would definately stay there again when passing through.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206, great room apart from the ice machine outside in the coridor was a little noi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HomewoodBGMVEl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Our Vestal Homewood Suites by Hilton is proud of our reputation of giving excellent customer service in clean, comfortable surroundings. The food and beverage staff here is one of the best groups that I have seen in my 25 years of working in the hotel industry. Since this is a new hotel, most of the staff have never worked at a hotel before but they are much better than hotel staffs at some of the large resorts. Thank you for staying and come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Candlewood Suites Vestal - Binghamton
Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal? Share your experiences!