“Great Food”
Review of Plaza Diner - CLOSED

Plaza Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wonderful food & service. The location is easy to get to and close to hotels. The Greek Platter is great, Meatloaf has a greek flavor so keep that in mind

There are newer reviews for Plaza Diner

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was staying at the adjacent Homewood Suites last week and needed to lunch on my own. I drove around the parking lot at Panera about 4 times before giving up on finding a parking spot. I decided to try the Plaza for a take-out sandwich and my order was taken promptly. I enjoyed the sandwich back at the hotel and it was a lot more food than you get for the money at Panera.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My best friend and I went to have a nice mid-week lunch. We were promptly seated, but then passed by at least four waitresses multiple times and waited for about 10 minutes to anyone to approach us. My friend and I were just about to get up and leave when the waitress came over and wanted to know if we were ready to order. She was very unpleasant to us and we already were having a bad dining experience, but my friend and I hoped the food would turn our time around. Unfortunately, the salad I ordered was COVERED in ranch dressing (I could not tell the difference between an olive and grape tomato...that is how saturated my salad was)...I picked at it, eagerly hoping for a better entree. When I have gotten salads here in the past, the dressing was always on the side. The food was brought out promptly...I wasn't even done with the salad yet, but they got my best friend's order wrong. The waitress tried to blame it on my friend, saying that was what she ordered, though we both knew it was not. My friend asked for the order to be corrected and the waitress was huffy about it and brought it back to the kitchen.

Finally, my best friend and I got to eat...even after the order correction, she said she did not enjoy her meal. My meal was okay, but I could have made better at home probably. In addition, when we needed refills, the waitress never came, though she was quick to drop off the check briefly after she gave us our meals. Unfortunately, the cashier was almost as rude as our waitress. No hello, how was your meal, etc. I'm not sure if it is because we are two females in our mid-to-late 20s and that was the reason for the poor service or what...

During my last trip to this diner with my husband...probably several months ago, the service wasn't great then either, but the food was really good and the portions were large, so it made up for the lack of service. Unfortunately based on this experience, I never plan to go back.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We arrived for a very late dinner, at 9:30PM, and were seated promptly and served delicious food very quickly. Our server was attentive and friendly. The tuna melt deluxe was delicious, along with the sweet potato fries. My husband and son also thorougly enjoyed their meals. We left satisfied after a long, difficult day of driving. The cashier was also friendly and attentive. If you want good food and great service after a hard day, take a break at the Plaza diner.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We visit family in the area quite often and always stop at the Plaza for breakfast and desserts to go. Breakfast is great, lots of choices and large portions. The pancakes are very good. The deserts are amazing! Huge portions of cakes, the carrot is excellent, and must have chocolate chip cookies the size of a frisbee! The prices are very reasonable. Not fancy but worth the trip.