“The Extra Mile”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Angie went the extra mile for us while traveling to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Trouble with the internet was quickly solved, a fine restaurant was recommended and she retrieved [and called me at my next stop] when I forgot an important personal item in my room. The manager, Kelli, also was gracious, helpful and discreet with the process.

We would highly recommend the Comfort Suites in Vestal, NY, if you are traveling in the area. We will plan to stay there on our next visit to NY.

R. Preuss

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I'm from Ithaca, and I often stay in the Binghamton area when I have early morning Court appearances. The best choice by far in terms of safety, location, and value is this Comfort Inn. Better to stay in Vestal than in the other surrounding areas. Vestal parkway (Rte 434) offers a wide range of restaurants (Starbucks, Panera, Dunkin-Donuts, Grills, Diners, etc.) and shopping.

It is not the cheapest place to lay your head down ($125 with AAA) in this region but you can rest assured of a great (pretty solid mattress) bed, and a well kept property. It is also extremely quiet (the hotel was almost at full capacity), and I "heard" nothing (room #228)

Just a few dislikes, not to be "too" picky:

pillows are not fluffy (more foamy), and not easy to compress
breakfast was just Ok, the presentation was definitely lacking, sorry no great shakes here
shower and water pressure are meh

Nothing above should distract you from this property. It's a 10 for the area.
BTW The staff is upbeat and on top of their game, Sam has checked me in on multiple occasions, and has always immediately addressed any issues.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Newman019
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I've stayed here twice now, both times in January. The first time was two years ago, and I had the impression then that the hotel had recently opened. Apparently they were still getting the kinks worked out, because we arrived on an exceptionally cold winter's evening only to discover that our room was unheated -- and the heater worked so slowly that it took over twenty-four hours to reach the cooler side of tolerable! My review might have been a few stars lacking had I written it then. I went back a couple weeks ago and had a much more comfortable experience, no problems at all with the temperature or accommodations. The rooms are quite spacious.

The reason I keep going back to Comfort Suites despite the presence of other, more established brands in the vicinity, is that the rooms are equipped with small, empty refrigerators. I usually show up with some food or a bottle of wine, so it's nice to have a place to chill them. Make sure to bring your own corkscrew or bottle opener, though! Otherwise you'll have to beg to borrow one from the kitchen downstairs, and it's an iffy proposition.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed here Dec 2nd for 1 night for my daughter's cheerleading competition and it went well. The lobby was beautiful and the room was also. We stayed in 307. There was plenty of room and it was clean- as long as you didn't move the furniture. lol So, a deep clean is needed soon- but it served our purpose well. ;) We enjoyed the breakfast. It was available from 7-10 am. There was boiled eggs, yogurt, muffins, bagels, cereal, breakfast croissants (egg, cheese, sausage), waffles and blueberry waffles- you make them fresh on a waffle maker. There was also TONS of fresh fruit to choose from. My daughter was in heaven with all of those choices. :)

We were in a rush to get out the door, and had to move some furniture to get to use the outlet better and I wasn't able to move it all back. My apologies to the staff!!! Thanks for a great stay. We will be back if we come back to the area! ;)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank InaNYminute
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Stayed here on parent's weekend at the last minute. It was a bit pricey because of that, but comparable to most of the other hotels. The room with a king bed was so spacious and the bed was ultra comfortable. The wireless worked well, which is often not the case at other places we've stayed. Also, has a pull out sofa-bed, which my son said was a bit more comfortable than other places. I needed to do my son's laundry and the laundry room was clean and also quite spacious. The person at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I noticed a large family that were able to order take out and allowed to use the breakfast area! I thought that was nice! Breakfast was just okay, but still it's included!! Even though it was extremely busy at breakfast the girl working kept things stocked and cleaned up!! The exercise room was a bit small for my liking, but everything else was great! I have stayed at a few different hotels in the area and this will now be my regular hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel and were very disappointed! We went there for a romantic birthday getaway and to visit her son, who is attending Binghampton. We opted for the "Hot tub suite". What a joke!!!! the room was naturally large enough, and the bed very comfortable. The first night we were tired from the drive and just had dinner and went to bed. we showered in the morning and continued on with our day. However, after dinner the following evening, and with the snow, we thought it would be nice to take advantage of the "hot Tub". Even with no cold water running, the tub was barely luke warm, and took forever to fill to a level where the jets could be turned on. We decided to just go in anyway, despite the coolness of the water, and when the jets were turned on, black chunks were filling the tub. We got out and went to the desk to voice our disappointment, however the polite young man at the counter could not do anything as far as maintenance is concerned . He did however check the other room that offered a hot tub only to find that there was no hot water in that room either. He said that a note would be left and the Manager would look after this.. Upon checkout the Sunday morning, I was surprised to be charged the full amount for the room despite the tub not working, the young lady at the counter asked me to call the Manager on Monday and that there was a note on our folio that indicated a problem with our stay. I called the manager on Monday, and told her of our disappointing experience, she said that she was unaware that there was a problem with our stay, but offered a less than sincere apology and said that she would look into the matter, she seemed like she could not get off the phone fast enough. Later I received an e-mail from the manager with nothing more than an adjusted amount on our bill, she took 30 dollars off a nearly 400 dollar bill. I responded to her adjustment to say that it was not acceptable, and that an apology or an explanation would have been very welcomed. She responded that she did in fact apologize when she called....wrong!!!!!! and that she did send an apology along with the adjusted folio.
She went on to say that customer service is very important, however, the apology was the same one you would get from a fast food joint ( you know the one) "sorry about the wait, see you soon".
Perhaps their regular rooms are fine, but when you are paying for an upgrade and it does not function properly, I think that a sincere apology is the least they could do.
I would much rather stayed at the Hampton Inn just down the road, it was a lot larger, cleaner, quiter and cheaper.
Seriuosly disgruntled former customer

Room Tip: go to the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank damnskippy_11
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed here two years ago and everything was great so we went back a few weeks ago. Our son was competing in a Karate Tournament nearby and we all got a great nights sleep before the tournament. A very pleasant check in, the young front desk personnel both checking in and out were just great. There were cookies, a bit over baked but there were cookies when we checked in. Room was exactly the same as last time, big, clean and comfortable. We were on the street side but there wasn't a whole lot of road noise. They must have really insulated the rooms unlike some other hotels we've stayed in.
Breakfast was okay, the usual included breakfast, nothing special but enough to get you going in the morning.
We will definitely go back to this hotel if we're in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family