“Dirty Sheets But The Rest was Fine”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I've never stayed in a Holiday Inn before. We usually go with something in Marriott chain but the rate was better and the reviews were good. The hotel lobby was really nice, and the breakfast room was bigger than we'd expected. The standard room we had across from the pool was fine - spacious enough for 2 adults & 2 small children. When I pulled back the sheets to inspect the bed, one bed was clean, but the other had not had a change of sheets and was covered in someone's hair - and I do mean covered - it was disgusting. The front desk moved us to the next room which was a suite, at no charge, but with a bit of an attitude when the desk said "enjoy all your extra space" in a snarky way after we'd moved into the new room. We were only staying 1 night on a road trip - it's not like we had all this time to enjoy the extra space! The breakfast room by the way was very well stocked and the woman taking care of the breakfast that morning was great - kept it very clean and even offered to turn the TV in the breakfast room on to cartoons for our kids (I'm sure the business travelers would have cringed!) The pool was on the cold side, but the kids enjoyed it anyway.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank easthamptontraveler

Reviewed December 2, 2009

I'll start by saying I am a fan of the Holiday Inn hotel chain to begin with. This hotel is brand new and has a great location, right on the Vestal Parkway, close to Binghamton University and plenty of places to shop and eat. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and spacious. Great stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We stayed for one night to break up the journey from Niagra Falls to New York . Room was clean and spacious. Staff very friendly. Breakfast is what you would expect from HIE - my first cinnamon rolls of my holiday!!!! awesome - friendly breakfast staff. Nice location with restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My family was on a 10-night trip around New York state. We stayed in many hotels, but this was one of the nicest. The property is new, the rooms were large and nicely appointed. The indoor pool as nice and clean.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Stayed at this hotel while visiting my daughter at the nearby university. Rooms are a good size and well equiped. Pool and fitness area although small are fine and the buffet breakfast which is complimentary is really good.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The front desk staff was helpful and polite. They allowed us to check in early without additional fees. Rooms were comfy and clean. Pool was a bit cold for our little kids but that is my only complaint. Will stay here again on our next trip to visit family.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2009

After reading horrific reviews for a number of hotels in the area, landed on the Holiday Inn Express. Extremely happy with the choice, the hotel is less than a year old and it shows.

Room:
The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated, which I'm sure is a function of the hotel being brand new. Ours had a flatscreen TV, refrigerator, desk & a table/chairs. Only complaint was the bed, which was just ok (but I'm really picky about beds, so take that with a grain of salt).

Staff:
The staff we with whom we interacted were polite and helpful. No problems checking in or out.

I took advantage of the fitness center, which has a treadmill, exercise bike and elliptical machine. It abuts an indoor pool. There's a complimentary continental breakfast which included a standard array of hot and cold items. Food wasn't bad and everything that should have been hot, was and everything that was supposed to be cold was too. There's also a diner right next door if you'd prefer a wider choice of breakfast options.

Area:
The hotel is located on a main drag with plenty of restaurants & shopping centers within a short drive. It seemed like a good area and I had no safety concerns.

Price:
I noticed a review that called the hotel a ripoff. This was not the case for me; I found it competitively priced with other hotels in the area and in line with what I'd expect to pay for a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is near Binghampton University and I did NOT travel on graduation weekend, I assume prices are higher when there are functions at the school/in the area that drive additional demand.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Courtyard by Marriott Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal? Share your experiences!