“Will definately stay here again”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Will definately stay here again”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a very clean, bright and family friendly hotel. Our room was great. Not one complaint. The staff was great, everything was clean with attention to detail and our room was quiet. I was looking forward to breakfast and wasn't really disappointed but will tell you if you want a full service breakfast, go elsewhere. There are many places to pick from but all things considered it was included so it worked for both my husband and myself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank babs067
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful review. You're right, while we are not a full service breakfast we do offer our Wonderful Cinnamon Buns and New Pancake Machine. Our 24 hour staff is very knowledgeable on all types of different restaurants in the area which, as you said are all around here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed at HIE while passing through Aug 3-4. Clean room and hotel grounds. A pleasant surprise in Binghamtom area. Easy to get to. Very friendly and helpful staff. Best night sleep in our vacation so far. We happened to be at HIE while a number of AAU girls basketball players were in town. Only downfall was breakfast supplies and food choices were practically gone by the time we go down there with 90 minutes yet to go. This coupled with the pancake maker not working made for a limited breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We are very happy that you were pleasantly surprised while here in Binghamton. We hope that you'll stop by and see us again soon! As for the breakfast lacking in food choices I can only apologize and thank you for letting me know so that I can be sure that it doesn't happen again. We are as disappointed as you all are with the pancake machine. It's a new item and as such unfortunately is having it's "growing pains." We have actually just received our Brand New Pancake Machine and hopefully will have no more issues with it. Thank you for being so kind and understanding. We look forward to seeing you again (this time with Hot pancakes!)
Copiague
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here for one night July 30-31, 2012 for my daughter's orientation at Binghamton University. I do not usually write reviews unless I am unhappy. This is an exception. I was pleasantly surprised. This Holiday Inn Express was clean, the breakfast had a wide variety, the rooms were clean, and we had plenty of towels. Mark was excellent. He even followed up on a fax for me with a call to my cell phone. Thanks mark, you are the best. I was accommodated with a late check out to fit into the orientation schedule. I will definitely be staying here when ever I am visiting my daughter for the next 4 years. I wish I could stay her for family weekend October 27th -28th, but I started to look too late related to personal reasons and the price is too high to book this late. I will definitely book early next next year. I am looking forward to my stay here in August on move in day for Binghamton University

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We are honored that you took the time to write just a glowing review. Both negative and positive reviews help improve our hotels. Mark is a great asset to our hotel, he always seems to go above and beyond for our guests. We look forward to seeing you in August and throughout the next four years!
Hallstead, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We experienced some unnerving issues in our home-town with a power outage that left us the inability to get into our home. We were in need of a hotel with a computer so we could work while away from home. It wasn't much past 11 am. The hotel nearby wouldn't even consider letting us check in early. This hotel not only let us check in early, but, gave us the room with the jacuzzi!! The room was spacious, clean, and beautiful, with an abundance of pillows!! There was a ziplock bag of forks, spoons, knives, plates in the cupboard in case you need them. The staff is very gracious and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
You're very right, it was a trying time all around! Power outages are never fun. We were very happy that we were able to help you and are glad that you were able to enjoy the Suite. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again.
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Thanks for the extended convenience of holding our personal belongings. Friendly staff and very clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charger1967
LaurieStanchak, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
You are very welcome! We pride ourselves in our Customer Service! We're glad to know that you felt your belongings were as safe as you were while you were here! We look forward to seeing you again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend a graduation. It was very clean and well maintained and in a good location with lots of stores & restaurants nearby. Loved having the mimi-fridge, microwave and coffee maker (didn't use the coffee maker as were were just a few doors down from the hotel's coffee set-up). The breakfast was good---both hot & cold food. Room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. Staff very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. We are very proud of our hotel and our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Clean enough. Very helpful staff. NO HOT TUB. The first of my disappointments in hotels out east. I never dreamed they would build new hotels with indoor pools without hot tubs. Last year we traveled in the midwest and west, with a hot tub in each one (needed for my back after the long day's travel). It never occurred to me that I would need to check when I booked this trip out East. Dirty breakfast area. Out of cooked oatmeal (at 8:15) and the hostess directed me to the packaged oatmeal, without offering new cooked oatmeal...which was never replenished. Poor fruit options. Area around the hotel is very noisy. Highway construction is a nightmare. Quaint diner right in front of the hotel...good food and large amounts..but expect diner atmosphere. All hotels in the area seem to be pretty steep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I'm very happy that you found the hotel to be clean and the staff helpful. I'm sorry though for the disappointment regarding the hot tub (or lack thereof) We were advised not to add one for Health and Sanitary reasons. We do however have rooms with private Jacuzzi in them.
While we pride ourselves on having a larger than average Breakfast area I do apologize for the lack of items that you encountered. I have directed these comments to our breakfast staff so that this issue does not happen again.
I totally agree about the construction, it's always crazy in the Northeast during the summer.
I thank you for all of your comments and hope that the rest of your trip through the Northeast is wonderful.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 9 in Vestal

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal? Share your experiences!