“My worst experience ever in a hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Vestal
Woodmere, New York
“My worst experience ever in a hotel”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I reserved a room here on line costing over 200.00. When I arrived I was given a room adjacent to the lounge, pool, and elevator, which was also right by the front entrance. It was unbearably loud. When I asked for a change of room, I was told that I was unable to do that. Not only that, I was responsible to pay for the room even if I left because it was past the deadline to cancel. It was loud until after 4 AM. A deaf person would have been unable to sleep. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel in 55 years.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else in Vestal
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnVestal, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is our #1 concern. The staff member who you spoke with believed that you were satisfied with the additional points which he applied to your Priority Club account; otherwise, he would have checked to see what else he could have done to rectify the situation. What you had booked on line was a package deal, which included a Jacuzzi Suite and Gas Card. Unfortunately, we only have two Jacuzzi Suites on property and the other room was in use already, which is why you could not be moved at 4 AM. That weekend we did have a large wedding party in house, and the staff tried to contain them in the Great Room upon their return from the wedding. I'm very sorry that your room was the only one of its type available. I hope that the additional discount, which our Front Desk Manager sent to you, will tempt you to come back, give us another try, and allow us to win back your faith in the Holiday Inn Express Brand.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Had a recent business trip in Binghamton, stayed for 3 nights. Fairly new hotel, staff very helpful, rooms clean. Free breakfast was ok but it was free so not really complaining. Only thing was an odd odor in the main foyer and elevator, almost like plastics that were curing as I said a newer hotel so it may be construction material just curing. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Hotel is attractive and quiet, even though it's off a busy street. Room was nice and comfortable, and conveniently located near the pool, fitness center, and breakfast buffet room.

Staff was nice and accommodating. Free breakfast buffet was very nice, as was the fitness center.

My biggest complaint is the pool. It was cloudy and had small bugs in it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
LaurieScurry, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
I would like to Thank you for your kind words as well as the constructive criticism for our property. I would like to specifically respond to your pool area complaints if I may. I thank you for letting us know that the pool was cloudy. I have addressed that issue and the pool has been cleared up. Apparently the Bromine levels had gone lower than normal. The bug issue is unfortunately due to the fact that the windows are being opened. We have also addressed that and I do not believe that if will be an issue in the future. Again Thank you for your words and I do hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We stayed in Vestal for two nights -- and moved over to a suite in the Holiday Inn Express for the second night after discovering the suites were less-than-desirable at the Courtyard by Marriott.

In short, you get much more for your money here. The suites are roomier and have two queen beds as well as a pullout couch. And, not only was the room less expensive, it included breakfast. Amen to saving another $40 plus tip.

My only complaint: the pool area needs much, much, much more insulation. The decibel levels were exceedingly, ear bleedingly loud. I brought my kids down for a swim (in the cold water) and had to leave <5 minutes later due to shrieking kids -- a sound I normally tolerate well. It was so painful that my children were glad to leave, as well.

Oh, and the front desk staff is unbelievably nice, warm, engaging, friendly, funny, etc. They took great care of us and it was much appreciated.

Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Vermont
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Spent one night while looking at SUNY Binghamton with my sons. The road (494) is not pretty, but this property is set back enough to block the noise. The hotel was full but there was no noise in our third floor room. We were put in a first floor room, but were easily switched when I asked to move from the ground floor. The room was nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was nicer than most chains.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
LaurieScurry, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
The management and staff always appreciate hearing a nice word about a guests stay here at the hotel. If your sons decide to attend Binghamton Univeristy I hope we will be seeing a lot more of you! Thank you.
Philadelphia
Reviewed January 2, 2011

My husband was in Binghamton for work and I went with him. This Holiday Inn Express was great. The room was immaculate. The bathroom was practically sparking, it was so clean. The bed was also really comfortable. It felt really luxurious, far past our expectations. The front desk staff was very friendly and the entire hotel just had a really nice feel and ambiance to it. If you find yourself in Binghamton/Vestal, definitely stay here!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
LaurieScurry, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind words. It's always wonderful to hear how much a guest enjoyed their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2010

we're doing a long term stay to make our transition from nyc to binghamton and holiday inn express hotel and suites in binghamton university-vestal has become our home away from home. The staff is friendly and accommedating.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cupcake077
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vestal
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 9 in Vestal

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal? Share your experiences!