“I liked how there was snow white n the seven dwarfs”

Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Verona Beach
Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Verona Beach
“I liked how there was snow white n the seven dwarfs”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

It was cute n cozy and nice location but had no hot water!

• Stayed May 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I was in town for Sylvan Beach Amusement Park and had decided ahead of time that I was going to stick around for the night instead of driving towards the next day's destination. The motel is located on a quiet mostly residential street and backs up to a state park. The actual town of Sylvan Beach is about a mile down the road which you may or may not prefer.

Merle was very nice and remembered me from an e-mail I had sent before my trip. She was also interested as to why a teenager was looking for a hotel in rural New York (I was on an amusement park road trip).

My room was in what I assume is its original condition, which I honestly had no problem with as it was spotless. The bed was comfortable, though a bit more firm than I'm used to seeing at hotels. I actually prefer a firmer bed, but I can understand how someone could find it uncomfortable. The wall air conditioning unit did a fine job keeping the room cool. There was free wi-fi and my laptop had no problem getting a signal.

The bathroom was indeed very small. The toilet nearly impeded on the sink. The shower's head wasn't over my head, and I'm only about 6'. Since I didn't spend too much time in there I can't mark down too much, but this could be a concern if you have a whole morning routine.

I paid $65 for my room. My initial reaction was that it's on the verge of being expensive but since Sylvan Beach is a classic resort town this is actually cheaper than other hotels in the area. I would've paid something similar or more for a chain along the turnpike, anyways.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay. My room was clean and comfortable and I felt welcomed. If my travels bring me to Sylvan Beach again I will see if a room is available at the Dwarf Line Motel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank VGplay
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Merle was nice and helpful and let us bring out pets. She also made a good effort to socialize and make us feel welcome.
The condition of the cottages needs updating and looks like it's original from the 50's.
Seems to have original bed/mattresses, rugs, decor etc.
AC in window did not work.
Had a musty 1950's smell.
Could have stayed at state park much cheaper!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Xtaline

Travelers are raving about these Verona Beach hotels

New York
Reviewed August 21, 2009

First let me say the owner was very pleasant. Access to the beach was across the street and behind thier house was nice. The rooms were a different story. Very old uncomfortable mattress, 2 1/2' x 5' SMALL bathroom, no phone or clock radio, dirty and run down.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kmartcowboy
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I don't think Merele likes families with children who are looking to have a good time? She was purely evil during our visit we would never go back and never recommend!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Enzo S
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed June 18, 2009

My friend and I stayed for a long girls weekend and had a great time. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Merle and John are very friendly people and helpful. I left my phone charger behind and she called me right away. Since we were only 5 minutes away, we were able to turn right around and get it.
It was a great experience and we will definitely book again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Landybreigh
New York
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We just got back from a "girls weekend away" and I just had to write in my review.... First I have to say that Merle is AWESOME... we truly felt as if she were a new family member and we look very forward to going back next year!!! She is awesome, we got a little lost on the thru way and called her several times and she got us to Dwarfline safe and sound.

The cottage was adorable, Yes it was built in the 50's and that definitely gave it character.. the beds were comfortable.. the futon in the living room was extremely comfortable and the knottypine is so comforting... There is beach access right across the street going through MERLES yard.

The area is beautiful and quiet...

Mr VanBuren is such a character himself... he is Merles dog, If you like dogs, you will LOVE this one..

As I have said, we can not wait to go back next year.....

Thanks again Merle for all the wonderful conversations and help that you gave us...
See you next year!!!!!!!!!!

Heather

The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Cinderella's Suites
Cinderella's Suites
#1 of 2 in Sylvan Beach

Been to Dwarf Line Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!