“Paper thin walls!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Turning Stone

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Verona
Inn at Turning Stone
Ranked #1 of 3 Verona B&B and Inns
“Paper thin walls!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Overall appearance is nice. Pricing was good. Walls are PAPER THIN! We could hear every little thing in our neighbors room and out in the hall. Went to get some breakfast in the morning down off the main lobby and their were some people eating breakfast in that room and we ended up leaving and getting breakfast at Dunkin Donuts because there was nooo room for us to even get to the food or drinks.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Krista A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Inn is a decent basic hotel. I was able to check into my room at 1PM and the staff were very friendly. The room did smell a bit musty, but it wasn't noticeable after a few minutes. It is very close to the main Turning Stone Resort.

I was concerned about the noise level from other reviews here. I could hear voices when in the hallway, but not in my room. Maybe it was luck or because it was a week night, but I believe the Inn was pretty full. I did bring and wear earplugs just in case. There was a little noise coming from the road outside of my window and in the morning I did hear some moving about.

The worst thing was probably the breakfast. I was not expecting much for a free breakfast at budget hotel and found some complaints about it being "carb heavy" a little silly. My complaint isn't so much with the offerings, but the presentation and quality was really poor. The batter for the waffle maker was only in unsealed individual cups that sat out. There were melting butter pads sitting out of toast. There were bags of bread thrown on the counter. The weirdest part was an old soda cooler that contained various sized cartons of half used milk if you needed it for cereal or coffee. It was really unappealing. I think they would do better just offering some muffins and coffee in the morning rather than an expanded offering they really can't execute.

Overall I would stay here again, especially on a weeknight.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Martville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were offered a free room by Turning Stone and since we weren't able to upgrade to the Hotel at the Casino, we stayed there. The place is clean and the staff is very nice, but some little things bugged me. We had light bulbs that didn't work, and at breakfast the toaster as well as the waffle maker gave us trouble. Our phone wasn't working until I pulled out the bedside table and played around with the wires in back, no dial tone, and the shower head sprayed out a stream of water instead of a spray (although my husband said he got a spray which probably means a water pressure issue).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy14326
buffalo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

The best thing I can say about this place is it is clean and staff is very polite. Now for the rest of the story. The walls a paper thin! I was in the last room at the end of the hall or I'm sure it would have been worse. I listened to the guy in the next room snoring. I heard someone being intimate. Someone's alarm woke me at 5 AM (and I am not a light sleeper). Listen to someone hacking up a lung in the morning. Could clearly hear the conversation of the snorer and significant other as if they were in the same room with me. Never again! I was traveling and needed a good night's sleep because I was going to be on the road all day. That didn't happen.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank djlamlBuffalo
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed at The Inn at Turning Stone last summer while doing a local book signing. I thought the hotel itself was nice, and "sufficient," although lacking in the bits of luxury that are found in the tower. The rooms are smaller and less modern, and the building itself is not inside the complex, but down the road a short distance. (The hotel does provide shuttle buses to the casino, if you don't want to drive.)

I would stay here again if I wanted to save money, but it is not the same experience as staying at the casino.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Larry W
Camden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Staff was wonderful. Manager was awesome and went out of his way to accommodate my family! Rooms were also great! Everything about this hotel was superb! Would definitely recommend staying here, especially for the price and convenience of the shuttle!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Shelli W
Fair Haven, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Didn't make reservations until the night of our stay. Still able to get a room for under $100. Wish I would have known I could use the pool before I got there. (Had no bathing suit as it was Jan.) But still had a good time. Shuttle service was very quick.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
The Hotel at Turning Stone Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Vernon Downs Hotel
Vernon Downs Hotel
#2 of 2 in Vernon

Been to Inn at Turning Stone? Share your experiences!