The Lodge at Turning Stone
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona(Verona)(Great Value!)
$99
$76
$90
Relax Inn(Rome)
$70
All reviewsturn down serviceskana spaturning stonevip suitewildflowers restaurantgolf coursewild flowersliving roomrobes and slippersfire pithot tubget awaysteam roomlarge balconyice bucketmineral poolts steakhouse
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I went to the Lodge for the first time to celebrate his birthday. The Lodge is beautiful, top quality. We were treated with excellent service the entire time upon our arrival. The accommodations were very quiet and peaceful. The spa, Skana, was exceptional. We had a wonderful dinner at the TS Steakhouse and great breakfast at the Wildflower at the Lodge. That greatness ended upon the return of our car from the FREE complimentary valet parking. As we walked to our car we could not help but notice bright yellow scraped down our car starting with the side view mirrors, down the side of the car with paint missing and small dents near the rear passenger door. When we pointed this out to the valet attendants, the attendants said that the car was like that when we left it off, they showed us a card where the damage was circled when we dropped it off - we were never shown any such card nor signed off on anything. They also said that there is no yellow where it could have happened. We were not impressed at all with the valet attendants that were there at that time. The front office manager, Front Office Manager, Nicolas Marquez, was the only one that seemed truly sincere and wants to find resolve. The Nation police came - at first we felt like they too were accusing us of our car being that way upon arrival. Supposedly they are investigating, although we are not keeping our fingers crossed that we will hear back with any results. Upon leaving the resort, we saw yellow posts everywhere.
We would advise to not use their valet parking. If you do use it, take photos of your car upon arrival and request to look over the car with an attendant. Make note of your mileage too. Someone is definitely lying within the valet parking area....someone that does not want to get in trouble. We are not sure if we will return, even after having such a good time. And we are spreading the word to all that we can here in the Central New York area to beware.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori L
TS_Management, Manager at The Lodge at Turning Stone, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Lodge, along with so many of the amenities that our resort has to offer. In regards to the Lodge Valet, please rest assured that your claim is being taken very seriously. There is indeed an investigation underway and you will definitely be contacted upon conclusion. Until then, if you have any questions or concerns, our Lodge Front Office Manager, Nicolas Marquez, would be happy to speak with you again. Please do not hesitate to reach out to him for any reason. Thank you!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate our anniversary, and to have one day to ourselves away from my lovely but energetic two-year old daughter. I did a lot of searching for a location that would offer us a couples massage, meal, room and an experience. Turning Stone did just that! From the moment we pulled up, someone tended to our car and luggage, while we checked in. We were running late and went straight to our massage appointment. Absolute heaven. The spa is fantastic. Didn't love the "slippers", but it didn't even matter. Everything was perfect. Dinner at Pino was delicious, albeit our waitress was slow and fake nice. Dessert at Wildflowers was phenomenal. Our rose petal turndown was breathtakingly romantic. Breakfast at Wildflowers was hands-down best breakfast ever. I can't say enough good things about our stay. We are already discussing a return visit. And who knows, maybe a wedding! Best hotel experience...ever!

Room Tip: Best prices on weekdays. So quiet, we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank majorkat717
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The lodge is a beautiful haven of tranquility and luxury annexed off the otherwise bustling Turning Stone Casino. This was not my first time staying at Turning Stone but it was my first time staying in The Lodge and I cannot say that I wasn't impressed...which I very well should have been for the price we paid.

We booked two adjoining suites at The Lodge for a Bachelorette Party with about ten of us total. The layout of the two suites was perfect, especially how they really opened up into one another. I can't emphasize enough how well this worked out for a large group- we all had a place to stay and hang out without feeling crowded or like the room was overrun with suitcases/clothes etc.

The room itself, and the whole Lodge facility really, was incredibly well done- beds were comfy and bathrooms felt luxurious. The front desk was more than accommodating for extra room keys and toiletries people had left at home. Even the views out of our living area was stunning. The location is off the beaten path, so to speak, regarding the rest of the Casino but it's not a large enough facility where I really found this a problem.

There were only two bits of oddities/disgruntlement that I will point out:

1. There were no "real" doors to the bathrooms. The doors were more like heavy screens/swinging doors that do not securely shut or lock. If you were staying with a significant other, or even just one friend, this might be just fine, but traveling with a group made it slightly awkward. Thankfully we were only staying one night and we are all fairly close...

2. My biggest complaint is that apparently you are not allowed to bring any alcohol on site. As this was a bachelorette, and nor did I not see anything blatantly touting this policy on their site, we brought champagne to have in the room while we were getting ready. Upon unloading the car, we were told that the cameras were watching already and we had to leave it in the car. Luckily, we arrived in separate waves, and another group of us was able to secure the champagne in a closed suitcase (as opposed to the open tote bag it was previously in). The doorman who met another group of us informed them of the policy and then purposefully turned away while it was secured out of sight in a closed bag.

Regardless, though, of how strict the policy is or not, I found the general principle to be rather silly. Save for cruises, I've never been to a hotel where they do not allow alcohol -or really pay any kind of mind to what you bring into your room. Turning Stone is a big celebratory facility (weddings, bachelor(ette), birthdays, etc.) and it only is natural and appropriate to enjoy a cocktail or two while you are in the room--PARTICULARLY if you are paying almost $1000 for your rooms. I can't lie- I was a bit perturbed by this and it will seriously make me reconsider booking another celebratory event here since I don't want to have to worry about "sneaking" anything in.

Overall, though, the stay was enjoyable and the facility is beautiful. Turning Stone itself is a fun place and has great themed restaurants and tons to do.

My bottom line: If you have the money and don't mind sneaking in your booze, The Lodge is a wonderful place to stay. If not, stay in The Towers. They are also nice enough and not quite as expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at the lodge for the 1st time. It is a superior property, close to the action & restaurants of turning stone but quiet and nice. All rooms are spacious suites with nice amenities. The service is good. There's a bar off the lobby with limited hours and Wildflowers restaurant open for breakfast & lunch. We didn't have time to check out the pool or spa. The only disappointment was that our request for a later check out was denied. They encourage you to eat in their restaurants & gamble all night but make you check out at noon?

Room Tip: There are some smoking rooms and some non-smoking. The ground floor rooms don't have balconies.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Polly H
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is our second stay at The Lodge and it did not disappoint. The room is large and very well appointed. The bed is very comfortable and in a separate room from a spacious sitting area. The bathroom and dressing areas also offer plenty of space. The rest of the hotel is beautifully decorated and the Great Room is a great place to hang out in the evening with a drink. The staff is wonderfully helpful and friendly. Worth the few extra dollars to stay here versus the Tower.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple